Convince Me Not To Sell!!!

Thorpiticus

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a big 'ol dilemma on my hands! As you guys know, I bought my '06 FZ with 42 miles on it about two months ago. I've got about 400 on it now and have loved every mile of it!
Unfortunately, a gorgeous Triumph that I've had my eye on for quite some time just became available :)spank:) ... What do I do?

Pros of keeping FZ:
-Awesome power
-Great all-around bike
-Fuel injection/no carbs to mess with
-Reliability
-Warranty
-Awesome power
-Six-speed tranny (although a bit agricultural...)
-Can get on and ride anywhere, any time
-Did I mention the power?

Pros of getting Triumph:
-Can probably make some money off of FZ since I bought it on the cheap
and it still has low miles (although the PO low-sided it, I can easily get that
fixed)
-Great torque
-Great styling (More classic, but not better than FZ- just different)
-Awesome sound from a Triple with drag pipes
-Better for two-up (?)
-More relaxed seating position
-Can always go back and find another FZ later- This particular Triumph is
one-of-a-kind

What am I missing on my list?

I guess I just feel like I don't really need what is essentially a brand new, stock FZ, so I'm considering selling it, trying the Triumph, and then going back to the FZ later/getting a used '07+. I Love my FZ, but what do you guys think?? :confused: -John

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
if you keep the FZ then you will fit in here better!

honestly though, the FZ is a great bike but it sounds like your heart is truly with the triumph. I say go for it and pick up an FZ that has had a rough life and fix it up while riding the Triumph. then you get 2 bikes :)

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The fact that you are asking us to convince you not to sell says something me thinks.;)

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You don`t say which Southeast you live in...the UK or the states.

If it is the UK then get the Triumph....You know why ...

Steve

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Universal dictum: "Buy low, sell high." Sounds like this applies to your FZ6, no? Also, do you like having to maintain two m/c insurance, registration, parking issues? Maybe you do, but if you don't...

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, 358 miles in two months? Obviously you should not own a motorcycle and you should sell it to me for $100. :thumbup:

Thorpiticus

Reaction score
Visit site
Have you got a photo of the Triumph...which model?

:thumbup:

Unforunately I don't. It's a '98 Thunderbird 900, red and black two tone.

You don`t say which Southeast you live in...the UK or the states.

If it is the UK then get the Triumph....You know why ...

Steve

Well, this would be the Southeastern US, where "Anythin' but a Harley just ain't right."

Universal dictum: \\\\"Buy low, sell high.\\\\" Sounds like this applies to your FZ6, no? Also, do you like having to maintain two m/c insurance, registration, parking issues? Maybe you do, but if you don't...

That does indeed apply. Unfortunately, I would love to be able to maintain/insure/park two bikes, but my finances dictate otherwise.

Hellgate, if I decide to sell for $100, you and the insane asylum will be the first to know.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with Pete: 358 miles in two months? Why own a bike? That is just under 6 miles a day, or in some cases here, a mere two weekends out for some folks.

I'm not trying to be an arse or sarcastic, just plain honest. Why do you own a bike if you're not riding it? Thanks!!

FooFazer

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had 2 triumphs, a Trophy 1200 and a Trident 900 so I feel I can offer some help.
Do a bit of research, start by googling Triumph Sprag Clutch Failure, this is very important as on a 98 model failure is pretty expensive to repair. In particular if you decide to continue make sure you know what to look and listen for when you check out your intended purchase.
I loved the 900 but you need to know what you could be getting into.

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
My dad had the triumph too. Look forward to speedo cables breaking all the time, head gaskets leaking, front forks leaking and brakes being used up in days. He had his for 2 years, I would guess it was in the shop for 8 months of it, most of it on warranty thank god. Believe the total bills were near $4000 canadian

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Since I'm not trying to sell you either bike, I say get what you want. You clearly want the Triumph or you wouldn't be posting - so buy it.:thumbup:

Given that you seem to don't ride much now, maybe you'd ride the Triumph more?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with Pete: 358 miles in two months? Why own a bike? That is just under 6 miles a day, or in some cases here, a mere two weekends out for some folks.

I'm not trying to be an arse or sarcastic, just plain honest. Why do you own a bike if you're not riding it? Thanks!!

I agree, that thing has track bike all over it at $100. What a deal! :cheer: