Do you think this would work?

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
if you can find a place to put it it will work. its the same idea as a stebel horn, which will run anywhere up to 500db. if its over 250db make sure you get used to the noise somewhere you wont bother people. i swapped bikes with a friend one time and he told me to honk the horn when we were in the middle of BFE, and i came off the seat and about dumped the bike. yeah it was that loud (and i wasnt expecting it)

Blackops272

Reaction score
Visit site
if you can find a place to put it it will work. its the same idea as a stebel horn, which will run anywhere up to 500db. if its over 250db make sure you get used to the noise somewhere you wont bother people. i swapped bikes with a friend one time and he told me to honk the horn when we were in the middle of BFE, and i came off the seat and about dumped the bike. yeah it was that loud (and i wasnt expecting it)

oh dear god! hope there wasnt too much damage and i dont want anything overly loud dont wanna get any problems from the coppers, i'm sure i cant sort out some sort of mount, i think you get two horns so maybe i can dissconect one or attach them together somehow

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I've done it. Twice. You'll need to make up a cable. Keep looking and buy one high-tone and one low-tone. It's worth it. You will probably need a relay otherwise it will blow your indicator/horn fuses. I had Motrax ones setup fine & they worked for a few years before dying. I've got 3rd party ones like those now, but I need to redo the wiring. If you checkout my site, you can see where I mounted mine (faired S2).

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Those demensions are pretty large.

I have the Stebal and found its plenty loud enough. I have mine mounted under the fairing, attached to the main stay. The long bracket is 1/8" aluminum boted to the main stay..

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a naked bike though it's a lot harder for me to find a mounting place so it doesnt look stupid! :p any thoughts?

If you can post some pictures of the bike, especially the left side front, we might be able to find some place...

Perhaps mount it right to the engine, as far back from the header as possible, tucked in between that space...

Last edited:

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a Stebel horn on my Fazer, excellent upgrade to have. Makes joe public think there is a larger van or truck coming lol

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
oh dear god! hope there wasnt too much damage and i dont want anything overly loud dont wanna get any problems from the coppers, i'm sure i cant sort out some sort of mount, i think you get two horns so maybe i can dissconect one or attach them together somehow

i didnt drop it, so there was no damage, it just startled me quite a bit. and you wont get in trouble with the cops for it since its a safety device, as long as you dont go around blowing it obnoxiously. it would be cool if you could make a separate button and have the stock horn and this one, and use the stock horn for getting somebody's attention at a stoplight or something and using the trainwhistle for emergency or avoidance purposes.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, you don't need a relay with two horns as I posted earlier. I built a new harness last night and it works fine. I must have had a short somewhere in the one I used before. As long as you wire the two horns in parallel they will work fine. Buy something like these to get the car-horn sound as well as the higher-pitched motorcycle horn at the same time. I'm pretty sure there is a video on my site too.

You should be able to mount them somewhere on the side of the bike facing forward. They will be louder than mine as the fairing soaks up some of the noise. They give you some pieces of metal with holes either end that will help with the placement, and you may need to use some spacers like these too to move it away from the bike a bit.

Incidentally, the new Ebay logo and favicon suck so bad!!! :(

Blackops272

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a Stebel horn on my Fazer, excellent upgrade to have. Makes joe public think there is a larger van or truck coming lol

Haha well my mate has a bandit and he said he has a similar horn to what i linked and it sounds like a small car horn, but he has fairing so easier for him to mount :(

Last edited:

Blackops272

Reaction score
Visit site
Here are some pictures of both sides of the bike and the mount the horn is on and what i think are mounting points on the opposite side too hope this helps

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There's not much room there...

If you decide and purchase what ever horn you decide to use, it may be easier to find a place.

I was thinking in front of the engine, behind the header, adjacent to the coolant tank. The coolant tank is plastic wrapped around with steel, I suspect the horn should be ok as well in the area adjacent to it..

There are several mounting area but you will have to be creative coming up with a custom bracket.

Blackops272

Reaction score
Visit site
There's not much room there...

If you decide and purchase what ever horn you decide to use, it may be easier to find a place.

I was thinking in front of the engine, behind the header, adjacent to the coolant tank. The coolant tank is plastic wrapped around with steel, I suspect the horn should be ok as well in the area adjacent to it..

There are several mounting area but you will have to be creative coming up with a custom bracket.

I'll talk to my local garage see if they can think of anything, i'd be no use at making my own bracket :p