I had an accident today....

vrsbrazil

Reaction score
twitter.com
It´s nothing seriuos! But I did fell on about 60 mph on a left turn. I was not speeding for the road standards ( 75 mph top speed) but that´s a road that many trucks pass by and I one of them left some sand and oil on the left lane, I couldn´t see iut because it was night and the road lights were not working.

It happened so fast I couldn´t control it...

Anyway the message is because I was fully equiped nothing bad happened, all I have now is a twisted fist, it hurts but I´ll survive...

Thank you and be careful out there...

snapshot-5.jpg

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I don´t think I´m riding at night no more...

Just an observation.... the headlight(s) on the FZ6 are not super strong...

It's important to remember to ride no faster than you can stop, in the space you can see.

Bad lighting, and high speed..... I bet the gravel was on you so fast you could not react.

Would riding slower have helped, do you think? If you could see the stuff in the road farther ahead of you, would that have helped as well?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It´s nothing seriuos! But I did fell on about 60 mph on a left turn. I was not speeding for the road standards ( 75 mph top speed) but that´s a road that many trucks pass by and I one of them left some sand and oil on the left lane, I couldn´t see iut because it was night and the road lights were not working.

It happened so fast I couldn´t control it...

Anyway the message is because I was fully equiped nothing bad happened, all I have now is a twisted fist, it hurts but I´ll survive...

Thank you and be careful out there...

snapshot-5.jpg
My one and only get off on the FZ6 was on gravel dropped by trucks. Not much you can do about it once you start to slide. Heal soon, what's the damage to the bike like?

Nelly

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
Just an observation.... the headlight(s) on the FZ6 are not super strong...

It's important to remember to ride no faster than you can stop, in the space you can see.

Bad lighting, and high speed..... I bet the gravel was on you so fast you could not react.

Would riding slower have helped, do you think? If you could see the stuff in the road farther ahead of you, would that have helped as well?

the Fazer has great headlights at night!
glad you are ok though. well done to sustain minimal damage at such speed!
Rumpole

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's nice to hear from another person from Brazil -- too bad it's about a wreck but at least you're not totally wracked up. Heal up!

Someone else asked: how's the bike?

As for the stock headlights, they do sorta suck. I've got some sort of brighter sylvania bulbs in my bike that are a little better than stock. HID's would be nice, some day.

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that. Sliding at 60 MPH is no joke. I agree with Nelly. There's nothing to be learned here. It's just bad luck. Sand and gravel are the thing that scare me most and for that reason I try to avoid riding at night. Heal well my friend.

vrsbrazil

Reaction score
twitter.com
My one and only get off on the FZ6 was on gravel dropped by trucks. Not much you can do about it once you start to slide. Heal soon, what's the damage to the bike like?

Nelly

Very bad damages actually, the engine is boken, lots of oil dripped off, the tank is scratched, the gear pedal is also broken and some other things.... oh well, it should be fixed in about 2 weeks time...