Got myself & the Missus new Shoei XR(RF)1100 Helmets!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is where im going Sunday , hope these prices dont sting you Jamie :thumbup: Full Face : AMA Warehouse, Motorcycle & Motocross Accessories - Gold Coast, Queensland

Nope! No stinging going on here, i got a non clearance price 2011 design for $50 less than all the clearance models i have seen anywhere in Oz, which all seem to be $750..i paid $699 for each lid! Retail on both is $899 right now! I got a fantastic deal! :thumbup:

Having said that, every bike shop i walked into, was very keen to offer more discount, to get the sale...i think things are a bit slow in the shops right now...internet shopping is biting hard right now...

If it was'nt for the fact that the is no AS sticker on an American bought Shoei, i would of bought from OS, same helmet in America...$499!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Now we want a review of the helmet Jamie :)

When i pick them up, and actually get to use the things....tomorrow is looking like the day! Just waiting for Jess to come with me...so we can confirm we have the right size helmet for her head!

Am sorta hoping the Sena SMH10 Bluetooth headsets turn up in the next day or so as well, so i can attach them to the new lids, and give the things a test...

Apparently, the built in speaker recesses on the Shoei XR1100 are exactly the right size for the Sena "disc" style speakers that come with the headset's...

With the XR1100 inner lining being completely removable, installation should be a cinch...

I did take one of the helmets out of the box at the shop on Saturday morning...OMFG, it looks amazing...the quality of finish is superb, and the "enigma" paint design just looks super schmick!

:thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Brilliant graphics! Also like the ear relief areas for the disc type headset I have for my Chatterbox X-1 GMRS bluetooth..

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice lid Jamie , really like the graphics :thumbup: Such a shame the helmet doesnt lend itself to my head shape :(

I do think I have finally talked myself into replacing my much much much loved AGV with one of these early in the new year :thumbup:
%5Cogk-ff5kaiser-add1.jpg

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice lid Jamie , really like the graphics :thumbup: Such a shame the helmet doesnt lend itself to my head shape :(

I do think I have finally talked myself into replacing my much much much loved AGV with one of these early in the new year :thumbup:
%5Cogk-ff5kaiser-add1.jpg

I had a good look at the OGK helmets the other day....look to be very well made, and they look great too! What sorta $$$ you looking at for one of those bad boys???

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a good look at the OGK helmets the other day....look to be very well made, and they look great too! What sorta $$$ you looking at for one of those bad boys???

In the shops up here they are selling the FF5 which is the latest addition to the OGK lineup for around the $550 mark which seems great value for a helmet that gets rave reviews like this OGK FF-5 - webBikeWorld everywhere I read.... They dont have a bad thing to say about any of the OGK line up :thumbup:

Spiderman19

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you everybody for the informative posts. I am a brand new rider, still learning. I didn't want to cut corners on the helmet so the sales guy told me to go with the RF1100. I was worried I might be over-paying for something that was not the best quality. I have been very happy so far. Thank you for all the helpful information!