How much have you spent servicing your bike at the dealership?

How much have you spent getting your bike serviced or repaired at the dealership?

• $ 0.00 bike was still under warranty or I had no repairs or servicing needed.

Votes: 81 44.8%
  • Under $250.00 USD

Votes: 64 35.4%
  • $250 - $500 USD

Votes: 26 14.4%
  • $500 - $1,000 USD

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • $1,000 - and up

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just curious how much everyone has spent getting their Fizzer repaired or serviced at the dealership. This includes any parts that were purchased and installed by them, like tires and filters, etc. In other words, if they turned a wrench, then it counts. Any parts purchased and installed by you does not count!

When I was a noob...

1st service/inspection when I got it used - $150
Remove stupid ass alarm - $163
Replace fork seals - $205
I need a :spank:

First service: 100 Euro. August 2007
10.000 km: 150 Euro. November 2007
20.000 km: 350 Euro April 2008
30.000 km: 150 euro August 2008

= 750 Euro = 1100 USD

This is excluding 2 sets of tires, new front suspension, sub cowling.

Man I need an extra job.........

I've done it all DIY. However, invested probably $175 for new metric wrenches, sockets, allen sockets, and a Motion Pro Carb Synch tool.

Never been back for any service after the OTD purchase. I've done it all myself and check things a lot more often than the manual asks you to. :D

Not a plug nickel. DIY.

The only service work I forsee is changing tires and adjusting valves. I've done both but don't care to ever do them again.

The nice thing about working on an MC vs. a car is with an MC everything, for the most part, it external. You don't need to remove body parts, covers, jack up, etc. Even many of the motor parts are external; clutch plates, cassette transmissions, drive sprockets, chains, etc. With a little bit of time and some help, working on an MC is pretty easy...and fun too.

If it weren't for tires, $0. next time I need new tires, I plan on investing in a wheel balancer and some 2x4s so I do that myself as well.

sorry Boo....I gotta say: :rtfm:

hehe if you need a copy I'll send it! But it's in the owner's manual under your seat :thumbup:

haha I have a copy I didn't get one with the bike, but I downloaded it..

It is so much easier just to ask lol

I will just bring it to the dealer and tell them to do what it is they do at 4,000 miles hehe. OR, make(ask sweetly) my husband :rtfm: and have him do it.

don't be sorry. I am being way lazy. I am at work and bored to death(probably could be reading the manual).

haha I have a copy I didn't get one with the bike, but I downloaded it..

It is so much easier just to ask lol

I will just bring it to the dealer and tell them to do what it is they do at 4,000 miles hehe. OR, make(ask sweetly) my husband :rtfm: and have him do it.

don't be sorry. I am being way lazy. I am at work and bored to death(probably could be reading the manual).

Touche....all good points...I vote that you have husband read it, and do it...you can reward with beer and :cheer: or stop him in the middle of doing it and :cheer: on the bike ... that's a good idea... my 8,000 mile service is coming up...perhaps I'll invite the girlfriend over ;)

Great idea! he will love that. Everyone needs a cheerleader now and again. Infact, his bike was running terribly so we went out and bought a new air cleaner, new spark plugs and changed it all out. I held the gas tank and whatever else I could do to help. Oh and I bought him stainless steel cables which he loves. We pretty much do everything together, even if I can't help. I sit and talk with him.

:)

Great idea! he will love that. Everyone needs a cheerleader now and again. Infact, his bike was running terribly so we went out and bought a new air cleaner, new spark plugs and changed it all out. I held the gas tank and whatever else I could do to help. Oh and I bought him stainless steel cables which he loves. We pretty much do everything together, even if I can't help. I sit and talk with him.

:)

Now THIS is a great wife! :D You two sound like Michele and I! :cheer:

That is why we need to meet up soon. Hopefully in Sept.. Oct will probably be chilly .. so we shall see. Our friend is still in his cast, but maybe we will get up to Conway for a weekend. :thumbup:

Deb

We're on vacation in Florida from Spet 6th through the 21st. Maybe plan something for the weekend of the 27th? At least a meet someplace we can get to? Doesn't have to be bikes.... I know! We always go to King Richard's Faire. Interested?

Back