Handlebars are not straight! ???

MarkG813

Reaction score
Visit site
Went for a ride a couple days ago, noticed that while riding in a straight line, the handlebars seems to be turned to the right a bit. I didn't have this problem the ride before, and the roads i've been riding on are fairly decent so i don't think i have bent my forks... Any suggestions?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you have the rear tire off or adjust your chain?? If the rear tire is pointed astray you have to correct for it by steering the opposite direction.

Now I've never heard of belt or cord slipping in bike tire but in cheap auto tires, they do go bad and make a car pull. Maybe you hit a pot hole?

A good string align of the rear will help things regardless. I hate to mention the last option, any chance someone knocked the bike over and sat it back up? Maybe a little tweak of the bars? idk

MarkG813

Reaction score
Visit site
That could definately be the issue, I just did a -1/+2 520 conversion.... I'll check to see if I may have it out of adjustment still.

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Forget the detailed analysis from the other replies... Your forks are probably a bit tweaked, that's all... Mine was the same way out of the crate... (to the right)... Loosen the bolts (make sure it in on the centre stand) holding the forks and triple tree and straighten things out... That's all there is to it

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site