Going to Florida with Trinity.

W

wrightme43

Hopefully we will be leaving on monday afternoon for Florida. Going to visit my friend in Baker near Destin. Trin has been very good, keeps saying she wants to go see the ocean. So by jimmy we will. Justin and Meg have a extra R6 to ride for me, he has a Gsxr 1000 too. So we will get some ride time, some ocean time, some fishing time, bbq time, and it will be fun.

Its cheaper by 140$ to rent a car and drive it with fuel, than to drive my truck so nissan versa or kia rio it is. I have it reserved already. WoooT!!!
Trin starts school tuesday, we will be back sunday night.Its going to be fun. :rockon:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You deserve a break, have fun. The beaches around Destin are great. White sand, great beaches, although they did get hit pretty hard from the hurricane a while back. Probably recovered by now, shouldn't see too much of the aftermath. So Trinity has never seen the ocean? Wow. Technically, the Gulf isn't one of the oceans, but close enough I guess. Still big waves, salty water, big enough to get sea sick.

Renting cars are fun. You can abuse the crap out of it. I'll never buy a used rental car, because I know there are a bunch of people such as myself who drive it to the ground. One time while I was out on tour, I rented a car, got to the gig, got out, and some guy sais "That has to be a rental" because the guy saw the way I drove it in. Hard turns, screaching tires.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Have fun, man. I bet Trin will find some interesting sea shells and maybe even some rocks for the collection. How long is the ride for yoU?

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have a great time Steve. Beautiful beaches along the gulf coast, stayed in Pensecola beach and Panama city during a couple of trips to the US and had a great time.
I'm sure you and Trin will enjoy yourselves.
Have fun and post lots of pics.

W

wrightme43

Its about 8 hours according to google. I will roll out though so it should be less.

Lunch trays huh? Sounds like fun. A gallon of bleach works well too. LOL

I am sure we will find some cool shells and rocks.

The other day I bought her a big chunk of fossilised dinosaur poop! LOL she loves it. We got all kinds of stuff now. Even a huge chunk of garnet.

W

wrightme43

WOOOOT!!!

Hell yeahs.

I being a cheap skinflint sorta dude, searched around for coupon codes to the rental car company.

I got a Nissan Versa, for one full week taxs and everything for $143.45. He he he he he. LOL 1600 miles should burn up around 47 gallons of fuel at 3.86 for $181 in fuel.

$324 vs driving my huge stupid truck at 12.5 mpg. Burning 128 gallons of fuel for $494. That saves enough money to go on a day trip half snorkeling, half dolphin watching with Trin and food for a whole day, and other stuff. I found a coupon for a little of the snorkel and dolphin trip for the both of us its only going to be $48 drinks provided, no food though.

OH HELL YEAHS!!!!! I am so freaking excited. I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams. Well and truely blessed to be able to take her and share how happy she is going to be.

If you dont have little ones, its hard to describe the feeling when they laugh, and smile at you. She is such a good little girl. We have been broke and waiting to be paid for a long time. Money has been pretty tight. The only treats I have been able to give her were things like a ice cream, and just a doll for her birthday. She didnt get offended or whine at me, because I couldnt do or give her what she wanted for while. She would even get the cheap ice cream sandwich that was only .89c

I have been researching adopting her. I dont know how her Mom will react, but she has spent all of her life with me already except for a few weeks. I get $15 a week child support, and she went to jail for not paying that. I hope she says yes, I wont fight her to adopt Trin, but I would really like to. Her dads rights have been permanently terminated already.

I am so freaking happy, I could bounce off the walls. LOL LOL WOOOT!!

J

jsteinb95

It's only fair that you adopt her!!! I wish you luck with that.

You and Trin are gonna have so much fun. The Nissan is definitely the way to go!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a great idea, Children looooooooove the beech and the sea; there is nothing like eating on a beech. All that sand in your sandwiches lol.
I had a KIA Rio, its no BMW but it will have air con, airbags, CD and a big enough boot to put all your gear in. It will also wheel spin in first gear as long as you have your foot down to keep it bouncing on the limiter.
Have a great time.

W

wrightme43

Sounds like a great idea, Children looooooooove the beech and the sea; there is nothing like eating on a beech. All that sand in your sandwiches lol.
I had a KIA Rio, its no BMW but it will have air con, airbags, CD and a big enough boot to put all your gear in. It will also wheel spin in first gear as long as you have your foot down to keep it bouncing on the limiter.
Have a great time.

It better have a rev limiter. Poor thing.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WOOOOT!!!

Hell yeahs.

I being a cheap skinflint sorta dude, searched around for coupon codes to the rental car company.

I got a Nissan Versa, for one full week taxs and everything for $143.45. He he he he he. LOL 1600 miles should burn up around 47 gallons of fuel at 3.86 for $181 in fuel.......

Gotta love those coupon books, me and wife got loads of savings, especially using the coupon books from the welcome centre's. You're not a skintflint Steve but you can better use that money for nice things for Trin and yourself to make your holiday all the more memorable, I call that good thinking :thumbup:

OH HELL YEAHS!!!!! I am so freaking excited. I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams. Well and truely blessed to be able to take her and share how happy she is going to be.

If you dont have little ones, its hard to describe the feeling when they laugh, and smile at you. .........!!

I know exactly what you mean, it's priceless.

I have been researching adopting her. I dont know how her Mom will react, but she has spent all of her life with me already except for a few weeks. I get $15 a week child support, and she went to jail for not paying that. I hope she says yes, I wont fight her to adopt Trin, but I would really like to......

Good luck on the adoption Steve, I hope it all goes smoothly.
Have fun:cheer::cheer::cheer:

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
Have a great time, sounds like you need it. I hope everything else starts to get brighter for you as well. It sounds like you have a great attitude, and that will get you through a lot of the tough things in life.

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
hope you have a great trip....

------------
when you get back you need to work on that truck

I have a full sized F150 super crew and get 16.5 mpg towing my pop up trailer (+/- 3000 lbs) in the mountains

12.5mpg is SICK

have a GREAT time