CLASS June 2,3

Reaction score
Visit site
Is anyone planning on attending Reg Pridmore's CLASS school at Barber Motorsports Park (Birmingham, AL) June 2nd or 3rd? The 2nd will be the day after the Deals Gap FZ6 ride. I'm thinking about making this part of my trip and stopping off there on the way home, if I can afford it. I've just finished his book and it sounds like this would be a great experience. Has anyone taken it before and what did you think about it?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is anyone planning on attending Reg Pridmore's CLASS school at Barber Motorsports Park (Birmingham, AL) June 2nd or 3rd? The 2nd will be the day after the Deals Gap FZ6 ride. I'm thinking about making this part of my trip and stopping off there on the way home, if I can afford it. I've just finished his book and it sounds like this would be a great experience. Has anyone taken it before and what did you think about it?

is there a web page? this might be interesting to look into.

H

HavBlue

I had read somewhere the class was like $400 for the 2 days. That's not bad when you consider all you'll learn and who you'll learn from.

Reaction score
Visit site
I think it is $425 for 1 day. There may be a discount if you come back the 2nd day, not sure. The site is CLASS Motorcycle Schools:: The Nations Premier Street Motorcycle School. I also looked at the Barber Motorsports web site and discovered there is a new riding school called the Jamie James Yamaha Champions Riding School that will have classes there April 24th and 25th. I don't know the cost on it yet but the cool thing about it
is that you can use a school FZ6 instead of your own. Their website is The Jamie James Yamaha Champions Riding School - Come Ride With Us!, but there is very little information on it at present. My problem with cost on the CLASS school is the prep work. I will have to buy leathers, new boots, new tires and a new full face helmet (mine is modular and not allowed). This would put my total cost at close to 2k. I don't know if I can afford that right now. I don't know about the cost and requirements for the Jamie James school yet. I've got an email in to them for some more info and will post it when I get a reply.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it is $425 for 1 day. There may be a discount if you come back the 2nd day, not sure. The site is CLASS Motorcycle Schools:: The Nations Premier Street Motorcycle School. I also looked at the Barber Motorsports web site and discovered there is a new riding school called the Jamie James Yamaha Champions Riding School that will have classes there April 24th and 25th. I don't know the cost on it yet but the cool thing about it
is that you can use a school FZ6 instead of your own. Their website is The Jamie James Yamaha Champions Riding School - Come Ride With Us!, but there is very little information on it at present. My problem with cost on the CLASS school is the prep work. I will have to buy leathers, new boots, new tires and a new full face helmet (mine is modular and not allowed). This would put my total cost at close to 2k. I don't know if I can afford that right now. I don't know about the cost and requirements for the Jamie James school yet. I've got an email in to them for some more info and will post it when I get a reply.

A lot of those schools offer leather rentals so that could take a lot out of your initial cost, not sure if they rent other gear but i wouldn't want to use a rental helmet gloves or boots..just my own opinion

Reaction score
Visit site
I got a response from the Jamie James school today. Here it is:

Here is a recent customer blast we sent out. It should answer most of your questions.

We are putting the finishing touches on our registration form, waiver and web payment functionality. It's set to launch early next week. In the meantime, here are a few details to keep you in the "loop".

Students need to be at least 16 years of age and have a valid driver's license. Then, you'll need $2000 for the two day school which includes the use of our ride. You'll also have to post a damage deposit on our bikes which is refundable in full, of course if you return it in the same condition. If you throw in another $175, we'll have gear reserved for you. You'll be "stylin" in our Arai helmets, Pilot leathers and Michelin tires.

If you really have your heart set on riding your own Yamaha, it'll have to be "track ready" and "tech approved" by our staff but that'll save you $200 off the registration fee.

Why put the wear and tear on your own bike when you can ride one of our brand "spanking" new 2008 R6's and/or FZ-6's?

You can register for our 2008 sessions and secure your spot by placing a $1000 registration fee deposit through Paypal. Paypal recognizes VISA, Mastercard, American Express nd Discover cards and provides extra protection for your personal account information.

Guest Instructors will be announced at each session. Jamie James, the one and only "Ragin Cajun" will be a teaching and riding at every session.

If you have not already secured your spot, just reply with your date preference and we'll put your name on our reserved list. That way, you're guaranteed a spot.

Here are the dates again.
April 24 – 25, 2008
May 26 – 27, 2008
June 30 – July 1, 2008
August 14 – 15, 2008
September 29 – 30, 2008
October 9 – 10, 2008
November 20 – 21, 2008
Thanks for your continued interest in the Jamie James Yamaha Champions Riding School