Getting handling under control for the bike

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dang I love it!!! Now the busted knuckle garage comes with two hands on owners! I'll be bringing my 6 down so you guys can Fab up some side covers for my boz pipe. Lol way to go can't wait to her them sing in stereo! Eric.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My S.O. doesn't even know my pants size... :(

and... (pssst)... (you both should look into some Fender Eliminators...) ;)

Ok Botch... convinced. I ordered two of these tonight. Evotech FE kits from the UK.

prod_5077_bare_1.jpg

Part5077.jpg

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dang I love it!!! Now the busted knuckle garage comes with two hands on owners! I'll be bringing my 6 down so you guys can Fab up some side covers for my boz pipe. Lol way to go can't wait to her them sing in stereo! Eric.

Time to make the trip down Eric! The tool bin has expanded. We have a new welder and huge air compressor. Fork seal driver in 43 mm style. A lot of other specialty tools.

Rob and Keira have to come over so let's make it a small meet and mod here.

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine will be out if storage in a little while so I'm up for that! Thanks!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a GSXR shock in a box that I am putting off so I can start riding.

Maybe I'll bungee it down on our trip :) That should be a little intense wrenching for everyone.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a GSXR shock in a box that I am putting off so I can start riding.

Maybe I'll bungee it down on our trip :) That should be a little intense wrenching for everyone.

Is that a direct bolt-on or does anything need to be modified to fit it? We'll do it! Bring it Keira!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Also ordered HEL brake lines for both bikes. She and I got custom colors. So another mod coming in the mail. ;) The big one is the forks and fitting the new springs.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We'll make it fit! :D No worries! I have a dremel and duct tape. ;)

Racetech springs are here. Waiting for the brake lines, rear shock, FE kits.... Soon?

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
My bike is out of the basement, battery is charged. Rob's had his first ride of the season, mine could be tomorrow, but definitely taking it up north for our anniversary weekend (5 years, woot!!). We're good to go, just need notice for babysitting and a day off work.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My bike is out of the basement, battery is charged. Rob's had his first ride of the season, mine could be tomorrow, but definitely taking it up north for our anniversary weekend (5 years, woot!!). We're good to go, just need notice for babysitting and a day off work.

What? No babyseat on the SV? ;) We've done our third day of riding but I know the road you need to get in and out of probably isn't in the best of shape or is it? I have some work to do in the garage to get ready and I should have all the stuff here in about a week to 10 days so we can plan for a weekend coming up? What works better? Sat or Sun? We're open for Sundays but Saturdays can be sketchy. Let me know. :D

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, when would Rob, Keira and Eric like to come over to the Busted Knuckle? I'm almost ready to do the forks on the FZ1. I'm going to install the Penske on Saturday along with the HEL brake lines. It's Man Cave day because my wife and daughter will be having a day out at the spa and shopping. Anyone is welcome to come over Saturday even if you just want to visit and chat.

But we need to set up a date for the forks. I'll need extra hands for this. ;)

xxStephenxx

Reaction score
Visit site
So, when would Rob, Keira and Eric like to come over to the Busted Knuckle? I'm almost ready to do the forks on the FZ1. I'm going to install the Penske on Saturday along with the HEL brake lines. It's Man Cave day because my wife and daughter will be having a day out at the spa and shopping. Anyone is welcome to come over Saturday even if you just want to visit and chat.

But we need to set up a date for the forks. I'll need extra hands for this. ;)

Dang, I live in the wrong Dover. sounds like a cool group of people who I could learn a lot from. I'm a total noob at the bike scene (just bought my first bike saturday), but want to learn as much as possible.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dang, I live in the wrong Dover. sounds like a cool group of people who I could learn a lot from. I'm a total noob at the bike scene (just bought my first bike saturday), but want to learn as much as possible.

The good news is that there's plenty of DIY threads and How-To's both here and on Youtube. ;) Plus, this is an excellent group of people who are more than willing to help out when you have questions. Yes, if you were closer, you'd be able to come and experience mod days first hand OR have us guide you through the work so you know how to do it.

The hardest part for anyone new to wrenching a bike? Torque. Too many times I've heard of people stripping the threads or breaking bolts. Most parts of the bike are aluminum... very soft metal. Get them snug then use a proper torque wrench to set the bolt to spec and no more. ;) Once you get that down, the rest is easy!