Increasing FZ6 Top Speed

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
i went the fastest i ever went today when the speedo hit 110mph in the express lane on the freeway. i soon pulled back to 85-90mph. the bike pulled to 110mph like a little rocket. just blam!

fast enough for me. i remember a few years ago before i started riding i'd be in my car and see guys riding 90mph+ in the "fast lane" and think "wtf that is crazy i would never do that"

well now i am doing it and am either crazy or not. but it is me now, not somebody else. and that is plenty good enough and fast enough and all else riding involves for me

Last edited:

RedFZMenace

Reaction score
Visit site
I know this thread is probably dead by now but I just wanted to weigh in my two cents. I have replaced the stock muffler with open exhaust tips from eBay(the Akrapovic clones that everyone has) and a 47t rear sprocket and I have wound this specific bike out to 155/156mph(it was going back and forth) on a public road (with no driveways or any cars in sight mind you. I'm crazy but not stupid). Just thinking maybe everyone's too scared to push it that hard or my cheap mods put me up there. It doesn't have any performance mods or engine work done. Literally bone stock engine.

RedFZMenace

Reaction score
Visit site
{troll bait}
Actually bro I was just straight up incorrect. After going back and reading the rest of the thread I realized I was just taking the speedo reading at face value, not realizing there is a factory margin of error that is substantially increased at higher speeds. I was probably only going 140-145

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
On a trip through "Mexico" gps read 150. Speedo was WAY off like high 16x. Butt was full pucker and got it out of my system...

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have only exceeded 160 mph a few times in my life (never on the FZ6) and what I find disconcerting is the tunnel vision that is created by the hyper focus of seeing down the road while traveling nearly a football field length per second. Stopping distance will be nearly or over 1,000 feet (you can't apply full brakes at that speed) requiring you to see nearly 1/4-mile down the road just to identify what you are about to hit.