How much did you $spend on your fz6? $7200

H

HavBlue

ya, I ride that pretty regularly when the weathers nice. where are you from??? I'm not up to par on state slogans.

Originally from Riverside County, CA. Now living in Simpson County, Kentucky about 25 miles from Wrightme's home in Bowling Green. Maybe now I can finally ride with another FZ6.... That would be very cool as I have seen one other on the road in the 4 years I have owned mine and that was in the Ghost Town of Oatman Arizona during the 2005 Laughlin River Run. It was silver and just passing by. I had the Sporty and the FZ6 was at home....... Dang....

2X80MPH

Moved here in May of 2006. Used to ride Palms to Pines all the time. We also used to ride 38 up to Big Bear. You ever ride to the Rock Store in Malibu?

Started riding to "The Store" in the mid 60's ... was there Sun. morning! Angeles Crest Hwy. is my "home" road. I'm sure you've been there!

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after
the sweetness of a cheap price is forgotten!"

H

HavBlue

Started riding to "The Store" in the mid 60's ... was there Sun. morning! Angeles Crest Hwy. is my "home" road. I'm sure you've been there!

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after
the sweetness of a cheap price is forgotten!"

Not only been there, used to Patrol the east end of that road and general area.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I wanted to add another data point.

2007 in Red, brand new.
$6861.30 out the door, and a discount on GIVI PLX bags through the parts department.

I'll be picking it up in two days!

If the sales manager doesn't cry himself to sleep at night, I haven't done my job. :rockon:

Fred

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After doing research, getting advice from you guys on FZ6-Forum.com, and a lot of haggling, I bought my brand new blue 2007 FZ6 for $6100 OTD!. That is not bad considering the sales tax here in California is 8.25% and registration is couple of hundred dollars. The MSRP for the '07 FZ6 is currently $6,849 - that does not include the tax + registraion.

Thanks for all the advice! Now, I just ordered my new frame-sliders and I am looking forward to enjoying my new bike.

Cheers

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I paid 6400 OTD for my 2007 in Massachusetts on Dec 7, 2007 no sales Tax because i live in NH and NH is the best with having no sales tax.

H

HavBlue

After doing research, getting advice from you guys on FZ6-Forum.com, and a lot of haggling, I bought my brand new blue 2007 FZ6 for $6100 OTD!. That is not bad considering the sales tax here in California is 8.25% and registration is couple of hundred dollars. The MSRP for the '07 FZ6 is currently $6,849 - that does not include the tax + registraion.

Thanks for all the advice! Now, I just ordered my new frame-sliders and I am looking forward to enjoying my new bike.

Cheers

Sales tax on a vehicle in the State of California is variable and it depends on where that vehicle is garaged. An example of this would be the person buying a bike in LA County but living in Riverside County. The tax for Riverside County is 7.75% and this would be the sales tax based on the ride being garaged in Riverside County. Hundreds of dollars difference in the sales tax could occur simply because of where the ride is garaged.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
True... I guess I was just excited about having paid $6100 OTD. Not a bad deal don't ya think?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Cheers

Thats Unbelievable. Great deal! I know one member in California who paid over $8,000 for an '06. I just wished that this thread was available when I bought my bike. Truthfuly, I didn't find about this forum until after I bought my bike. As a result, I paid too much. But I'm glad you got a great deal, and you deserve it. You obviously did your homework. Makes me feel pretty good that I was able to help out a fellow member on purchasing a new bike by creating this thread. Enjoy and stay safe. We should hook up sometime in the spring.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just found out that the place i bought my bike 1 month ago is going out of business so that might have had something to do with the deal i got. Also i wish i had waited since i could have used that to bargain with... Oh well

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a plan VegasRider! Let me just break-in and brush up my bike skills. The idea of riding out to Vegas on a bike was always on my mind. Maybe we can meet somewhere midway - I am assuming you are from Vegas?

Cheers.

Gregww

Ride Away
Reaction score
Visit site
I paid $8,300 OTD. New 07' fast blue fz6.

That was for
The Bike take lic.fee, etc
3yr war.
Helmet
Gloves
Cover
Free 600mile tune up

Did I get shanked??

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I paid $8,300 OTD. New 07' fast blue fz6.

That was for
The Bike take lic.fee, etc
3yr war.
Helmet
Gloves
Cover
Free 600mile tune up

Did I get shanked??

600 mile tune-up/oil change $250
Bike cover$100
Gloves $50
Helmet $200

That's roughly about $600 worth right there, bringing your OTD price to $7700. Another Californian member just got his bike for $6100 OTD, so looks like you paid $1600 for the extra 2 year warranty, since the 1st year is essentially covered by Yamaha.

Mr T

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my 07 in January 08, Paid R69 000.00 ($9 857.00) OTD, in comparison to what you are paying in the US, we are getting screwed in South Africa.
Shoei XR1000 helmet R4 200.00 ($600.00