FZ6 PodMod lights.

jfreakman

Reaction score
Visit site
I had taken off my stock signals on my 07, and kept the bulbs and wireing, and just mounted them in the pod's location. pods are parking lights and signals. very simple job, very clean....
lsl4.jpg

tintedscreen.jpg

I like this idea very very much. When I broke the turn signal on the left side, I put flushies on, but I hate the way they look and flash fast. With them broken I thought I had no choice....This might be a really cool thing to do.

W

wrightme43

If so I wouldn't know why as this state doesn't require a helmet so why steal something few would want?

Because they dumb asses ride around with them backwards on their heads thru town, and they fall off. Because they dont strap the dang things anyway. Thats why they dont care if they cut the strap. I met a guy who lost one doing 100 on the interstate and was all proud of it hitting a car. People are freaking stupid.

Yes I have a helmet lock Danny. You dont?

H

HavBlue

Because they dumb asses ride around with them backwards on their heads thru town, and they fall off. Because they dont strap the dang things anyway. Thats why they dont care if they cut the strap. I met a guy who lost one doing 100 on the interstate and was all proud of it hitting a car. People are freaking stupid.

Yes I have a helmet lock Danny. You dont?

Hey, come on over, you can steal the cages (keys there most of the time), the house stays open (beer in the fridge), and helmet locks are for Las Vegas and Chicago......LOL

LMAO, a helmet lock in Kentucky????

W

wrightme43

Nope, just different and not capable of passing in California. DOT and EPA hold it all up. Think about the Nissan Skyline.

Your telling me that the Fazer naked with the exact same engine wont pass?
The CB400 that is fine in Germany, England, France, Italy, Japan and Austraila wont pass?

Its not DOT its not the EPA.
DOT doesnt give a rats *** what engine you have.
They want lights of certain colors in certain places.
They want brakes, and kill switchs in certian places.
They want specific things that exist on almost every freaking bike in existance. BMW imports here. Ducati imports here. Bimota imports here. THEY ARE ALL THE FREAKING SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EPA is concerned with a certain level of Co, Co2, Nox, and particulates. IF it will pass Euro it will pass everywhere but Cali. Cali only because their government has some sort of wacked out system run by fruitbats has to have things that do something different. The freaking carbon cans can be added to anything.
LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of bikes are 49 state bikes, with a seperate run for Cali.

Its not DOT its not EPA. Its because they wont sell here.

Japan has extraordinarly strict emmisions laws.

W

wrightme43

Hey, come on over, you can steal the cages (keys there most of the time), the house stays open (beer in the fridge), and helmet locks are for Las Vegas and Chicago......LOL

LMAO, a helmet lock in Kentucky????

That as you can see is a helmet lock oddly enough in Kentucky.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sportrider

That as you can see is a helmet lock oddly enough in Kentucky.
you added that right? I miss helmet locks this and my sporty were the first bikes I've ever owned that don't have one. even my brothers R6 had a helmet lock

H

HavBlue

Your telling me that the Fazer naked with the exact same engine wont pass?
The CB400 that is fine in Germany, England, France, Italy, Japan and Austraila wont pass?

Its not DOT its not the EPA.
DOT doesnt give a rats *** what engine you have.
They want lights of certain colors in certain places.
They want brakes, and kill switchs in certian places.
They want specific things that exist on almost every freaking bike in existance. BMW imports here. Ducati imports here. Bimota imports here. THEY ARE ALL THE FREAKING SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EPA is concerned with a certain level of Co, Co2, Nox, and particulates. IF it will pass Euro it will pass everywhere but Cali. Cali only because their government has some sort of wacked out system run by fruitbats has to have things that do something different. The freaking carbon cans can be added to anything.
LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of bikes are 49 state bikes, with a seperate run for Cali.

Its not DOT its not EPA. Its because they wont sell here.

Japan has extraordinarly strict emmisions laws.

They are not the same. Yes, the engines are the same but the computers are not, the emission controls are not, the lighting assemblies are not. Lots of things would sell here and the Skyline is a perfect example of this as was the Yamaha RZ which did make it to Canada. As far as not selling here, this is pure unsupported speculation on your part and a wild guess at best because we have been begging for the manufacturers to ship any number of models here for years with no luck at all. Personally I have no problem at all with the California smog requirements in terms of emission controls, it's the test procedures that I have a problem with. Hang on though, those same standards are spreading to other states.

W

wrightme43

They are not the same. Yes, the engines are the same but the computers are not, the emission controls are not, the lighting assemblies are not. Lots of things would sell here and the Skyline is a perfect example of this as was the Yamaha RZ which did make it to Canada. As far as not selling here, this is pure unsupported speculation on your part and a wild guess at best because we have been begging for the manufacturers to ship any number of models here for years with no luck at all. Personally I have no problem at all with the California smog requirements in terms of emission controls, it's the test procedures that I have a problem with. Hang on though, those same standards are spreading to other states.

Your right. I'm done.

They have different cats, different O2 sensors, different computers.
I give up.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeppers, I dont use it very much. I read about idiots that just cut the strap steal the helmet and ride with it backwards on thier stupid heads. I just take the it with me.
I would love a helmet lock, so we dont get all the best spec lol.

crazy_canuck

Reaction score
Visit site
I hate not having a helmet lock as well which is why I'm considering buying an aftermarket one. There are a few places that I've found so far that carry them, just trying to figure out which place will get me what I need for the cheapest price! :D

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hate not having a helmet lock as well which is why I'm considering buying an aftermarket one. There are a few places that I've found so far that carry them, just trying to figure out which place will get me what I need for the cheapest price! :D

we don't have a helmet lock?!?!?!

Yes I am seriously asking

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
yep I have one too...

one time I was trying to remove the seat and could not figure out why the thing would not release... then I realized I put the key in the helmet lock... they are pretty close together:banghead: :p