Coolant Temp at 207F

Nefilim

Reaction score
Visit site
Is this getting a little too hot and what would cause overheating?

I am at 4k miles on an '07 but I am thinking it's time to change the oil since the guy I bought it from owned it for 2 years and only put 800 miles on it, which means he could have changed the oil after 3 months of owning which means the oil would be 2 years old.

djneall

rebmem roinuj
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine runs that hot all the time. It's within normal operating temp. I would change the oil for various other reasons though...:eek:

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with djneall; change that oil -- who knows how old it is.

If it were my bike and I knew the previous owner had it 2 years and put 800 miles on it, I'd change coolant, and brake fluid too. Maybe you asked when's the last time he did this when you bought it? so it might be unnecessary -- but some people do it anyway. I know I would.

Dennis

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with djneall; change that oil -- who knows how old it is.

If it were my bike and I knew the previous owner had it 2 years and put 800 miles on it, I'd change coolant, and brake fluid too. Maybe you asked when's the last time he did this when you bought it? so it might be unnecessary -- but some people do it anyway. I know I would.

Dennis

I've bought all my bikes used. First weekend after I buy them I change all the fluids. Oil/ Break/ Coolant (shaft drive oil if it has one). You really never know what the person before you did or didn't do. And they all lie, expecting that you won't buy the bike if they say "Gee, I haven't flushed the breaks in 4 years." or "Kings of Leon is a ****ty band"

I change the break fluid every other season as well. Easy and cheep to do, I've always felt an improvement.

CarpeNoctumDC

Reaction score
Visit site
Nefilim:
You can download the manual from Yamaha or from this site:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-technical/320-2004-through-2007-manuals-download-here.html

Just grab the "2007-Owners-LIT-11626-20-60.pdf"

My bike usually runs in anywhere between 186-214 depending .... Anywhere between 104-242 the owners manual says is "OK. Go ahead with riding" - Page 3-3 ... I would say if you start running consistently above 220-230 to start worrying/investigating...

207 is totally normal..

-=- George