Getting handling under control for the bike

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My wife is simply the best.... She got me these on order for my FZ1.

Penske 8983 double adjustable with remote reservoir
attachment.php

And Racetech 1.0 kg springs to firm up the forks on the bike.

attachment.php

The FZ1 will be firmly planted when I hit the roads this year. Michele is the best! :cheer: :rockon:

For her bike, she got the Two Bros Black Series CF slip-on, Evotech Exhaust hanger and a new Top Saddlery seat set for her bike.
m2v-14-CF.jpg

As of this past weekend, here is how the two FZ1 rides look (and differ).

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
One of the best looking bikes ever made. I like the chin fairing. Is that a Yamaha chin?

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
nice pieces of kit for sure (the shocks and the bike!)
what a lovely wife!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You are a lucky man! I sense more upgrades for my bike soon, just not sure what yet... maybe if i hit the lottery or something i will upgrade to your bike then start from there :)

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One of the best looking bikes ever made. I like the chin fairing. Is that a Yamaha chin?

Yup. That is the OEM Yamaha cowl and the stickers are from the FZ6 member here in the UK... what was his name? Is he still here and making these?

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You are a lucky man! I sense more upgrades for my bike soon, just not sure what yet... maybe if i hit the lottery or something i will upgrade to your bike then start from there :)

Rob, there's a lot of great deals on used FZ1 bikes out there. You can catch a Gen II for around $5k with decent mods. If you sell the 6, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to get into the 1. Michele got hers for under $5k.

Yes, I am one lucky man to have a wife like her. I'm so glad i got her into motorcycling and all the way up to the FZ1 now. Rob, you are also lucky to have a wife who also is into the bikes and even does track days too. ;)

There are days where Michele is more enthusiastic about hitting the roads than I am. Love those days!! :thumbup: :rockon:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yesterday she installed her exhaust with my only guiding her. She removed the EXUP cables and blocked the AIS then put it back together. We also put in a ciggy power socket for GPS/phone, etc... Here's a video of her with the finished CF can install. She did a GREAT job! I have an entire thread and pictorial on the sister site if you're interested.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HUKcllSAaM]FZ1 Two Brothers Black Series Carbon Fiber slip-on - YouTube[/ame]

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
Yesterday she installed her exhaust with my only guiding her. She removed the EXUP cables and blocked the AIS then put it back together. We also put in a ciggy power socket for GPS/phone, etc... Here's a video of her with the finished CF can install. She did a GREAT job! I have an entire thread and pictorial on the sister site if you're interested.

FZ1 Two Brothers Black Series Carbon Fiber slip-on - YouTube

Can your wife visit for a week or so and teach my girl all this awesome stuff. One lucky dude right there!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My S.O. doesn't even know my pants size... :(

and... (pssst)... (you both should look into some Fender Eliminators...) ;)

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Eric, how does Michelle like those tires? I have the same on my bike and the rear is closing in on 12k miles, the damn thing will not go away, i am curious if it is normal, I like the longevity of them, but after my tumble last year i am looking into anything that i can do to avoid the same thing, and new tires are on the docket this year as my front is about toast.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to see her doing some of her own mods :) There is nothing like taking care of your own stuff! I can now say that confidently. Hope we can get together soon for a rip.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Eric, how does Michelle like those tires? I have the same on my bike and the rear is closing in on 12k miles, the damn thing will not go away, i am curious if it is normal, I like the longevity of them, but after my tumble last year i am looking into anything that i can do to avoid the same thing, and new tires are on the docket this year as my front is about toast.

They are very long life tires and are great for touring but suck in cornering. Well, suck at getting to optimal lean angle. Those were on my bike and she had the Pilot Powers. She had black wheels and I had the goldish wheels. I saw how well the swap would be so I swapped wheels and tires. The colors fit our themes better AND the tires fit our riding styles better. She's only got a few miles on those Shinkos. I put about 2500 miles on them and they are not showing any wear that I can see. They worked very well in the rain but because of that flatter profile, they are hard to get leaned over.

Given the amount of commuter miles you do, I'd go with the PR2 or 3. The PR3s are supposed to be the cream of the crop for all around use and wear and the absolute best in the rain. That will be my next set. :thumbup:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My S.O. doesn't even know my pants size... :(

and... (pssst)... (you both should look into some Fender Eliminators...) ;)

:D Yes, I agree. Mine will be fine but her bike is lowered so much I'm worried about the plate catching the wheel.

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ1s sound quite different than the 6's, don't they?

I love the his and hers bikes - very nice!! :thumbup:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For a smaller woman, she does a fine job with the FZ1. ;) Yes, she is VERY happy with the new can but even happier that she accomplished this pretty much on her own. As am I!

How great is it to have a wife that not only rides but wrenches too?!? Right Rob??? :thumbup:

Just waiting for her new TS seats and my suspension parts to come in. :D