Decided to go naked!

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Since my crash I have decided to go naked. Insurance paid me out for my bike and are letting me keep it. All the bike really needs to be drivable is the rear wheel and I have one on the way thanks to one of the awesome members here.
I also had to order a Stator Cover and a Oilpump cover. Suppose I could have painted mine but decided I wanted new ones.

Mods I have now -

--Corbin Gunfigher Seat
--Motovation Frame Sliders
--BD43 Headlight Mod
--Evotech Tail Tidy with Led plate light
--Kisan Pathfinder Modulator.

My Plan -

--FZ6N Naked FZ6 Headlight assembly Yamaha OEM Asian Market
--Carbon Fiber Hugger and Chainguard
--Carbon Fiber front fender
--Black fuel cap with gold bolts
--Gold Clutch Adjuster
--Jet-Hot the Headers Black
--Powder Coat Rear sets Black
--Powder Coat Side Rad guards black
--Black Rad Cap
--Paint Headlight Surround/Fuel Tank/Pods/Tail/Grab Bars Pearl White (same color as 2009 VFR800)
--Two Brothers Racing Dual M2 VALE Slipon Exhaust Carbon Fiber
--Pazzo Racing Adjustable short Brake & SHORT Clutch Lever Set (black/Gold adjuster)
--2- Rizoma Avio 21 Universal Indicator Lights
--Rozoma signal light Adapter Plates
--ELFR-1 DOT Flasher Relay
--2- Rizoma Universal Indicator Adaptor Kit for Yamaha fz6
--Rizoma Billet Aluminum Sportline Grips - Gold
--Rizoma Handlebar Ends Billet Aluminum 23.5mm Long Gold

Ordered today -

--Two Brothers Racing Dual M2 VALE Slipon Exhaust Carbon Fiber
--Pazzo Racing Adjustable short Brake & SHORT Clutch Lever Set (black/Gold adjuster)
--4 - Rizoma Avio 21 Universal Indicator Lights
--ELFR-1 DOT Flasher Relay
--2- Rizoma Universal Indicator Adaptor Kit for Yamaha fz6
--Rizoma Billet Aluminum Sportline Grips - Gold
--Rozoma signal light Adapter Plates
--Rizoma Handlebar Ends Billet Aluminum 23.5mm Long Gold
--FZ6N Naked FZ6 Headlight assembly Yamaha OEM Asian Market
--Carbon Fiber Hugger and Chainguard
--Carbon Fiber front fender
--Black fuel cap with gold bolts

Really looking forward to this transformation. Cant wait for the parts to start arriving.

Last edited:

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Before Accident
before.jpg

After Accident
after.jpg

Present after a Wash
now.jpg

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Pictures of the mods I will be doing. I will post pictures of the bike as these mods are installed from start to finish.

FZ6N Naked FZ6 Headlight assembly Yamaha OEM Asian Market
headlight.jpg

headlight2.jpg

Two Brothers Racing Dual M2 VALE Slipon Exhaust Carbon Fiber
2bros.jpg

Pazzo Racing Adjustable short Lever Set (black/Gold adjuster)
pazzoshort.jpg

Rizoma Avio 21 Universal Indicator Lights all round
rizoma21.jpg

Rizoma Billet Aluminum Sportline Grips - Gold
rizomasportgrips.jpg

Rizoma Handlebar Ends Billet Aluminum 23.5mm Long Gold
rizomabarend.jpg

Pro-Bolts Gold Clutch Adjuster and Fuel Cap bolts
clutch.jpg

Carbon Front Fender
cffender.jpg

Carbon Rear Hugger
cfhugger.jpg

Last edited:

chill

Reaction score
Visit site
...Nice! I'm also thinkin of going naked.

I would have bought the naked version myself if it were available in N.America when I bought my bike, but I had to settle for the half-faired version. I think it still looks good, but i don't know ...maybe I just like the word ..NNNNaked. :D

Anyway, I like your selection of parts ...can't wait to see some pics of your transformation! :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope your hugger doesnt take as long to get to me as mine....i still dont have it after 11 weeks or something, and there is still no sign of it ever getting here...although seller is being very helpful with a crap mailing situation!!!!

Anyway, nice list of mods, it will be one wicked bike when your done.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
You will love it, besides I dont think there are many naked reds on here. Goodluck!

Wont be red when I am done with it...

--Paint Headlight Surround/Fuel Tank/Pods/Tail/Grab Bars Pearl White (same color as 2009 VFR800)

My plan is to have it mostly black with the white painted parts, and then just a touch of gold parts.

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
More Pictures of the headlight I ordered.

closeupheadlight.JPG

headclose1.jpg

I will be painting the surround of the light, the grey parts on each side White to match the rest of the bike. I will be also replacing the signal lights on it with the Rizoma Avio 21 Universal Indicator Lights.

