Intrest in 2009 Dragons Tail Meet.

W

wrightme43

Gauging intrest in the second annual FZ6-forum deals gap dragons tail meet.

Since there are lots of new people here is how it works.

We agree on a weekend in late may early june.
We find how many people are interested in going.
We rent a house that includes, whirlpool, bbq grill, pots pans, towels, garage, beds, cable, and internet access.
We meet in the mountains and ride, eat, talk about bikes, and have fun.
It costed 120$ each last time for 3 days with food. Paypal to get choice of rooms. This year I am not going reserve it till we can pay in full. Solve the whole wondering if we are going to have to pay more when we get there deal.
We eat good.

If we hurry we can get the treetops this year.

Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap and Cherohala Skyway, Graham Co, NC

All the days in May and June are still open as of today.

The Treetops will sleep 9 singles in beds, or 7 singles and two couple (4 people) if the couple share a room.
It has a couch that is comfy as well. ( I have slept on it) and cots are available.

With taxes, and food it will be right at 1000$ for 3 days. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. ( we can more than likely add thursday as well for a extra 200$

That puts it at 9 people at 120$ each.
I am in.
Also we can do a Lee Parks Total Control school for one day as well if enough people are interested.
Need 8 commits to pay 120$ it will be sent 100$ in paypal plus whatever the fees are, and 20$ when you get there to cover food. Or all at once I dont care. LOL

Its $770 for the house with taxes. I know that sounds like alot of money for food but thats right at what I ended up spending last time, and AntMB bought some stuff too, We did eat good though.
Gotta tell me if you dont like something to eat though. I dont know unless you tell me.

Also of course if more people come you will get a refund, and all moneys outlayed and costs will wrote on paper on the table for all to see.

W

wrightme43

Also, if you want to back out after you pay, you have to find someone to take your spot and buy it from you.
I will be glad to help you find someone, I did that for two people last time. I am just not going to be on the hook for it.

Basicly what I am saying is No REFUNDS!!! Its transferable, but I am not going to give you your money back if you change your mind out of my pocket. This is not to be mean, its just to cover my butt.
It shouldnt be any problem to find someone else that wants to go. It wasnt last time, and then we had people staying elsewhere too.

W

wrightme43

some pics of this years meet and a completly offtopic pic of the little one.

hedmisten

handegraphix.com
Reaction score
Visit site
Very interested in June... Mid to later June. Gotta wait for the kids to get out of school.

On a side note. Been hearin' a lot of bad things about the Dragon. Knuckle heads on both sides of the law. I have some buddies in Ashville NC. They do not go any more on the weekends.

The local law enforcement has been on a streak with ticketing and attempting to enforce slow riding. However, there is much speculation as to how much longer they will be around. Apparently, local businesses that benefit from the bikers are starting to complain and LEO's are being caught breaking the same traffic laws that they are pulling riders for.

I dont think it is anything for us to worry about, as we all seem to be pretty responsible people here.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll go ahead and commit. Should have gone this year (stupid friends and their stupid weddings.....grumble, grumble.....). Definitely not missing next year. As long as it's not the first weekend in May, I'm open to all dates.

Also, I'm vegetarian, so food requirements for me will be slightly different. We can handle that however you want, I'm not picky and try not to cause too much trouble.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
some pics of this years meet and a completly offtopic pic of the little one.
Nice one Steve, She's getting big mate.

It sounded excellent last year, this year will be better. You aren't telling the whole truth about what you spent that weekend either are you...... You forgot to mention your speeding ticket and the cost of your naked conversion lol.
Good luck with it and I think you are quite right in not being expected to take the burden of no shows.

I'm not picky and try not to cause too much trouble.

I can't wait to see how true that is Shaggy lol.

Nelly

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
How hard are you guys planning to ride? I could probably handle it right now at 3mph and a strong headwind but by next year i might be able to manage a little better :)

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
This actually sounds like fun. On top of that, the cost isn't that bad in the least. Although I'd be a decent hike there from where I live, I'm sure that I could figure something out. I will chat with the wife about it. Won't be a problem paying up front.

:steve:

X

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I might be able to get up there. More than likely I will stay somewhere else but would love to meet up and hang out. (No I wont eat your food, lol. Im not that guy)

Also, I agree with the others, 129 on the weekends are terrible. I will be more than happy to show you guys some more roads around there that are just as much fun with less traffic and law enforcement.

I am sure there are some others on here that are realitive locals that can show some more back roads as well.

-bryan

W

wrightme43

Hey good deal Shaggy!!! Vegitarian is no problem man. I had already planned it last year for you.

Thanks Nelly.
Yes 56 in 30 on the dragon. One crash my ego, one rearender due to stupid cager waving the whole group around.

Lessons learned!!!!

Necrotimus
My plan is simple. I am not going to run fast pace. If others want to they are welcome.
The pace was too high last year. We had a few over the lines, a few blown corners, and comments were made about lowering the pace.
I am handling it this way.
If you have done track days, and have lots of experince and want to ride fast. Ride in Scotts (tourguide) group. He is a great rider, two up he is better than I am.
If you want to ride a more mellow pace I would like Mikebike to lead that group if he comes this year. If not I will.
Mike sets a good pace and is a good ride leader. He knows the area as well. I know it pretty good now.
Its a fun time and I think I got all the bad luck out of the way. LOL You will enjoy yourself.

Basicly if you want to chill there will be a group, and if you want to roll out down the road there will be a group.

One more thing.
FILL UP YOUR BIKE BEFORE YOU COME TO THE HOUSE EVERY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!! If you come from the Eastern NC side fill up in Tellico Plains, if from the Western NC side fill up in Robbinsville.
no more we gots to get gas in morning. LOL LOL LOL

W

wrightme43

Google Maps

The roads rock. The dragon is cool, but the cops suck. Killboy told me a trick for not getting any more tickets. I will share it in person when we are there. Most people would figure it out on there own, but I am to stupid so I got a ticket. LOL

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I am a yes. Just let me know details.

I would be interested in the school as well except it says you have to have had your license for a year, got mine in July. If there is enough interest maybe they will waive that.

W

wrightme43

Count me in Steve. It was alot of fun last year, and I'm sure it will be even more this year.

Great deal Anthony!!! I will PM you with a question.
I am really glad to of got to spend time with you guys.

W

wrightme43

I had a blast last year, and have been waiting for this thread to appear.

I am a firm and committed \"Yes\" on being there again. I am flexible with scheduling, I can make whatever weekend is best for everyone.

I would be very interested in the Lee Parks School as well.

Based on the exemplary planning and organizing you did last year, I want to offer you thanks in advance for everything you are going to do for the 2nd annual Dragon FZ6 meet. ;) Please let me know if there's anything you need help with!

Rock on Jay!! I have a question for you too. Check you PM here shortly.
I had alot of fun hanging out in the garage and around the campfire with all of you all. It was a blast and something I will look back on and enjoy for the rest of my life.

W

wrightme43

I am a yes. Just let me know details.

I would be interested in the school as well except it says you have to have had your license for a year, got mine in July. If there is enough interest maybe they will waive that.

Great man. Whats your first name? Mine is Steve.
The school is still up in the air. You will have a blast. If we can get the treetops this year it will be even better. HUGE HUGE deck, fireplace, bigger kitchen, and better bathrooms. Its a great time.
:rockon::thumbup::rockon: