Crash aftermath summary - may help some of you

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Not really, as long as all my medical bills were covered and I got a little bit over at the end I told my lawyer I'd be happy.

Plus the lawyer investigated and had the other party sign a paper confirming she had no other assets to her name, so it would not have been worth it anyway :)

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
But what about underinsured or noninsured motorist? Or is that in the 100/300/50 somewhere?

The point was made from myself and other members, make sure you have great insurance before getting on that bike.

When dealing with insurance claims and adjusters, unless you have a lot of expereince, which fortuanately most people don't, you are pretty much an amatuer. They are the professionals, this is what they do for a living. Getting a lawyer is just leveling the playing field. Yes, it's going to cost you money, but you know you aren't going to get screwed.

No different than buying a car or motorcycle for the very first time. Unless you have done this before, you are pretty much at the mercy of the sales people and you have no idea if you are getting a great deal or a bad one. Same goes for Wavex's case.

It is listed in the policy for sure!

There is little harm in stating your case and making your points up front first without a lawyer to see how far you can get without having to shell out a third of the settlement. When you feel that things are not going your way, you can then employ a lawyer. Just never admit to anything nor sign anything until you've determined whether a lawyer will be needed or not.