Any One Use the Sena SMH10 Intercom

JAZZ-n-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey,

I've been looking into getting an intercom system for the wify and me. I initially was looking at the xbi or xbi2, but I stumbled on the Sena SMH10 and it seems to get great reviews. It's the only intercom system that people have stated that it can get TOO LOUD.

The only drawback is that when connected to 3 other Sena units, it can only talk to one at a time and has to rotate to talk to others.

Since none of the people I ride with have intercom systems this is not a big drawback because I will usually only talk to my wife when on the back.

If you have it what do you think of it, and if you have something else, what is it and what do you think of it.

Jeremy

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I use a chatterbox GMRS X1 with bluetooth. They are pricey and it is a bulkier unit but we (USA) have the advantage of GMRS radio which gives you communications with like units. Typically I can talk to my wife in the car because we also have GMRS walkie talkies as well as my neighbor on his cruiser who has a GMRS WT. I ride with a group where no one has one and I ride with a group where every other person has a unit. I can't even begin to say how much butt has been saved when riding with the one group and having communication.
You could say I spent a lot of money on a feature I rarely use but it has bluetooth and my wife can call me to see if I'm okay. All in all I love this unit and when I need it I have bike to bike, bike to car, bike to grandkids! Ten-Four good buddies! haha!

It has a plug for intercom so you can wire jump to another unit.

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually have a couple of the Sena units. I'm using the phone right now to write this message and it would take me longer to find previous posts where I have written my experiences using this device.
I think that if you search the forum for SENA SMH10 you'll find the info here.

I was also told they (SENA) are working on an adaptor to connect the units to 2 way radios so you can have "group talk" but I have not heard anything about it.

Good luck,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered one at the weekend.

Wolfman has done the same :thumbup:

Can't wait to try it out :)

Apparently my Sena SMH10's passed through customs in Oz on the 2nd of this month, seeing as today is the 5th of January, i am sorta hoping they turn up today! :D

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I used my SENA setup on my huge California trip this last August. Worked beautifully and had zero complaints. Saved so much time and sanity for sure. Even used it for voice navigation. Worked great navigating Las Vegas.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using tapatalk.

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually have a couple of the Sena units. I'm using the phone right now to write this message and it would take me longer to find previous posts where I have written my experiences using this device.
I think that if you search the forum for SENA SMH10 you'll find the info here.

I was also told they (SENA) are working on an adaptor to connect the units to 2 way radios so you can have "group talk" but I have not heard anything about it.

Good luck,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a link to my experience using this device, I hope it helps:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/product-reviews/31431-my-experience-using-sena-smh10.html

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered one at the weekend.

Wolfman has done the same :thumbup:

Can't wait to try it out :)

Let us know how it is!

I'm going to get a comm system this winter, still trying to find the best one for me. I only really care to have helmet-to-helmet communications with my passenger (or maybe a fellow rider). I'm not at all concerned about music, radio, phone, whatever.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My sena's arrived today! Woohoo! Just installed one so far...and did a quick test of sound with my I phone connected...took seconds to connect via Bluetooth, sound quality is awesome!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My sena's arrived today! Woohoo! Just installed one so far...and did a quick test of sound with my I phone connected...took seconds to connect via Bluetooth, sound quality is awesome!
Yay!

Just imagine Jamie, riding from Adelaide to Phillip Island with my voice, Mikes and Jess's in your ear the whole way :D

Be good to test how the 4-way connection works out.

Ours has been posted - What did you pay? We paid $259 plus $35 delivery. Nearly $700 in Australia :eek:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yay!

Just imagine Jamie, riding from Adelaide to Phillip Island with my voice, Mikes and Jess's in your ear the whole way :D

Be good to test how the 4-way connection works out.

Ours has been posted - What did you pay? We paid $259 plus $35 delivery. Nearly $700 in Australia :eek:

I paid $249 plus $35 shipping i reckon....Your gonna be happy! It is some very nice kit, and heaps easy to use!

As with the intercom....oh lord, not one, but 2 woman in my ear!!! ;)

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hopefully be ordering one myself in the next couple of weeks. Been wanting to do awaywith that horrible earphone lead for ages, but wanted to wait until folks figured out what they wanted, so I wouldn't end up with something that wouldn't pair up. Lol.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
You guys will not be disappointed. I do not ride without using mine. I have found that using earplugs make the sound easier to understand and volume is not an issue. ENJOY!

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using tapatalk.