GoPro Hero2

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good man. You mind taking a still shot to show us what it looks like mounted under there better?

I definitely like that, but I don't think I can pull it off since I have the naked headlight style, haha. I'm going to have to come up with something good though.

Did anyone watch the video from the ram-mount link in the post I put above? Thoughts?

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Looks good man. You mind taking a still shot to show us what it looks like mounted under there better?

I definitely like that, but I don't think I can pull it off since I have the naked headlight style, haha. I'm going to have to come up with something good though.

Did anyone watch the video from the ram-mount link in the post I put above? Thoughts?

Here are some pics of the mount and the camera. I will probably clean up the mount a little, this was just to see if I'd like it. Remember, the part that is screwed to the bike is the piece the camera is attached to in the GoPro box.

Edit on 5-11-13 to show clearance..

2006 Yamaha FZ6 with a GoPro Hero 2 mounted under the headlights. The clearance between the lowest point on the GoPro and and fender is about 3.75 inches. I compressed the front as much as I could while sitting in the driveway to illustrate the clearance you'd have between the camera and fender. I believe the front end would probably compress more under hard braking, but how much more I really don't know It felt like it was almost hitting a stop when I bounced on the front while holing the brakes (in this video).

Hope this helps...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSEUkTqS4xM&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
For you guys who did it on the swingarm -- did you just use a sticky pad? I think it would be a cool video, I'm just scared of the damn thing falling off.

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a video from this last weekends trip.

2012.03.17 - Joplin Road - YouTube

I let youtube stabilize the video...I'm not sure if I will do that again. I feel like quality didn't quite come out like I wanted it. Camera was on 1080p suction cupped to the tank.

Need to figure out somewhere better to mount this thing obviously....based on the GoPro website I know it's capable of some better video.

Right after this video cuts off, the rider behind me (on a hayabusa, 15 years riding experience) nailed some gravel and went off his bike. Messed up T1-T4 and ripped some muscles. We are obviously not doing anything too crazy -- he fell at only 30mph. Cops did him a favor and called in a heli-vac so he would go to the best hospital in VA instead of the local one and didn't give him any tickets or anything. They said that the only reason more didn't get messed up was because he was wearing full gear (full leathers, Shoei RF-1100).

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a picture of the Cherry Blossoms in full bloom in Arlington, VA. The view around the tidal basin is a lot better, but I haven't been able to make it into DC yet....

Almost makes going to work in the morning worth it. ALMOST.

295164_764896170099_31803909_35723457_2078378562_n.jpg

motogp6r

Reaction score
Visit site
i got my go pro a while back and decided it would be a good idea not to use the adhesive mounts on my helmet. let me show you why they suggest using the curved adhesive mounts on your helmet.... FFW to 11:00

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjnElMXfkO0"]Yamaha Racing Baltimore twisties with helmet mount fail - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

motogp6r

Reaction score
Visit site
i got my go pro a while back and decided it would be a good idea not to use the adhesive mounts on my helmet. let me show you why they suggest using the curved adhesive mounts on your helmet....here is the after math of the fail...

picture.php

Last edited:

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Glad it wasn't hurt too bad.

Wanna hear something really stupid? When it hit the ground and rolled in the grass my first thought was, "Damn, I hope he finds it, that would really suck if it was lost!."

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
Guys, I just got myself a GoPro Hero HD cam and looking for a mount. I'm not sure if I should get the handlebar mount or the roll bar mount. I don't know if I could mount it on my bars because I have a windscreen on my FZ6N and might block the view. Was thinking on mounting it on the upper part of the shock.
Regarding video software for editing I just found a cool thing. If filming in 60 fps you could use Twixtor plug-in for After Effects to slow down to 1000 fps. There might be some artefacts but the general effect is real nice. Here's a link with the outcome, even if it's snowboarding you get the idea.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcFGmr-QpC0]Twixtor Slow Mo + Gopro HD 60fps Snowboarding! - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

fazed_ya

Reaction score
Visit site
I took my Newfoundland pup swimming yesterday and used the gopro pretty awesome.