Father was in Motorcycle Accident

Wrist has to have open surgery, needs a plate and a pin. Cracked rib. Knee cap is just sore from the fall. Other than that he is doing pretty good. Surgery is tomorrow. I haven't been on a whole lot. I've been just out of it lately. I haven't really been myself since Saturday, motivation is just low in work, school and everything, I'll be fine though. I have the pictures, just havent uploaded them yet, I will get them up tonight...

Hang in there and thanks for the update. Lots of us here are sending positive vibes and prayers for him and you.

Something almost exactly like this happened to a coworker a year ago. The similarities made want to mention it.

This too was a group ride for veterans, and I think they were riding from Boston to DC...? Anyway it was a giant group made up mostly of cruisers, guys in their 40's and 50's, many with little experience riding alone much less in big groups. So the friend and his wife were on a honda cruiser getting onto the interstate when someone up front hit the brakes HARD riiiiight as everyone is getting on the gas to merge. It caused a multi-bike pileup that claimed one or two lives. There was an article in the paper, lawsuits, etc. The coworker missed a lot of work and still has a lot of pain, and has now given up riding after decades.

I guess the moral, if there is one, is that big group rides are dangerous as sh_t unless INCREDIBLY well controlled, and even then, I don't like your chances. And like everyone else I'm really glad he's ok, had the good fool luck to be wearing solid gear for once, and is in good spirits.

Hang in there and thanks for the update. Lots of us here are sending positive vibes and prayers for him and you.

He'll be okay Geoff. Sorry he has to go through the surgery but in the long run he'll have better mobility in his hand.
Tell me about ribs! Haha! I broke mine once this year and then rebroke and added some ribs before the first breaks were healed! :eek::eek:

Back