FZ6 Passenger Foot Peg Install

fzwhaler

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all!

I'm getting this bike from a friend.
5108.jpg

I got it from a friend who converted his 2005 FZ6 into a cafe racer. I love the bike, but I've got a few things I'd like to tidy up or change. As part of his build, he removed the passenger pegs from the subframe. My understanding is that the 04-06 FZ6 had the passenger pegs integrated as part of the subframe, but 07+ had passenger pegs that could be removed.

How would I go about attaching passenger foot pegs to this? Is it possible that I could just weld a mount on and purchase pegs from an 07+? Or is there some sort of aftermarket option out there for me?

Pictures below of the build so you can better see the subframe.

2745.jpg

2891.jpg

2892.jpg

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe see if anyone is parting out a bike and has a rear sub frame and just change the whole thing out if you are heading back to a stock look

bigborer

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine were also ground down.

You have 2 options:

1- install an ebay set of "universal" pegs that will mount on the round piping of the rear subframe. Here's mine Screenshot by Lightshot
2- get either a used S1 subframe, with uncut pegs (as out bikes originally had), or a S2 subframe + the screw in pegs

I did #1 but the downside is that you have the rear pegs sitting too high up, which is fine around town but gets uncomfortable for over 40 minutes. So now I bought the S2 subframe and pegs, which I'll install when I'll also replace the shock...

fzwhaler

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine were also ground down.

You have 2 options:

1- install an ebay set of "universal" pegs that will mount on the round piping of the rear subframe. Here's mine Screenshot by Lightshot
2- get either a used S1 subframe, with uncut pegs (as out bikes originally had), or a S2 subframe + the screw in pegs

I did #1 but the downside is that you have the rear pegs sitting too high up, which is fine around town but gets uncomfortable for over 40 minutes. So now I bought the S2 subframe and pegs, which I'll install when I'll also replace the shock...

Mind pointing me in the direction of those universal pegs?

I'm not sure getting a used S1 or S2 frame is likely to happen. The new seat and stance of the bike would change dramatically, or I'd need to get a new S2 frame, modify it, and paint it to make this a viable option. Is there any chance I could make a mount position for this S2 pegs?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you keeping it as a café racer style bike, or back to stock?

Now you can make up a plate (exactly the same as what's welded on the S2 bike). Then bolt up the S2 assembly
to your modified sub-frame. You'll need the peg assembly to properly align before welding the plate.

I suspect it'd be much cheaper and easier to just replace the rear subframe with a used one..

The stock passenger peg assembly (welded to the frame looks as such).
As noted, their MUCH LOWER than a clamp on peg:

The S2 removable peg assembly is as such:

Last edited:

fzwhaler

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd like to keep it as a cafe racer. I suspect I'll need a new seat, but I think I can find something that preserves the aesthetic of the bike that would allow for a pillion.

Thanks for the pictures! I think you're right that clamp pegs won't work—at least not without being modified. Hmmmm, I'd need to weld those plates on I assume. I think if I got an S2 subframe that I'd have to cut it, and modify it so that the suspension fits properly.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
To do what you'd like, I'd get a set of S2 peg assemblies.

Then using them as a template, make your own brackets(flat bar) and weld them (the flat bar) to the sub frame. Probably need to weld some nuts on the back side.

Now you can remove them when riding one up, or bolt them on when you have a passenger. There's only two bolts