FZ6 New Tires needed, how to remove, first timer 10k miles

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A knee against the tire usually does the trick but some taps never hurt. JUST DON'T push it off the center stand!

Like I said above, sticking 2X4" under the tire allows you to tighten the nut too without lifting the nose off the ground.

Ital

Reaction score
Visit site
Quick update on the Pirelli Angel GT, they only have about 200 miles now, but compare to the stock Dunlops that were on the bike, these feel smoother and the bike seems to lean a bit easier.
I think they are a bit quieter which for me at least inspires more confidence. I definitely am able to take corners a bit faster with these without feeling I might slide out.
That said my stock tires were in bad shape so its not a fair comparison, but the Pirelli feel good. I just hope they will last 10k+ miles :)

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ahhhh, that happy feeling when you get new tires.

It always makes me wonder why I kept those old ones on till the threads were showing.

Oh, that's right, it's cause I'm a miserly bugger.

Last edited:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Quick update on the Pirelli Angel GT, they only have about 200 miles now, but compare to the stock Dunlops that were on the bike, these feel smoother and the bike seems to lean a bit easier.
I think they are a bit quieter which for me at least inspires more confidence. I definitely am able to take corners a bit faster with these without feeling I might slide out.
That said my stock tires were in bad shape so its not a fair comparison, but the Pirelli feel good. I just hope they will last 10k+ miles :)

Angel GT's are an excellent choice. I put 8k miles on them by the time I sold my bike. No exaggeration they looked about 50% worn.. easily could have got another 2 seasons out of them. Great stick in corners and decent in the rain.
I would buy them again. Happy trails