What I like about this kit is its all OEM Yamaha parts. I am told by the seller - The kit comes with everything you need to install. You don't even have to buy a single bolt. The installation is straight forward and you don't even have to drill a tiny hole. The headlight STAY bolts directly to the FRAME. The rest of HEADLIGHT and FAIRINGS bolt directly on the STAY. To mount the speedo there is plenty of room. You can install it using zip-ties or bolts and washers. Both ways work great and I have sold them to people who have been driving around with no problems.

Regarding the wiring, the STOCK has one H4 for HIGH BEAM and one H7 for LOW BEAM. But the NAKED has one H4 for HIGH and LOW. All you need to do is use the STOCK H4 connector and add on low beam wire to it

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds and looks awesome, but one part doesn't make sense to me.
How can headlight stay mount to the frame? That would mean the headlight doesn't turn with the bar/fork (think Triumph).
Doesn't stay have to mount to the fork for the light to turn with the bar?

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Sounds and looks awesome, but one part doesn't make sense to me.
How can headlight stay mount to the frame? That would mean the headlight doesn't turn with the bar/fork (think Triumph).
Doesn't stay have to mount to the fork for the light to turn with the bar?

I should say directly to the forks

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One more thing I noticed: The mirror clamps. They look like they would require you to remove bar ends and grips to put them on (and if they're going to go on the inside of the controls/levers, you'll have to pull those off the bar too).
If you go with mounts like these, you won't have to deal with that hassle (unless you'll be replacing the bar anyway, in which case this does not matter :) )

Emgo%20Split%20Mirror%20clamp.jpg

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
One more thing I noticed: The mirror clamps. They look like they would require you to remove bar ends and grips to put them on (and if they're going to go on the inside of the controls/levers, you'll have to pull those off the bar too).
If you go with mounts like these, you won't have to deal with that hassle (unless you'll be replacing the bar anyway, in which case this does not matter :) )

Emgo%20Split%20Mirror%20clamp.jpg

I am putting new grips and bar ends on, but I also may use fz1 bars. I am not sure if I am going to go with the mirrors from the kit, not sure if I like them anyways.

kevlarfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Let us know how that headlight is. Only 1 other confirmed member has ordered it and I was thinking of getting one but am a little cautious.

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
I will post a full review when I get it. So far the seller has been communicating great. I have no reason not to trust him. It was suppose to ship today.

He also emailed me and install pdf.

All my parts are ordered not just have to wait.

Priced out the new paint job today. $1280.00 and that includes the body work on the tank. They are painting the tank. the back pods, tail/grabrails and the surrounds on the headlight. These guys have won awards fot he custom work they do do I am hoping. Its not cheap but I want this done right.

This is them - DB Custom Cycle ~ Portfolio

And this is what they will be doing

Original D&B Custom Paint Procedures

1-Chemically Strip to Bare Metal

This ensures no "print through" from old paint, decals, stripes, lettering, etc, which shows up as an outline or silhouette through new paint, because all paint settles over time as it cures. Also, chemically stripping avoids warping the metal panels which occurs sometimes with sandblasting.

2-House of Kolor Acid Etch Prime

We acid etch the bare metal to prevent oxidation and to promote proper adhesion for primer and bodywork and paint.

3-High Solids Urethane or Epoxy Primer

Epoxy is an excellent base for maximum corrosion protetion with maxcimum adhesion for any filler bodywork (which is then primed with urethane). We use Epoxy for sealing fiberglass parts and for maximum durability on frames.

Urethane is best for it's filling qualities and an excellent foundation for your paint.

4-Prepping Parts

We block sand and all finish prep is done with 800 grit wet, which is fine enough that it eliminates seeing any sand scratches in your paint color, yet it is still course enough to maintain mechanical adhesion.

5-Painting

Base Coating - We use House of Kolor which is the finest custom paint in the world, founded by Jon Kosmoski, the grad-daddy of custom painters. House of Kolor has the highest level of and the best inks and pigments in the world. It may cost a little more, but the quality is worth it.

Final Clear Coat - Top coated with House of Kolor urethane clears, which have the highest levels of sunscreen agents to protect against sun fade, the wold's finest resins for best chip resistance as well as longest furability and highest gloss-retention. Hosue of Kolor also has excellent flexibility for plastic and flexible parts. note: all D&B Custom Quality paint jobs are block sanded and intercoat cleared/recleared so that there are no ridges from tape out, graphics, etc... Some call it a double clear coat or a double dip.

6-Wet Sand and Polish

All final finishes are block-sanded and polished to leave no texture, dust specks or tape out ridges, leaving you with a mirror-smooth, show-quality surface. This takes several hours with an orbital polisher and D&B System One Polish.

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
quite like the look of this aswell as yours,But dont like matt black bikes.

fKU151cnvY.jpg

Or you could try and get the Kawasaki Z900 headlight and clocks,Now that would look gorgeous :rolleyes: