I had an accident today....

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
So glad you are OK!! Hope the wrist heals quickly. I guess you will just have to hang out at the beach for a while and get sympathy from all the hotties. :thumbup:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you came out in one peice!
There is always something to be learnt from any situation whether its an accident, near miss or close call, just have to figure out what it is!
I know I've seen alot of people complain about the FZ6 lights, so you guys must get something different from the stock light we get down here in Aus which wouldn't suprise me since our roads are so bad.

vrsbrazil

Reaction score
twitter.com
Hello all,

This accident happened a few months ago, but I forgot to post the bike pictures, so here it is!
By the way, the bike could not be fixed, but the insurance refunded me and I got a new one! :rockon:

21122009.jpg

The engine got quite ugly...

21122009%28001%29.jpg

It doesn´t look so bad when you see from the front...

21122009%28004%29.jpg

Remember to be safe out there!

Thank you!

AlphaLima

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad your ok, but i too would love to hear reviews of your gear. Best way to find out about how gear holds up is from the people that (unfortunately) find out the hard way.

vrsbrazil

Reaction score
twitter.com
Hi Again,

It's been a while since I had thios accident, more than a year I guess, but I did forget to make a gear review, so here it is:

By the time I was wearing the following:

Jacket & Pants: Texx Cordura I don't remeber the model
Gloves: Spidi STR-1
Boots: Alpinestars MX5
Back Protector: ALPINESTARS Bionic
Frame sliders: Vortex

So I have to say the Frame sliders helped a lot as when the bike hit the floor it was supposed to press my leg under it but the slider hit the floor first allowing the bike to slide away from me.
The Cordura gear slided well on the pavement allowing a nice speed reduction and after the crash there was no major damage in it, not a single hole opened, so after a nice wash I was able to use it again!
The gloves were pretty wrecked afterwards, but did it's job nicelly I did not suffer any burns or scratches and after I showed the glove to the guy that sold it to me he actually wanted to keep it so he could show it to customers!
The boots suffered a few scratches and no major damage, my feet were perfectly fine aterwards, so that was great as well.
The back protector was not really used or at least I did not feel it, so I guess it did it's job...
My helmet was of a national brand (MHR), which held the crash but the visor flew away from the helmet when I hit the head to the floor, after that I bought an AGV K3, I think I am better protected now.

Hope this information is useful, take care!

Last edited:

Redback

Reaction score
Visit site
Good to hear your ok i personally think councils have an obligation to clean this crap up trucks jut drop **** everywhere and don't give two bob.
a place where i work welshpool its a mostly industrial lot of trucking company's always oil and crap on the road you just have to take it for granted now that there is going to be crap there
and light poles don't get me started on them wouldn't even light up a dunny get well mate