2010 Dragons Tail FZ6RC Meet.

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
i wish this were a week later. I am going to Barber Motorsports Park for a track weekend Aug 14-15 and would loved to have tied this all into one big fun trip. I actually planned a deals Gap trip and put down the 300 deposit on the ridge for a week in June when I had not seen an update on this one. If you can move it a week later I'll transfer my deposit to that date if that can work for folks, then I would cancel my June dates and move to this week.

That poor hummingbird.....The trip was a blast year!!!!! I would be in if the timing were a little better.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Hummingbird night.... that was day Josh, Jon and I about died tubing....lol.

Really want to get back up there this year.

-bryan

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
i wish this were a week later. I am going to Barber Motorsports Park for a track weekend Aug 14-15 and would loved to have tied this all into one big fun trip. I actually planned a deals Gap trip and put down the 300 deposit on the ridge for a week in June when I had not seen an update on this one. If you can move it a week later I'll transfer my deposit to that date if that can work for folks, then I would cancel my June dates and move to this week.

That poor hummingbird.....The trip was a blast year!!!!! I would be in if the timing were a little better.

What week in June do you have reserved? We tried getting a earlier week, but all were booked.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
So what's the plan? I'm ok with any of the proposed dates. I'd prefer sooner than later, but it's whatever works best for everyone.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Is there really no interest in a 2010 meet? We have 2 confirmed members(shaggy and myself), and that is it. Mark and I can't do it by ourselves. Where is everyone from last year? Did you not have fun?:D Come on guys we're only talking $150 for a week long party with some of the best roads in the US.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
i don't think i can go a whole week. but i'd like to go some. but with my schedule i have to have a date first before any commitment comes from me. reading this thread i see a few dates. some work, some don't. is there a date set?

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
We have to act fast guys. The place is filling up really fast! August 4-11 is available at the Treetops. Who knows for how long though. Chime in if your wanting to go. The dates will be August 4-11 a Wed to a Wed.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
What if I promise to bring 2 full cases of homebrew? I'll even take requests if anyone has something special in mind.

I would try bribing with provocative pictures of myself but that would probably just scare more people away.

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
We have to act fast guys. The place is filling up really fast! August 4-11 is available at the Treetops. Who knows for how long though. Chime in if your wanting to go. The dates will be August 4-11 a Wed to a Wed.

I can probably make that work and attend from maybe friday to wednesday and then see if they'll let me stay an extra day before I head to birmingham for my track weekend. Com one guys. all we need are 2-3 more. Anthony and Mark if we get a couple more I'll call the folks there and move my deposit to hold that week if it will work?

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I can probably make that work and attend from maybe friday to wednesday and then see if they'll let me stay an extra day before I head to birmingham for my track weekend. Com one guys. all we need are 2-3 more. Anthony and Mark if we get a couple more I'll call the folks there and move my deposit to hold that week if it will work?

Either that or we could move to your week. Let me take a look at my vacation schedule and see if I can get that week off? What are your thoughts Mark?

Last edited:

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
The dates don't really matter to me. I've got ridiculous amounts of vacation time, so I could easily do either. If you put a gun to my head I'd probably pick the earlier dates just because august might get kind of hot....but that wouldn't really stop me either.

Basically I'm saying figure out what works best with your schedule and I'll be there regardless.

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
Bump :)
With only a few showing interest I'm inclined to keep my dates (5/31-6/7) and make space for Shaggy and Ant, I am guessing I will have at least a few drop from my TX group. After all I need Mark along to play beer sherpa, the boy can twist and lean through the dragon with a least a 12 pack on back...impressive to say the least!! Still willing to move my deposit though if we get more to attend!

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah man if you have room I would love to tag along....and if we somehow manage to drill up interest in an actual forum ride, well I could always go for round 2.

As long as it's not an inconvenience, and Ant agrees.

So what's the reason for lack of interest this year? It's such a drastic change. I'm guessing it has to do with the cancellation of the model, not enough new blood.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
If you can make room then I'm in too. If we can get the second dates then we'll do two trips I guess.

The lack of interest is really surprising though. Maybe everyone didn't have as good a time as I did.:D

If you need me to send a deposit let me know. I have mine and Marks funds ready to send.

Reaction score
Visit site
I have had a blast the past two years and plan on being there whenever y'all go. As before though, I don't know if my wife and son will want to (or be able) to go. With her job she can't schedule more than a month ahead, so I just can't commit to the lodging. If they don't come and there are rooms open, I may jump in at the last minute. I just can't promise anything.

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
Mark and Anthony, your in, plan to attend on those dates if you want I will shoot more information in the next month or so. I am still trying to get my herd here together but I am going to count you guys in, I need to start the formal planning stuff like food here soon.

Just in case anyone forgot about the roads, we had 12" of snow here last week in one day so I needed to be refreshed of mind!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1pfE8fasYI]YouTube - Devils triangle[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqtdJKM5Mfk]YouTube - Tail of the Dragon Deals Gap[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjhq8wvTd2I]YouTube - TN 116, Part of the Devil's Triangle or Brushy Mountain Prison Route[/ame]