Mods:
Secca 8 Composite mirrors
OES Accessories Frame savers
FZ6N kit nubz shop
Pazzo racing levers Blue w/black adjusters
Annodized blue bar ends with carbon fiber inserts
Black and Blue grips by progrip
Smoke led sequential taillight
TWO BROTHERS RACING M2 Black series carbon fiber cans with blue torx bolts in end cap
Matte black paint with blue vynle

Removed front fender, fairings and wind screen around nubzs headlight
Soon to come semi gloss shot on everything black layered blue graphics on tank and tail not just cheap vynl blue strip full system exhaust whenever two bros starts making it juicebox pro two bros air filter and chop tail section by about 10inchs

Hope you enjoy the pics of my work in progress

Last edited:

SteelRain

Reaction score
Visit site
Heres the rest if any of you guys have any instructions on how to post just the really big pictures thatd be great but these thumbnail will have to do for now

yanek

Reaction score
Visit site
amazing...
that is what i would like to do .... WOW...

I LOVE IT...

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great!! ..

Do you like the mirrors... and where did you get them?

I removed my stock mirrors for bar ends and I sure miss the stock for function but I love the bar end look. Yours look like a nice compromise.

SteelRain

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not quite sure how to quote people but to Yanek and stryken thanks a lot! It's always good to get approval from your fellow biker buds!

Stryken here's the link for the mirrors theyre seca 8 composite mirrors $80 not including shipping
Seca 8 Composite Mirrors - Motostrano.com
I love them and they really do take a beating like the description says. I lost one doing 80 down the highway walked a 2 mile stretch of ditch for about 2.5 hours found it and was barely nicked from where it hit the pavement still using her today lol What barends you got I was toying with the idea of them but couldn't pull the trigger I love the carbon w/blue barends I got now.

Fpd262 The smoke taillight I have has integrated turn signals. As far as the fronts go it isn't always convienient not having them I thought about trying some flushmounts on the frame somewhere. To me the headlight looks way to sweet to have fairings and turn signals bulking it up. I love the look of it soooo much better without the front fender on. Honestly it doesn't throw rocks or loose dirt anymore than it does with the fender on. Thanks for the feed back guys

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
That exposed front brake line worries me. Without the fender there, I would think it's more prone to cuts and abrasions from stuff coming off the tire. Maybe a set of SS lines would be better?

SteelRain

Reaction score
Visit site
dPaul007 The Same thing occured to me, I've been keeping an eye on it since i've had the fender off, nothing yet and ive had it off for almost a month and a half. The SS lines your talking about do those have the braided steel around the line?

SteelRain

Reaction score
Visit site
That exposed front brake line worries me. Without the fender there, I would think it's more prone to cuts and abrasions from stuff coming off the tire. Maybe a set of SS lines would be better?

Like i said before it doesn't sling debris anymore than it did before. Although the same thing occured to me so I've been keeping an eye on it since I've had the fender off, nothing yet and ive had it off for almost a month and a half. The SS lines your talking about do those have the braided steel around the line?

Too bad i didn't get a hold of you sooner my mom and sister live in north mankato and Ive been heading up there to visit them and talk with the army recruiter in the mall for almost five months now. I'm shipping out in two weeks unfortunately

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Like i said before it doesn't sling debris anymore than it did before. Although the same thing occured to me so I've been keeping an eye on it since I've had the fender off, nothing yet and ive had it off for almost a month and a half. The SS lines your talking about do those have the braided steel around the line?

Too bad i didn't get a hold of you sooner my mom and sister live in north mankato and Ive been heading up there to visit them and talk with the army recruiter in the mall for almost five months now. I'm shipping out in two weeks unfortunately

Yes, I meant braided stainless steel lines.

And that would have been cool, I'm in Mankato/N. Mankato everyday for work. Oh well, thanks for enlisting to protect our country!

SteelRain

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, I meant braided stainless steel lines.

