FZ6 Rearset Set Back Plates For Sale

Chaotic29

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, i have installed the setback plates!

Installation was very easy, i drilled the ball joint out and replaced it, it all looked great.
Sat on it, really enjoyed the new position, it felt more aggressive, all good.

Took it our for a spin, i lasted 20 miles before i decided to go home and remove the plates, the new position was absolutely destroying my knees.
When i got off the bike i could barely stand up my knees were in so much pain.

For future reference, i am 6'2 and have a 34"-36" inseam.

Not sure what i am going to do with the plates yet, might keep them in case i want to try them again at a track day, might sell them, time will tell.

Well after reading this i have made up my mind that i will not try rearset set back plates at 6'3". Thanks!:thumbup:

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
So I've had that email sitting in my box for a couple days, and I am disappointed that you guys weren't happy with them. I wish I could do something for you guys, but alas, I make these plates available at my costs (probably at a loss if you ask my wife) and on my spare time (e.g., not as a business). There is a small market for them if you'd like resell and I encourage you to do so.

Tahlen

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll throw a carrot out to help your resale value to those of us on the shorter side. I'm 5'8" with a 30in inseam and I have felt literally zero loss in touring comfort with the swap. If anything they are a boon since I can now extend my legs straight down without going to the sides of the pegs - which I had to do with the stock setup. My legs go down in front of the pegs, behind the shift/brake controls. It means I can actually flat foot the bike with my legs hugging(ish) the frame/engine!

And of course as others have said they are GREAT for when the roads get twisty. Alternatives cost exorbitant amounts of $$ and so I just wanted to throw another thank you towards Oso2k for taking the time and effort to make these plates for us!

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
So I've had that email sitting in my box for a couple days, and I am disappointed that you guys weren't happy with them. I wish I could do something for you guys, but alas, I make these plates available at my costs (probably at a loss if you ask my wife) and on my spare time (e.g., not as a business). There is a small market for them if you'd like resell and I encourage you to do so.

No worries, i took a chance and it didn't work out, it happens!

I'll still give them a go if i ever get into trackdays...

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll throw a carrot out to help your resale value to those of us on the shorter side. I'm 5'8" with a 30in inseam and I have felt literally zero loss in touring comfort with the swap. If anything they are a boon since I can now extend my legs straight down without going to the sides of the pegs - which I had to do with the stock setup. My legs go down in front of the pegs, behind the shift/brake controls. It means I can actually flat foot the bike with my legs hugging(ish) the frame/engine!

And of course as others have said they are GREAT for when the roads get twisty. Alternatives cost exorbitant amounts of $$ and so I just wanted to throw another thank you towards Oso2k for taking the time and effort to make these plates for us!

I echo these sentiments, I'm 5"7" and I love them

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Sorry I'm late - yes I have a new never installed black pair w/ the pivot/bearing that most people use for the installation. If interested please PM me! Thanks.

ckrockets

Reaction score
Visit site
My method of installation.

Drilled out the existing ball joint and replace with another in the opposite direction.

McMaster-Carr

Metric Heavy Duty Ball Joint Linkages 6275K63

auto-punch.jpg

FZ6-offset-pegs6.jpg

FZ6-offset-pegs5a.jpg

FZ6-offset-pegs1.jpg

FZ6-offset-pegs4.jpg

FZ6-offset-pegs2.jpg

FZ6-offset-pegs3.jpg

This method required no shimming and alignment was perfect.

Been quite a while since I checked in. Just to let everyone know I've had zero issues with this mod. 2 track days and 10k miles of nothing but pure twisties slamming through the gears. Have not even touched it since initial install, still rock solid.

Wanted to thank OP for making these excellent offset brackets, I literally could not use this bike for how I ride without them.

I'm contemplating a FJ-09 but the pegs are super low. Will require offset brackets as well. Hard part is one of the peg mounting points is the swing arm axle, on both sides.

I still love my FZ6.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Been quite a while since I checked in. Just to let everyone know I've had zero issues with this mod. 2 track days and 10k miles of nothing but pure twisties slamming through the gears. Have not even touched it since initial install, still rock solid.

Wanted to thank OP for making these excellent offset brackets, I literally could not use this bike for how I ride without them.

I'm contemplating a FJ-09 but the pegs are super low. Will require offset brackets as well. Hard part is one of the peg mounting points is the swing arm axle, on both sides.

I still love my FZ6.

Man... I'm loving your setup. I have this nasty bend in my shift linkage right now. I may have to go your route.

You can see it in this photo, I don't even have the proper 90 degree angle where it attaches to transmission rod thing.

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site

I still love my FZ6.

Thanks for your kind words.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had mine on for a few years and they are brilliant. Just saying.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk