Decently priced Security System

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
I've the Xena XN15 more expensive $90 disk alarm but contrary of the claims it catches moisture in rain and ceases to work.

knightrider

Reaction score
Visit site
My security is multi-level. I keep my bike outside and covered at all times. Wish I had a personal garage.

1 - front wheel disc lock
2 - Kryptonite NY chain and lock on rear wheel (still need a ground anchor for it though)
3 - Scorpio i600 system
4 - Nelson Rigg full cover (to hide the bike)
5 - insurance if all else fails

The perimeter sensor on the system is amazing. You wave your hand above the seat and it gets mad and chirps at you. They don't even have to touch it! It brings me great peace of mind and helps me sleep better. It does take up most of your underseat storage but the tool kit still fits. The system was expensive, but I feel it was worth it and don't regret the money spent.

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just keep a really great insurance policy on it. If someone wants it bad enough, they'll take it. The anchor is better then the garage actually. It's easy for someone to break the window, climb into the garage, hit the opener and carry the bike out.

To me, it's just a material item I can replace. I will make my bike less attractive to steal in unknown areas with a lock, but never here in NH. Almost zero thefts in this state. You'd have to leave the key in with a strobe light and a flag saying READY for your bike to walk off here.

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had the scorpio i600 installed since Sep 08 and I have nothing but good things to say about it. While I'm away from the bike, the remote lets me know if someone is near the bike (perimeter sensor). It has a warn away feature, "hey chucklehead, you're to close to my bike" chirps that will turn into a full blown alarm if they continue to violate my bikes "personal space".

It senses tilts, shocks, and works even if the battery dies. The ignition sensor has a anti highjack and disable feature. It has different alarm sounds (you program them) based on which sensor was violated.

Yes, it will cost you (got mine for $330 approx) but just like my alarm on my durango, it lets me know when the alarm occured and what set the alarm off.

Still, the best feature is the perimeter sensor. Bottom line: it goes off before they get a chance to mess with the bike.

knightrider

Reaction score
Visit site
That would be the best alarm! A Kitt voice saying - "Excuse me, may I help you with something?" and "You're testing my patience."

And the flashing red bar would be cool too.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
My security is multi-level. I keep my bike outside and covered at all times. Wish I had a personal garage.

1 - front wheel disc lock
2 - Kryptonite NY chain and lock on rear wheel (still need a ground anchor for it though)
3 - Scorpio i600 system
4 - Nelson Rigg full cover (to hide the bike)
5 - insurance if all else fails
suggested revision:

5 - German Shepard attack trained guard dog
6 - 12 GAUGE Pump-Action SHOTGUN
7 - Guaranteed get-you-off attorney
8 - insurance if all else fails