And that would have been cool, I'm in Mankato/N. Mankato everyday for work. Oh well, thanks for enlisting to protect our country!

If im ever in the area I'll keep an eye out for another fz6 lol and no problem appreciate the support got four years and a tour in iraq with the guards figured I'd give full time a shot! you got a thread on here with your bike build or list of mods?

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
If im ever in the area I'll keep an eye out for another fz6 lol and no problem appreciate the support got four years and a tour in iraq with the guards figured I'd give full time a shot! you got a thread on here with your bike build or list of mods?

I never started a thread about my bike, nor is it converted to a streetfighter. But if you look in my garage, you can see pics and the mods on it.

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not quite sure how to quote people but to Yanek and stryken thanks a lot! It's always good to get approval from your fellow biker buds!

Stryken here's the link for the mirrors theyre seca 8 composite mirrors $80 not including shipping
Seca 8 Composite Mirrors - Motostrano.com
I love them and they really do take a beating like the description says. I lost one doing 80 down the highway walked a 2 mile stretch of ditch for about 2.5 hours found it and was barely nicked from where it hit the pavement still using her today lol What barends you got I was toying with the idea of them but couldn't pull the trigger I love the carbon w/blue barends I got now.

Fpd262 The smoke taillight I have has integrated turn signals. As far as the fronts go it isn't always convienient not having them I thought about trying some flushmounts on the frame somewhere. To me the headlight looks way to sweet to have fairings and turn signals bulking it up. I love the look of it soooo much better without the front fender on. Honestly it doesn't throw rocks or loose dirt anymore than it does with the fender on. Thanks for the feed back guys

This is the bar end mirrors I have. Quality is pretty good, only complaint is that you really have to crank the screw to get them to tighten up inside the bar. I love the looks but it is hard to judge distance with them because of the convex mirror.

YAMAHA YZF R6 R1 R6S FZ6 FZ1 FAZER CNC BAR END MIRROR | eBay

SteelRain

Reaction score
Visit site
This is the bar end mirrors I have. Quality is pretty good, only complaint is that you really have to crank the screw to get them to tighten up inside the bar. I love the looks but it is hard to judge distance with them because of the convex mirror.

YAMAHA YZF R6 R1 R6S FZ6 FZ1 FAZER CNC BAR END MIRROR | eBay

I don't have a problem with judging distance with mine I like the idea of bar ends but I like the more jagged angular cut thats the main reason i settled for the ones I got now if they made barends with the same shape mirror that angled inward over the grips or something I might consider those but I'm not a huge fan of the circle mirrors.

Think the next project for the bike is full system rap for exhaust and a tail swap not sure what tail I wanna use yet tho!

SteelRain

Reaction score
Visit site
Well ive been gone for awhile and I decided to come back with a vengeance since I was last on here I modded my nubz head light modded the airbox sprocket swap underglow (tastefully done) and blue chain hope yall enjoy

SteelRain

Reaction score
Visit site
Headlight needs the lens put back on it, or maybe a paintball mask! :D

Main reason I didn't is because it was a bitch getting it apart and I ****ed up the plastic groove it seated into so I trimmed everything with a dremel plus the projector wasn't nearly tight enough with the housing to prevent fogging on the lens and I kinda like the way it looks like this. I have yet to see any one anywhere with a headlight like this I might throw my army gas mask on there and going for a ride some time haha

samlynn37

Reaction score
Visit site
great looking bike!!
did my conversion back in 2010, well, a big part of it at least.. finally got it all "done" last year just before the season. and every since, i have been thinking to redo all my wiring job in the front.
how did you do yours?? did you do yours so "they all work"?? or did you do them nice and tidy?? i started to redo all my wiring in the front, and here is my advice.. dont cheap out on parts!! i am redoing all the butt connectors i put in 3 years ago cuz i used the cheapo type, the non-shrinking type.. so how did you do yours??? here is my bike..