How much did you $spend on your fz6? $7200

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
2007 FZ6 in Northern Illinois

A few weeks ago, I purchased a new 2007 FZ6. The base price was $5850. They added $698 for freight, $376 for handling, $58.48 for documentary fee (?), for a subtotal of $6982.48. Then comes the 6.75% sales tax, addiing another $471.33 and a $103 license/title/registration fee for my total OTD price of $7556.81.

Upon reflection, I probably got hosed on fees. The dealer was in a pretty congested area and the salesman offered to ride my bike to my home. That was very important to me, after all, I had just gotten my motorcycle license a few days earlier. I wanted to practice on my street before I ventured out into traffic.

I probably could have haggled a little, but I was too exciting. So, I may have slightly overpaid, but I'm pretty happy with my bike.

Craig

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't run any calculations but just by eyeballing it seems the average is between $6,800 and $7,300. With all the things the FZ6 offers compared to other bikes in its class, even if you paid more than that you still got a good deal on a great bike. I'm sure many of us would have given a little extra dough to get behind the handlebars of such a versatile bike, especially now that we've had a chance to sample all the goodys this bike offers up.

bike10

Reaction score
Visit site
Title & reg Fees

I broker RV & Boat deals for a living. The lic & Tax differs all over. For example, CA has some counties that charge 9.00%, while VA it is 3% with a cap of $300 if I remember correctly, but you pay a large Anual property tax. OR & MT have no sales tax new or used. AZ only charges $4.00 for a tile, but IL charges $65.00 for the same process (they must have the best coffee & donuts of any DMV). All the other states fall somewhere in between.

Since I'm in the business, I'll share some dealer info. The dealer buys the product form the manufacturer and then sets the shipping costs fees at or above his actual cost when adding them to the deal. He'll also ad inventory tax fees and PDI fees (pre-delivery inspection) and fees for assembly in the case of a bike. As I understand it, they are 90% assembled when they arrrive at the dealer.

So my bike was advertised at $4999.00, but it was sold for $5423.00 before tax, lic, and bendover fees were added. After the free Colonostapy I paid $6324.00 out the door. I do like the bike and know that it went for more so I really don't have too many complaints.

Gdubya

Reaction score
Visit site
holdbacks?

Is there anything like car dealer's holdbacks on Bikes? On cars the dealer gets around 3% (depending on the mfr) to cover costs of keeping the car safe, clean, advertising, etc while it is on the dealer lot.

I have gotten a great deal couple times, waiting for one to come off a truck and taking delivery that day, since then the dealer gets to pocket that holdback as profit, even if they sold it at invoice.

Gdubya

Reaction score
Visit site
Dealer here in MN, quoted me $5999+tax/title for an 07 (basically $150 over invoice from what I saw on this thread) with no other fees. Finishing up my MSF this weekend (after not riding for 15yrs it seemed like a good idea) and provided I pass and all, I'm picking it up next week.

Nice to have a dealer tell me an actual price over the phone other than "we'll work with ya on price" or "just come on down, we'll give ya good deal"

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Uk Prices ... Grrrrrrrrr

You guys n girls are sooooo lucky in the states and Canada ....

I just paid £5k for my 07 S2 which is about $10k US dollars .. :(

AND THAT WAS A GOOD DEAL FOR ENGLAND !!!

Maybe my next bike will involve a trip to the states ;)

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
A few weeks ago, I purchased a new 2007 FZ6. The base price was $5850. They added $698 for freight, $376 for handling, $58.48 for documentary fee (?), for a subtotal of $6982.48. Then comes the 6.75% sales tax, addiing another $471.33 and a $103 license/title/registration fee for my total OTD price of $7556.81.

Upon reflection, I probably got hosed on fees. The dealer was in a pretty congested area and the salesman offered to ride my bike to my home. That was very important to me, after all, I had just gotten my motorcycle license a few days earlier. I wanted to practice on my street before I ventured out into traffic.

I probably could have haggled a little, but I was too exciting. So, I may have slightly overpaid, but I'm pretty happy with my bike.

Craig

Craig how do you rate it as a first bike ? mine doesn't arrive til next thursday ... can't wait :eek:

Does it meet all your requirments / expectations ??

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I paid £3200.00 for an 06 model with 2000 miles on the clock, I thought that that was a proper bargin.

Limey

Reaction score
Visit site
cdn $

I paid $6700.00 cdn .
for my 06 with 2300km on the clock,

Taxes in turned out to be$ 7571.00 on the road.

at todays exchange about $6700.00 US taxes in.

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
I paid £3200.00 for an 06 model with 2000 miles on the clock, I thought that that was a proper bargin.

I bought an 06 on an 07 plate brand new £4600 on the road. Which I thought was a good deal. Couldn't find a second hand one for anything like a reasonable price. In dealers i was looking at £3k for 01 /02 plate.

Did you buy from a dealer or private?

Ironhide

Reaction score
Visit site
First time purchasing a bike. 2007 FZ6 June $7750 out the door $6750 for the bike and $1000 for a 3yr extended warranty and 3yr service maintance to include the first 600 mile service.