Friend had a weee bit of an accident today.

ChaosCrayons

Reaction score
Visit site
I was out showing one of my friends Carlos the roads that I ride around when I have the time to just go out and forget everything. He rides a Ninja 250R so he likes me to always go first so he doesn't feel like he is slowing me down. Today while out on a road we particularly like called county highway MM we noticed that after the recent snow they had salted and sanded this road. I was taking it really easy around all of the corners and all of a sudden about 5 minutes into the road I hear a horrible grinding noise coming from behind me and when I look I see my friend sliding toward the bluff ledge and into the oncoming lane of traffic. Luckily no cars were around and he stopped before reaching the guard rail. He is fine physically, a little mad at himself for not being as careful as he should on sand. The bike appears to be mechanically fine and he will drop it off Monday to have all of the cosmetic damage fixed and have our local Kawasaki peddler rod give it a once over. Here are some pictures of the damage, I have to get these on the internet so they are forever and he can never live it down :BLAA:

Last edited:

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
Nothing looks too bad on the bike, glad to hear that you friend is okay. Hopefully he picks up and keeps riding! Every day is a learning experience.

trailhead

Motorcyclist
Reaction score
Visit site
I was out showing one of my friends Carlos the roads that I ride around when I have the time to just go out and forget everything. He rides a Ninja 250R so he likes me to always go first so he doesn't feel like he is slowing me down. Today while out on a road we particularly like called county highway MM we noticed that after the recent snow they had salted and sanded this road. I was taking it really easy around all of the corners and all of a sudden about 5 minutes into the road I hear a horrible grinding noise coming from behind me and when I look I see my friend sliding toward the bluff ledge and into the oncoming lane of traffic. Luckily no cars were around and he stopped before reaching the guard rail. He is fine physically, a little mad at himself for not being as careful as he should on sand. The bike appears to be mechanically fine and he will drop it off Monday to have all of the cosmetic damage fixed and have our local Kawasaki peddler rod give it a once over. Here are some pictures of the damage, I have to get these on the internet so they are forever and he can never live it down :BLAA:

Similar experience on the 2nd of July, similar bike and all. Riding home in the dark on the canyon roads that I ride all the time. Keeping it mellow because who knows when a deer will pop out. Came around a curve that I have been on a few hundred times (literally) about 1-1/2 miles from home. Next thing I know my butt is on the ground and my bike is sliding by spewing sparks from the pipe. Never even got my hands off the grips, my gloves made it through in perfect shape.

I had forgotten that we had rain the previous Tuesday and that had washed some gravel off someone's driveway into the street. Pretty much the same thing, mostly cosmetic damage, and a ruined jacket and jeans. Jacket was too large and my arm slipped in the sleeve. The elbow pad gripped my skin and ripped about a 3x3 section of skin on my elbow. Also tore up my knee pretty good. Pics in my profile photos if you're interested.

I've been riding on the street for 32 years and it just goes to show you even the experienced can get bit once in a while.

trailhead :iconbeer:

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
Similar experience on the 2nd of July, similar bike and all. Riding home in the dark on the canyon roads that I ride all the time. Keeping it mellow because who knows when a deer will pop out. Came around a curve that I have been on a few hundred times (literally) about 1-1/2 miles from home. Next thing I know my butt is on the ground and my bike is sliding by spewing sparks from the pipe. Never even got my hands off the grips, my gloves made it through in perfect shape.

I had forgotten that we had rain the previous Tuesday and that had washed some gravel off someone's driveway into the street. Pretty much the same thing, mostly cosmetic damage, and a ruined jacket and jeans. Jacket was too large and my arm slipped in the sleeve. The elbow pad gripped my skin and ripped about a 3x3 section of skin on my elbow. Also tore up my knee pretty good. Pics in my profile photos if you're interested.

I've been riding on the street for 32 years and it just goes to show you even the experienced can get bit once in a while.

trailhead :iconbeer:

OUCH..I missed a deer by a foot the other day in Calabasas, didnt even know there was deer out here..I was extremely lucky.

For the OP's post, I also have a friend who rides a 250 ninja..and he got into it kinda because of me...and we havent ridden together that much yet because he is still learning to ride on the street and stuff. But I can relate to your story, I would feel bad if he crashed riding behind me. Maybe its better to start sportriding in perfect conditions....on the track ideally.