Two Brothers

Chapin

Reaction score
Visit site
So after years and years I'm finally going to take the plunge and get a set of Two Brothers soon. Got some questions first though...
I know they come with a F/E kit. I'm not interested in their F/E kit as I already have one installed with Oxford turn signals (back and front) and the turn signals are hooked up to work with my Motodynamics light. My F/E kit is attached to the 2 main bolts. That shouldn't be a problem, right?
Next question is about the power commander. I'm not planning on getting one this year, maybe next, already spending enough on the exhaust. Is the bike going to sound weird/backfire all the time/stall or destroy the engine if I dont have the power commander? Its fine with me if I'm not getting that extra 1-2hp the power commander would get me. I read (on Revzilla) that if your just getting the slip on you dont need the Power Commander, but if you get the whole system (with headers) installed you should probably have the PC.
Next question. I have a 2008. Is there any kind of Two Bros to avoid? I'm getting these- Two Brothers Racing, add an item to your shopping cart: Yamaha FZ6 (2004-09) Dual Black Series M-2 Carbon Fiber canisters 005-1170407-B
Any and all information would be appreciated :)
Thanks guys.

Last edited:

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
No need for a PC. The bike will run fine. Not sure about the FE kit, though I have a set of Scorpion pipes and I'm using a separate FE kit with no issues.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you getting a cat delete pipe or no? The cans wide open with cat delete do lean it out some. Grab the P1X tips and you're good.
You wont be missing much by using your FE as the TB is pretty lame. That said there is a large U shaped bracket that ties the pods together (OEM) that doesn't fit under the cans. I cut the bracket leaving only the section with the bolts that secure the pods to the chassis. It's in my build thread.
Last little bit. Grab some 0.100" - 0.120" SS wire and run from under the seat between the cans to the FE so its stable. You'll see once assembled. It will form a triangle and enforce the FE so it doesnt shake when going down the road...

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wasn't planning on getting the cat delete pipe.

^^ You should be fine!

This is what I'm talking on about on the brackets.
Hack this down to these and reuse them to secure the side pods. Then attach a SS wire from the center of the TT to under the seat and it won't act like a spring anymore and you have something to keep your wires off the exhaust.
Note: picture on left is just to show the bracket and what it used to look like.

1SSC_5071(oldvsnew)1.jpgIMG_20140322_162003_Tail Tidy1.jpg

To be installed once powder coated black. Its one piece and should do the trick. 0.125" aluminum.
IMG_20150908_165018_064.jpg

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The only thing I would add is the two bolts that hold the original "U" shaped bracket are Phillips Heads and are reknowned for being a bit soft and difficult to undo without butchering them.
I found a good "whack" on an impact driver, lossened them nicely with out damage- replace with s/steel hex head or unbrako, gives a nice clean look and much easier to undo next time with out slippage

Chapin

Reaction score
Visit site
Question for two brothers owners. I had my slip on installed today. When I got home noticed that it was spitting out something (very little) I don't know if it was fuel (didn't really smell like it.) Called two brothers and they said it could be condensation or oils in the pipe from manufacturing burning off. Is that normal?
Also the dealership got some scratches on both logos! Two brothers is sending me more stickers.
Has anyone ever removed the stickers before?
I don't know how easy they will come off now that the pipes have been hot and I don't know what adhesive to use when putting the new ones on. (if they don't come with adhesive on already)
Tempted to just put the new stickers over the old ones. Just hoping they would hold.

Last edited:

Andar

Reaction score
Visit site
For the first thousand or so KM your exhaust will be "spitting" as you called it. That's normal. There's also a smell that comes from them until they break in. Pretty much all exhausts do that.

I can't answer the question about the stickers, but I'll add on to that and ask if anyone took off the "RACE EXHAUST" white sticker. I saw it was stuck on pretty good and didn't want to ruin the pipes. Any opinions on that?

Chapin

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah the big white race exhaust sticker was left on. Good thing it's underneath. It's huge!
I'm just leaving that one

Last edited:

Chapin

Reaction score
Visit site
Just an update for anyone ever wondering. The metal logo stickers on the exhaust (or as Two Brothers call them "Bands") came off pretty easy with a little pulling. Used some goo-gone to get rid of the left over adhesive and put the new bands on. Two Brothers even sent me 3 when I only asked for two!
Looks good!