Help me find the best helmet

W

wrightme43

Yes that is why I got a shark helmet, and a suomy helmet. If I had a big head I dont think it would matter as much.

W

wrightme43

It tested very well, but more than that, they pull helmets off the line to test them as well.

Azarias

Reaction score
Visit site
I also read that article before purchasing my second helmet.
I think it also states that all the helmets are more than safe enough for us.

I decided that any quality helmet is going to give me good protection. I then went to local shops to try out some of those various brands. I learned real fast that it all comes down to comfort! Those high scoring cheap helmets all
felt like a cheap helmet. Everything about them just sucked.

I dont care how they score in some test, if they arent comfortable then i aint wearing em!

My Arai is comfortable, quieter, well ventilated, and just plain works better for me. I will never ever go helmet bargain hunting again...

MVent

Reaction score
Visit site
Suomy's FAQ section addresses the SNELL argument as well. I'm actually looking at it right now.

I was planning on getting a Shoei helmet but now I don't know. I really liked how the RF-1000 I tried on felt.

W

wrightme43

Less Gs of brain acceleration is best spread over the longest possible time. Snell is changing thier testing for the 2010 models to require less Gs than now. And using a lighter head form for medium and smaller helmets. The new Snell cert will be better than the one they use today. I am not against Snell at all, I just believe I am more likely to have the mean avg accident (head hitting less than 7ft drop, or less than 25 mph or only one big impact to the helmet. If someone else feels they are more likely to recieve multiple same place impacts, resulting in a object intruding into the helmet that Snell would be the way to go.
Just my opinion though of course.

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
Akuma Akuma Akuma Akuma Akuma Akuma Akuma <Trips> ..... ..... ..... <Gets Up>
Akuma Akuma Akuma Akuma Akuma <Shotgun Blast> ..... ..... .....
Akuma Akuma Akuma!

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
Just because a helmet was voted the best or has certain approval ratings doesn't mean it performs the best under actual crash conditions and that's what I want to know about. A while back Snell was fuming over an article that was done by Motorcyclist and this really opened up some eyes relative to the so called cheaper helmets that actually performed as well or in some cases better than helmets twice their cost. Here is that article.

FIRST LINK: Akuma saved my life.

Akuma Helmets Official Website

SECOND LINK: Riders for Akuma

Akuma Helmets Official Website

-Check out Jennifer Robertson; the fastest woman rider in the world!! She's faster than YOU!!

-AKUMA is the best. End of story. They were voted the best, ranked the best, worn by the best and look that best.

<Grabs a bib and drools all over it>

Best. Bethst. Besssst. Bteh. Beth. Best. AKUMA!

I can get you one for $350 US. Take your pick.

Last edited:
H

HavBlue

-Check out Jennifer Robertson; the fastest woman rider in the world!! She's faster than YOU!!

OK, lets check out Jennifer Robertson. Nope, she don't even ride a motorcycle because she is a Canadian Actress and writer. However, there is a woman by the name of Susan Robertson that set a record at Bonneville of 205.965 on a Busa but it would appear she likes Shoei.... Maybe I should buy a Shoei because she wears one....

zacknolden

Reaction score
Visit site
"Perryn also posted a helmet review PDF"
I have not been able to find that post I did a search under perryn I am not finding it . thank you so far on your input . A guy at work has a 2 year old shoei RF1000 worn 15 times w/pic of dragon wants
200.00 usd never droped .
Also head size is Medium
steve thanks for info about motorcyclist i will check that out ! I had never heard of the Shark RSR2 looks like a very nice brain bucket, kevlar lined very nice .
Dead bugs jumping around on my bald head might not be good .. LOL
Please keep the input comming
If anyone can find the link to perryn`s post, please post here
Thanks Greg A.

Where could this file possibly be? Perryn also posted a helmet review PDF...:rtfm:

8secondjen

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, lets check out Jennifer Robertson. Nope, she don't even ride a motorcycle because she is a Canadian Actress and writer. However, there is a woman by the name of Susan Robertson that set a record at Bonneville of 205.965 on a Busa but it would appear she likes Shoei.... Maybe I should buy a Shoei because she wears one....

OK...I realize this thread has been dead for awhile, but I really have no reason to be on an FZ6 forum (since I don't own one) so I'm guessing it's understandable that I haven't found it till now. I know it's shocking, but I'm Jennifer Robertson and I'm not a Canadian Actress! Wow, there's more than one Jennifer Robertson on this planet...imagine that! This may be another shock, but I've been 222.555MPH on a Suzuki Hayabusa at the TX Mile. I am the fastest female to ever go down the TX Mile...although not the fastest in the world. Trillium Murr from Canada holds that title at Maxton (239MPH). Her bike has over 200 more HP than mine. We are the fastest 2 women in the world in the standing mile on a motorcycle. There is another woman, Leslie Porterfield (who's bike also has about 200 more HP than mine), who has gone 234MPH at Bonneville, however she was unable to reproduce that speed yet in only a mile (although I believe she can and will). There's also a lady named Debbie who's been 212MPH. Oh yeah...and there's Susan Robertson, but you already know about her. So anyways...pick whatever helmet you want, I'll be wearing my Akuma...you better hope you never have to line up against me!:)

jenniferrobertsonracing.com

Last edited: