First Annual FZ6RC The Ridge @ Deals Gap

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Well........I think I may be going now.

I'm going to be bring the lady and kinda/sorta doing my own thing but I'd like to meet up with everyone for at least one long ride and perhaps at night....is there going to be some sort of basic schedule/agenda for meeting spots/times?

W

wrightme43

Hey Nate.
Yes as it gets closer we will set up ride times, and meet times. Basic plan is ride map. Meet places marked with approximate times.
Group ride one day, with the lead rider waiting for second before each turn and then on down the line of the riders to the last rider. Lead rider with most experince, last rider with most medic training and cell phone.
Most likely loop. Saturday.
Leave out from the house around 830, onto Cherohala skyway, Meet at the falls, onto Tellico Plains, late breakfast early lunch. Back around (I have the roads marked at my house but I am at my dads) to the Dragon, Meet at Crossroads of time. On to Hellbender, thru to Robbinsville. Back up to the house. It takes most of the day. Alternate routes stay at the Dragon and ride it several times then stay on 129 to 143 back to the house for dinner.
Grilled burgers, hot dogs, corn on the cob, mac and cheese, salad, and dessert and any thing else we need for a vegitarin diet as well.
First night ride the dragon till you get tired of it.
Chicken tortellini alfreado (chicken to only part of it) , green beans, garlic bread, salad, dessert.
Sunday some people will leave but not all.
I will want to ride the skyway. I love that road, but other people may not like it as much. Pretty much open ride day.
Nobody has to do anything they dont want to.
I have a very cool route but it will be a all day ride to get back. I am going to leave thursday morning, and come back monday evening to home.
If people wanna pay extra I will ask Ron to accept shipment of Kansas city steaks and we will eat big steaks instead.
We will need coffee, but the filters and pot are already there.
Utensils, plates, cookware, and that stuff is all there.
Laundry soap isnt but the washer dryer is.

We could always do a night ride on the dragon too, but I dont think I would go, suicidal possums and all.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks man!

I'll be riding 2-up, I always carry a 1st aid kit, my passenger is an R.N., and we both have cell phones with different providers so I may be a candidate for the "last rider" position....we'll see.

I'll probably get down there early on the 30th and leave on the 3rd. Tour Guide is going to be there...he knows the area extremely well, rides very well and safe, will be 2-up, and is just an all around nice/helpful guy...he also got his nick-name for a reason (good leader).

W

wrightme43

Cool man, a registered nurse would great if something bad happens to someone. Looking forward to meeting you all.

W

wrightme43

Camping onsite will be 10$ a night per person, includes food, and showers. If it rains you can stay in the Garage.
I just talked to Nancy and she said they have some rollaway beds with real mattresses we can use for free, if more people want to come.
So basicly the next 4 or 5 will get to sleep in beds.
Just 2 months away.

W

wrightme43

Dominic cant make it. He has some medical stuff that has to be fixed first and formost. His money has been refunded.
So now the count is two open beds.