Increasing FZ6 Top Speed

BatmanFZ6

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Visit site
Important things to remember: Over 100 mph. is really just a number to any motorcycle 250cc and up.

Please be safe and don't worry about a few mph at the top of the spectrum that most all bikes are close to and concentrate on skills in turns and longevity in motorcycling. :)

My goal is to join the 200mph Club. They have almost everything but a 600 in it pluss it is on my bucket list lol

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
you wont do it on a FZ...aerodynamics come into play on top of horsepower.
my R1 ran out of gears at 189, now with a sprocket change im sure it could do 200+ easily, but you also have to have a good set of race tires, and a good chain guard, a well setup suspension...

BatmanFZ6

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Visit site
you wont do it on a FZ...aerodynamics come into play on top of horsepower.
my R1 ran out of gears at 189, now with a sprocket change im sure it could do 200+ easily, but you also have to have a good set of race tires, and a good chain guard, a well setup suspension...

I am not saying I am going to do it tomorrow lol Little by little she is getting there. As for the FZ not doing it I have faith in her, I have talked to some techs that know my bike and was told it is possible so we can agree to disagree on that part. :thumbup:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There is the Brute Strength Approach! But you need more Torque for that! So, boost or bump the compression ratio and add fuel to the fire! :thumbup:

However -

Get rid of Aero Drag.... (click)
Think Aero

BatmanFZ6

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Visit site
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLtrAShMv6I&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]The Fastest 600cc Motorcycle On The Planet! Dynojet's 2009 record setting CBR600RR - 206mph! - YouTube[/ame]

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
way to rain on our hooning Cliff....

Oh no! I'm not raining on anyone's hooning! I just want it to be safer and thoughtful so that you have many many years and miles of it! :rockon: Blah

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For 200+ aerodynamics is the key. HP is really a moot point over about 150ish. Reason being aerodynamic drag goes up exponentially, horsepower increases in small increments. Yes even a 'Busa with a blower in incremental unless aerodynamics are address.

This is a great site to check out: TEXAS MILE // OFFICIAL SITE // 3 DAYS, 1 MILE: NO SPEED LIMIT

Be sure to look at the bike numbers/results, note the difference in speed between the half mile, and the mile. That is the reality metric for drag.

If you search the site you'll find a Texas Mile thread with a turbo FZ6. I don't recall his speed, maybe 150.

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I would like to experience what 200 mph feels like, but my common sense says to do it from inside of a monocoque, but that's me..:don'tknow:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been about 145 to 155 going into turn one at Texas World Speedway in my R6 race bike, it is mind altering. That's off a 23 degree banking. Google it.

BatmanFZ6

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Visit site
If he only hit 150 with a turbo I do not know what is wrong with his bike, I hit 159 as is on my 04. As for an FZ never hitting 200.... That will change just give me time. Blah

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
He did it on an old 1920 Indian with a V twin...

p20146sm.jpg

Invercargill-Southland-Museum-Fastest-Indian-in-the-World-Motorcycle.jpg

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
If he only hit 150 with a turbo I do not know what is wrong with his bike, I hit 159 as is on my 04. As for an FZ never hitting 200.... That will change just give me time. Blah

The max top speed measured by most magazines is 136mph with stock gearing, i have a 15t sprocket and i have done a max of 136mph, the bike had nothing more to give, and i tried for many miles!
Before i did the sprocket change, my top speed had been 136mph.
Some people with a 17t front sprocket have also done guess what? 136mph.

The FZ6 is limited by its weight, lack of power, and lack of aerodynamics.

IMO there is no way you hit 159 mph, maybe your speedo showed 159, but that means pretty much nothing.

Considering a yamaha R6 which is is 50lbs lighter, has 35 extra Hp and is aerodynamic still doesn't get much past 160mph i highly doubt an FZ6 can reach 200, unless you start spending stupid money at it and have a full team working on it!

Last edited:

BatmanFZ6

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Visit site
I am not going to get into a p***ing contest here. In a month or so I will be putting new tires on (running with a plug right now) and a camera. At that point I will do it again with GPS and putility all the misconceptions to rest. I know my bike and what she can do so until I get what I need to get that is all I have to say on the matter.

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
I am not going to get into a p***ing contest here. In a month or so I will be putting new tires on (running with a plug right now) and a camera. At that point I will do it again with GPS and putility all the misconceptions to rest. I know my bike and what she can do so until I get what I need to get that is all I have to say on the matter.

agreed. lets not have a p***ing contest. Post back when you hit 200mph on your FZ6:thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

:surrender:Just be safe and have fun! :popcorn::iconbeer:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

This is over one mile from a standing start. R1s only do 165 in a mile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk