How many miles have you rode your bike?

How many miles have YOU put on your bike.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Fart

Reaction score
Visit site
Old newbie

Love my 07 FZ6. bought new july o7. have 4,000 mi on it .My first new bike ever was a 1967 Triumph TR6C I have been riding off & on ever since. FZ6 is the first modern bike i have owned.

Rolly

Reaction score
Visit site
Only about 250 miles but then I have only ridden it twice in the 5 days I' ve owned it.

I expect to put about 5000- 6000 miles on this in the next 12 months and about the same on the replacement ZZR1200 that I am looking for at the moment.

Happy riding folks!!! Hope the sun is shining where you are..........:D

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
my commute is 3.5 miles each way, so i ride every day but rarely crack 10 miles.....during the winter. My bikes about 9 months old with only 3700 miles on it.

Gawd I miss the sun.....

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my '05 in May 2006. I just sold it with 6,300 +/- miles on it. My new '08 will have its 1st mile on it on April 12th!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You might be or first member who will be on their 2nd FZ6

As far as sign-up date? Maybe! I know wavex is on his second bike. I only know one other who is on his second but don't know if he's in this forum. Both those guys had unfortunate circumstances that caused them to own a 2nd. I think I'm likely the first to willingly sell and buy another? :rockon:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As far as sign-up date? Maybe! I know wavex is on his second bike. I only know one other who is on his second but don't know if he's in this forum. Both those guys had unfortunate circumstances that caused them to own a 2nd. I think I'm likely the first to willingly sell and buy another? :rockon:

Is Wavex on his 2nd? or did he rebuild the first into the "2nd"? for all intensive purposes, i think you are the firs one to voluntarily move to a 2nd FZ.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
I got my '05 in July of '05 and have just over 14K on it. I didn't ride much last year - hope to change that.

W

wrightme43

I got my FZ on Apr 11th of 07 as of tonight it has 13675 miles on it, and thats with two and half months of no riding because of no gear. I hope to break 14000 by the 11th just to make it a nice round number.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I got my FZ on Apr 11th of 07 as of tonight it has 13675 miles on it, and thats with two and half months of no riding because of no gear. I hope to break 14000 by the 11th just to make it a nice round number.

If you are going for a nice round number........then go for 15K. Now that a nice round number!

NRA Life Member

Reaction score
Visit site
55,028 miles in the last 26 months and 7,374 miles just since Jan 1, 2008. Oh, and by the way that's on my GL1800 Goldwing. OK, OK, I know, I'm not an FZ6 rider so why am I here? My son is buying an FZ6 so we both dropped in on this forum to learn about them. He's buying a red '07 that our local dealer is dropping the price on.

NRA

Last edited:

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
The Missus had a silver FZ6 as her first bike, bought new in May '04. She wrote it off 53 weeks later with 36,000 miles on it's clock (and broke her collarbone doing it). She picked up a brand new black FZ6 in June '05 which she still has and has now put 55,000 miles on it.

Except for the TPS issues which are now fixed (she got through three replacements over two bikes) and some typical Yamaha corrosion she's had no trouble at all with it and the engine is still going stong.

feijoo69

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up my bike month ago... despite the cold weatehr i have put 400 miles on already!!! i cant wait for the warm weather, i'm in massachussetts and its was quite cold when i picked up mine!!!

2005 FZ6

:Sport:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I purchased my '07 "Blue Angel" November 21, 2007. I have about 1,200 now. I ride to work everyday if weather isn't threatening. I am just about to become a frequent flyer because the weather is starting to really be nice (actually, it already is) and I'm catching the fever.

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
Dont you have anywhere to ride to?

I've spend some time around those parts. Plenty o' opportunity. Vegas, take a ride through Valley of Fire. Or ride out to DV and test the top speed :thumbup: (just watch those whoop-de-doos)

Oh, and if you go to Valley of Fire, stop at the gas station / liquor store / fireworks shop / restaurant / convenience store (forget the name) and get some tacos. Best around!!

Oh yeah, to stay on topic... I got my brand new '06 in November '07. I've put 1300 miles on it. I've also put about 1k on my dual sport during that time (hey, i need something to ride when it's raining / snowing.)

edit --> I just realized that I was quoting and commenting on 9 month old conversation... oh well. Still have a taco at the gas station off the exit for Valley of Fire.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.