Decided to go naked!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am having some trouble deciding if I should put the tabk decals back on. I am leaning towards putting them on, but go for the OEM Yamaha Black and Gold ones rather that the Black/Silver ones.

I like the way it breaks up the tank a bit.

What do you guys think?

t3.jpg

goldemblems.jpg
Definitely put the decal on - breaks it up, like you said.

I'm loving the look. That Pearl white is the colour of my bike, but mine has red highlights not gold. Mine has the red stripe down the tank.

Can't wait to see the finished bike :thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am having some trouble deciding if I should put the tabk decals back on. I am leaning towards putting them on, but go for the OEM Yamaha Black and Gold ones rather that the Black/Silver ones.

I like the way it breaks up the tank a bit.

What do you guys think?

t3.jpg

goldemblems.jpg

Emblem back on :thumbup: Take pride in the tuning forks young man , THEY ROCK :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Mate,That is looking so good.
If you've gone nekid,then you have to lose the centre stand (It's the law)
I'm the same as all the others,go for the Gold emblems.

As for Gold anodising,I get what you mean about the variety of colours!
The only way to get consistency,is to have the parts stripped and done by one shop.

ShadowChillaGin

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow...all I can say!! Vary nice work man......I can't wait till winter to tear mine down and get to work on it!! I was gonna go matte black on EVERYTHING but am becoming torn with adding some gold in there now....:)...we will see...I would start it now but..I can't go a day without riding when its nice enough out to ride!!

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Two Brothers Carbon Fiber cans arrived today from Biohazard Cycles. Install was super easy. Put the DB Killers in as well.

I was really happy to see the FE kit was powder coated black and seems to me of not bad quality. I have heard they suck. TB must of changed them?

tb.jpg

fe1.jpg

fe2.jpg

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Pushed it out into the Sun tonite for some pictures, too bad my camera is crappy. Installed the Two Brothers and Rizoma Avio Signals on rear, same signals will be on front as well. Was going to go with gold on the signals but decided to go black, I don't want to over do the gold.

When it is done I will get some pictures taken with a good cam.

Things left to do:
European Fz1 Headlight kit (ordered)
Ceramic Black Coated Headers (Ready Wednesday)
Remove Center Stand (Last thing I will do)
Replace Stator cover and oil pump cover (Have Stator cover/Oil Pump cover is shipped)
Powder coat rear sets black (Have an extra set will drop them off when I pick up headers)
FZ1 Bars (ordered)
Rizoma Mirrors/Grips/Barends (Have grips/barends - ordered mirrors)
Gold/Black Tuning fork emblems for Tank (ordered)
Smoked LED Taillight (ordered)
TCP Seat Cowl (purchased on Ebay - Shipped soon)
Horn Relocate Kit (ordered)

I cant wait to ride! Hope these parts get here soon!

bike1.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike3.jpg

bike4.jpg

bike5.jpg

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is starting vto come together very nicely...nice job! Cant wait to see it when it's all done...if that ever is the case! :D

Once you start, it's hard to stop!

:D

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Header Pipe back from getting Ceramic coated, turned out great. Dropped off the rear sets and pass. pegs when I was there to get powder coated. They said they may destroy the rubber part on the shifter from the heat so I decided not to get the shifter and brake lever done for now.

header2.jpg

header3.jpg

header4.jpg

header1.jpg

FZ6Dave

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Kamloops...FZ6Dave here...about time I got on this forum huh?! hahahah

Everyone, I am the rider that was with Mike when we bought our bikes and when he crashed his. Crazy crash I tell yah...man, him and his bike are made of Kevlar - to go down hard and get up ready to go, well almost...after the tequilla for dinner and a night sleep anyway :)

Lookin good man...can't wait to here it. I love the ceramic coated headers - look awesome!!!!

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
In-Credible... great job! i can't wait for see the bike finished :BLAA:

Me too! I am on a weeks Vacation in Disneyland right now but itchin to get back to complete it.

Not much left to do. Parts should be all delivered by the time I get back.

This is what is left:

1- Install Fz1n Headlight Kit
2- Install Smoked Led Tail Light
3- Tank Emblems
4- Pickup and Install Powder Coated Rear sets and Passenger Pegs
5- Install New Stator Cover
6 - Install Rizoma Grips and Bar Ends
7- Install Fz1N European Clutch Perch and Drill/Tap Brake Perch for Mirrors
6- Install Rizoma Mirrors
7- Install Rizoma front indicators

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Looks like you just threw FZ1 bar on there too?

Good eye! Yes they are fz1 bars, I screwed up and drilled the hole in the wrong place! Plus I dont like the fact that the original hole is exposed. Not sure if I will keep these bars, I like the stance they have but would prefer some black bars.

I also managed to get a euro fz1 clutch perch which has a mount for the mirror, by buddy is going to drill/tap the brake side.

perch1.jpg

perch2.jpg

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Good eye! Yes they are fz1 bars, I screwed up and drilled the hole in the wrong place! Plus I dont like the fact that the original hole is exposed. Not sure if I will keep these bars, I like the stance they have but would prefer some black bars.

Just spray em black fella :thumbup:

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Put on the Fz1headlight to see what it will look like. Its not hooked up but just hanging there. I have to make a bracket for the bottom and I don't have any fork clamps for the top. May just zap strap the top for now.

Installed the Fz1N clutch perch and one of the mirrors.

Installed new stator cover today as well.

I am a bit ticked off at deprettomoto.com. I ordered some foot pegs and a horn relocator kit then decided to cancel the order. I sent numerous emails to cancel but they neglected to return any response then shipped my order anyways. They posted on their website that all orders would not be shipped until 8/30/2010 as they are on summer break yet they sent it anyways even when I asked to cancel it.

I would be weary of dealing with deprettomoto.com. I have decided to keep the parts and use them anyways as I am sure I cant return them. The passenger pegs have to be redrilled as the mounting hole is to small for the sleeve. What a waste of money and they were not cheap!

Here are some pictures.

fz6naked1.jpg

fz6naked2.jpg

fz6naked3.jpg

horn1.jpg

horn2.jpg

rrmirror.jpg