FS: 2006 FZ6 - Blue - Some cosmetic damage - $1700 - SoCal

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
If this is still available, I`d consider it very seriously at $1000 :)

It would become my track project :rockon:

nooo don't let wavex have it... he has way to many nice bikes already... hes a cheater... :spank:

lol J/K he would make your girl look very sharp :thumbup:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
:rof:

I only have one bike :Flip::D

BTW, I`d take the bike without the front fairing or side fairings if necessary... so you could try to sell these...

Comon Steve! hook it up! :cheer:

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site

BTW, I`d take the bike without the front fairing or side fairings if necessary... so you could try to sell these...

hahaha if you stopped wrecking all your bikes you'd probably have about 6 by now... lol :rof: :Flip:

sasper

Reaction score
Visit site

I would rather sell the bike as-is and not have to deal with trying to sell the other parts. I'm not in a hurry to sell it so I can just sit on it and wait until it works for someone to buy it. I think it's under-priced as it is.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright no worries!

I am not sure why you think it`s under-priced though... you provided the quote yourself of what it would cost to get fixed, i.e. $3300...
I bought my last '06 over a year ago and in mint condition with scorpion exhaust and R6 forks for $4300. It had 4500 miles on it.

You got an FZ6 with 20k+ miles, scratches on all plastics, a broken gauge, a tweaked sub-frame... I don`t think it`s under priced unless you find someone really good at fixing stuff, or who doesn't care about all the cosmetic damage and a tweaked rearend :D

Just my $.2!

Good luck :thumbup:

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright no worries!

I am not sure why you think it`s under-priced though... you provided the quote yourself of what it would cost to get fixed, i.e. $3300...
I bought my last '06 over a year ago and in mint condition with scorpion exhaust and R6 forks for $4300. It had 4500 miles on it.

You got an FZ6 with 20k+ miles, scratches on all plastics, a broken gauge, a tweaked sub-frame... I don`t think it`s under priced unless you find someone really good at fixing stuff, or who doesn't care about all the cosmetic damage and a tweaked rearend :D

Just my $.2!

Good luck :thumbup:

This is exactly why I passed on purchasing for close to the listed price. Steve is being very honest about the condition, and it is still in solid mechanical shape. If I was going to keep it for my own use, it would be a great deal. However, I wanted to repair and resell the bike, and market conditions are unfavorable at this time to make a profit.

sasper

Reaction score
Visit site
I totally agree as well. If someone is looking for a bike to keep (either a track bike, naked conversion, etc.) then this is a great deal. It could be ridable for the price of a left foot peg, a couple of mirrors and re-mounting the gauge. Total investment (including purchasing the bike) of around $2000 for a bike that's in great mechanical condition.

Sure the bike would be $3300 to fix if you brought it to the Yamaha shop and had them replace all OEM pieces. Buying your own parts online and doing the work yourself (which is all pretty easy work, nothing complicated) would be half that at the most. Fixing the rear-end is less than $200 by a professional.

If it doesn't sell, then I'll keep it and do the work myself, either back in Chicago or here if I end up staying for a while longer. I figured I would give everyone a chance to snag it first if they were in the market for a project like this.

Last edited:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey I wasn't trying to knock your deal, I think it`s a pretty fair price... just not under priced :) I`ll have a grand ready for you if you change your mind (after you start working on it and realize it`ll take much more than $300 to make it a proper ride again :D).

Good luck man!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man if you were in Australia...i would be allover this like a rash...after deciding last weekend that i am gonna go racing, i am looking for an trashed FZ6 to build a track bike from.........If only Star Trek was real....i would throwing the cash at ya, and telling you to beam it up...Scotty!

:(

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
great deal for someone, make sure to tell the new owner about the site!

I wish i had the extra $ this would have made an amazing track/project bike