Hydraulic clutch?

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Part I:

Does anyone know of a hydraulic clutch kit for the FZ6?

Part II:

What year R6 is the FZ6 motor from? That may broaden my search.

Part III:

I'm thinking about a hydraulic clutch because I get severe wrist pains when I have to shift a lot. I'll most likely try a new clutch cable, and adjusting my bars and levers around first, but wondering what kind of options I may have in the hydraulic world IF the cheap route doesn't work.

Have you tried lubricating the clutch cable? I noticed a big difference when I did mine and it only cost a couple of quid for the lube tool off eBay and a can of WD40 I already had in the garage. Cheap and cheerful and very effective.

Have you tried lubricating the clutch cable? I noticed a big difference when I did mine and it only cost a couple of quid for the lube tool off eBay and a can of WD40 I already had in the garage. Cheap and cheerful and very effective.

I have tried that, with actual cable lube, and still no dice.

I have tried that, with actual cable lube, and still no dice.
I've done the same. The clutch cable set-up is the worst I've ever used. I would love a hydraulic option but there may be be another mechanical solution because I was trying the clutch on a GSXR 750 (cable) the other day and they're like butter!

Have you used a lot of hydraulic motorcycle clutches before? In my experience they are not a ton easier to pull...just better action.

What kind of riding conditions are causing you to shift so much? There may be an easier solution.

EDIT - or you can extend the slave lever arm killernoodle style. Probably a lot cheaper and easier.

Well this thread started way better than the one you started on SBN :eek:

I have a feeling that the new Gladius owners are going to make the gixxer :squid:'s look smart

Back