FZ6 Rearset Set Back Plates For Sale

Y

yourebarred

I have mentioned this to oso2k, but thought I should explain;
I don't want to do this mod, so if anyone else wants to buy the rearset allocated to me, please do.

(will honour my commitment as soon as I can financially if noone else steps in)

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
They were in my mailbox today when I got home. Looks like I know what I'm doing tomorrow!

ytuhuget.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

mountaincycle

Reaction score
Visit site
Also received my plates! BTW - my plates look better than your! ;)
Actually the plates look awesome! very professional.. :thumbup:

oso2k, once again, I would like to say THANK YOU..

Tahlen

Reaction score
Visit site
Picked up my plates on Friday and installed them today. The new feel is awesome!! I ran into a small snag on mine and I though I'd ask if anyone else has seen this. The rearsets were bolted to the frame with two bolts and 1 'nub' that inserts into the rearset to form a triangle. The plates have a hole drilled that accepts this 'nub'. On the brake side the distance between the bottom frame bolt and this nub was too far by maybe 1/8". Everything else was perfect, including the same measurement on the shifter side. I ended up drilling the bottom frame bolt hole in the brake side plate a little larger and it worked fine.

Anyone else see the same issue this time around? It doesn't seem likely that my bike would be different on each side. I am wondering if the right (brake) side plates may have been machined a little different. I did not directly compare the two before I drilled mine.

TLDR: installed the plates and they work great with a little modification and thank you Oso2k!!

Last edited:

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone else see the same issue this time around? It doesn't seem likely that my bike would be different on each side. I am wondering if the right (brake) side plates may have been machined a little different. I did not directly compare the two before I drilled mine.

TLDR: installed the plates and they work great with a little modification and thank you Oso2k!!

By any chance has your bike been down or stunted? All I can think of is that the frame was impacted on that side somehow, causing the difference in geometry. It is possible that you could have compensated using a shim or washer without drilling. :confused: Otherwise, the plates should have been mirror copies. If they're not, let me know.

Last edited:

Tahlen

Reaction score
Visit site
It's probably a little late for me to check mine now, as 1) they're on the bike and 2) already modified the one. The previous owner did drop my bike on the side in question but according to his story (light marks on the clutch cover back that up) it was hardly moving. It may still be possible something bent between those two points though. If anyone who hasn't installed theirs yet wants to compare the two and see if they can see a difference then we can confirm that my bikes just a little bit special. Blah

mountaincycle

Reaction score
Visit site
Tahlen,
I'm looking forward to installing my plates this week :cheer:

What did you do with your shifter (rod) linkage? did you bend it or install another ball joint?

thx, M

Tahlen

Reaction score
Visit site
I bent mine. Simple and quick. As has been mentioned before it works well enough. I can't feel any additional flex in the linkage through the pedal.

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Tahlen,
I'm looking forward to installing my plates this week :cheer:

What did you do with your shifter (rod) linkage? did you bend it or install another ball joint?

thx, M

Just installed mine today - I flipped it and threw on a new ball joint - Easy, just drill/punch out the old one. Simple, solid, looks good - going to coat the linkage in black at some point - for now, I'm enjoying the new position - combined with my clip ons - it's a much more aggressive feel, turns in easier, position is just awesome now.

Tahlen

Reaction score
Visit site
Just installed mine today - I flipped it and threw on a new ball joint - Easy, just drill/punch out the old one. Simple, solid, looks good - going to coat the linkage in black at some point - for now, I'm enjoying the new position - combined with my clip ons - it's a much more aggressive feel, turns in easier, position is just awesome now.

Did you have any issues with the plate fitment to the frame on the brake side?

Tahlen

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool, sorry for the false alarm Oso2k. I guess my bike must have some issues. Makes me want to take the plates back off and measure the frame...

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site

How tall are you?

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
5'9" & 30" inseam. I'm told that the position is comfortable for short and taller riders as well.

It looks like being 6'2" with a 34" inseam i will be one of the tallest to try this mod out, i hope it works out.

I have just received your plates today in the mail, unfortunately i am away from my bike for at least a month so will not be able to try any time soon.

As soon as it's done i will report back.

Thanks.

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
It looks like being 6'2" with a 34" inseam i will be one of the tallest to try this mod out, i hope it works out.

I have just received your plates today in the mail, unfortunately i am away from my bike for at least a month so will not be able to try any time soon.

As soon as it's done i will report back.

Thanks.

There was one other person at your measurements. Most are 5'9"-5'11". Look back in the thread. But I believe they said that it allowed them to clench the tank with their knees in a more comfortable manner.

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, i have installed the setback plates!

Installation was very easy, i drilled the ball joint out and replaced it, it all looked great.
Sat on it, really enjoyed the new position, it felt more aggressive, all good.

Took it our for a spin, i lasted 20 miles before i decided to go home and remove the plates, the new position was absolutely destroying my knees.
When i got off the bike i could barely stand up my knees were in so much pain.

For future reference, i am 6'2 and have a 34"-36" inseam.

Not sure what i am going to do with the plates yet, might keep them in case i want to try them again at a track day, might sell them, time will tell.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, i have installed the setback plates!

Installation was very easy, i drilled the ball joint out and replaced it, it all looked great.
Sat on it, really enjoyed the new position, it felt more aggressive, all good.

Took it our for a spin, i lasted 20 miles before i decided to go home and remove the plates, the new position was absolutely destroying my knees.
When i got off the bike i could barely stand up my knees were in so much pain.

For future reference, i am 6'2 and have a 34"-36" inseam.

Not sure what i am going to do with the plates yet, might keep them in case i want to try them again at a track day, might sell them, time will tell.

A few others, including myself, feel the same way. I rode with them for a week and had to take them off. I had 2 reasons tho, first reason....more of an aggressive body position and I wanted to haul butt everywhere. Second reason.....too much of a bend in my knees for daily riding. I kept them for track days which they work very well for.