Help me pick a phone!

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok the iPhone thread gave me the kick i needed to start looking at phones.... however i'm a technology retard and know very little about 3g/4g, ghz etc... just that technologically advanced people (not me) like to talk about why there phone is better because of clocked times (???) and such...

Anyways the way i tend to pick phones is functionality (last 2 were "damage proof")-i'll look one over and if i like it i'll get it...

Anyways i've got a couple ideas rummaging around in my scarcely furnished head of mine...
Here's my list of "must haves" if you will:
-Would like to try out a smart phone
-Would like it to not be laggy as hell like my PoS Casio Brigade is...
-Would like it to have wi-fi hotspot tech
-Qwerty keyboard has grown on me with my Brigade but isn't essential...virtual would work too i guess
-Easy to operate (so my poor little brain doesn't get overwhelmed :D)
-Would like to stick to Verizon since they've got the best coverage near me

Anways at a quick glance here's what i've come up with
mot_droid_bionic.png

mot_droid3.png

apple_iphone_4s_white.png

Droid 3, Bionic and that new Iphone in the forementioned thread (the 4S)...
Anybody have one? How do you like it?
Own something that the tard posting for phone advice in a motorcycle forum didn't include in his short list? Tell me what ya use and how you like it!

Thanks ahead of time as always guys!

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Sonny ericsob xperia is what i have and seems to fit what ur looking for pretty well. Plus its cheeper then the others you have mentioned, i got it because of the multimedia capability/games

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You mentioned your wife has an iPad and you have no problem getting around it I would say go with the iPhone, it isn't much different other than it is smaller and you can call with it.:thumbup: Any one of them can end up with a shattered screen just make sure you get a rubber case for it. I have had my iPhone 4 since February and it has been dropped many times, I use the very thin case that is rubber on the sides and clear plastic on the back. It is very similar to this one, it is the same brand but slightly different.

Griffin - Reveal Hard Shell Case for Apple® iPhone® 4 - Black/Clear - GB02356

I would say the best thing would be for you to walk in and play with them and see which one you feel most comfortable using. The iPhone 4s won't be available in store until 10/14 at the earliest.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I love my iPad and iPhone 3GS. The iPhone is absolutely brilliant but not so much as a phone. I get a lot of problems with coverage, but that maybe my service provider.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use a recommend HTC Incredible S , amazing phone , simple to operate , shoots HD video , good battery life , fantastic 8mp camera , zero lag , never crashes , gorilla glass & runs the latest gingerbread OS :thumbup:

Better still , its not an iPhone :cheer: :rockon: :rockon:

Full Throttle

Reaction score
Visit site
I have Verizon and bought the Bionic two days after it came out. It's an amazing phone but wait a couple of weeks. Google with Samsung are releasing the new Nexus device which will be even faster than the Bionic. 4gLTE, dual core processor with a dual core graphics processor.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
Go to a store where they have all the mwntioned ones and see witch one picks you :)))
I'd go for iPhone thou

suter

Reaction score
Visit site
If you're not tech savvy pick what you find easiest to use. Good use interface, desktops that you like and find easy to navigate. Apps easy to use (if you're planning to use them). Do not go after which G or how many GHz if you don't know what they are.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Another thing to keep in mind is that most people who.hav smart phones cant/dont use 1/4 of their phones capabilities. What im getting at is ya the most expensive phones are friggin awsome but your paying for alot of stuff that more then likely you will never use or even figure out how to use.

jresch10

Sarcastic American
Reaction score
Visit site
Any of the three you picked would work fine on the Verizon network. The only real decision is Android vs. iPhone. They both have their strengths and weaknesses in my opinion, the strengths lean more toward the Android. Do your research and read the customer reviews for each device. See what the people who are actually using the device are saying.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have just been thinking about the limitations of our toys. For.me the one thing that lasts time in memorial. Is battery life.
My Nokia E72 battery lasted 3 days with all apps running. Friends have to charge their I jobs up mid shift.
My new HTC has about a 24 hour running time. I have just brought a higher spec battery and things have improved. I can also switch out the battery if I can't charge it. For me this is a big plus over other phones. If you use e-mail, gps and internet
your phone will eat the battery.
Good luck.
Nelly

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys! Hadn't considered battery life but thats a big one for me... my Brigade actually does this well, holds a battery for probably 3-4 weeks with normal use...

Thanks for the linky to the review site Nelly, Much appreciated!

Will have to look into the Phone samsung/google have coming, should be interesting :thumbup:

Guess i've got some research to do :D

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're not tech savvy pick what you find easiest to use. Good use interface, desktops that you like and find easy to navigate. Apps easy to use (if you're planning to use them). Do not go after which G or how many GHz if you don't know what they are.
Probably the best advice so far.
Nelly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys! Hadn't considered battery life but thats a big one for me... my Brigade actually does this well, holds a battery for probably 3-4 weeks with normal use...

Thanks for the linky to the review site Nelly, Much appreciated!

Will have to look into the Phone samsung/google have coming, should be interesting :thumbup:

Guess i've got some research to do :D
No worries mate,
I really miss the battery life of my old Nokia. If I am honest it does all I ever needed a phone to do. You will not get a smart phone to go any where near you current phones battery life.
I tried I-Bone and loved the intuitive layout but hated the poor battery performance and call quality.
Now using HTC, and unless Nokia switch to Android I will be staying put.
In a nutshell, for me a Nokia E72 using android would be all I ever need.

Nelly

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
No worries mate,
I really miss the battery life of my old Nokia. If I am honest it does all I ever needed a phone to do. You will not get a smart phone to go any where near you current phones battery life.
I tried I-Bone and loved the intuitive layout but hated the poor battery performance and call quality.
Now using HTC, and unless Nokia switch to Android I will be staying put.
In a nutshell, for me a Nokia E72 using android would be all I ever need.

Nelly

I figured i wouldn't get anywhere near the battery life of my tard-phone... i expect in order for a smart phone to be what it is it's gotta use way more energy than my basic Casio lol

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I figured i wouldn't get anywhere near the battery life of my tard-phone... i expect in order for a smart phone to be what it is it's gotta use way more energy than my basic Casio lol
Its funny the toys move on but the limiting factor is always the battery. I got a RC car for x-mas as a young child. It was a really fun 10 minutes while the batteries lasted lol.

Nelly