Bridgestone BT016 Review

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm getting a set of BT-016's installed this Saturday...I can't wait! My stock Dunlops have about had it. Got about 6500 miles on them.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, so much better! I just did about 150 miles after getting them installed today. After scrubbing them in a bit I took them out for a test in the twisties. Difference is night and day. Grip is awesome! I'm glad I went with these!

xj750_Pete

Young Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought one of these for my rear tire. So far I've only had it for about 1,000 miles. Grip seems to be good; I don't usually give it a lot of throttle going out of turns so I hardly ever approach its limits, but I do take turns pretty fast and these hold up very nicely. Initial turn-in is very smooth and predictable. Wear seems to be good as well. With the miles I have on that tire now, there is hardly any flattening of the profile. One thing that did catch my attention though, it seems once the tire is scrubbed in, I could actually see the separation between the different compounds, or maybe is that just me? Overall, so far it seems like a good sporty tire to have for the money.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Just put '016s on the Buell and they're great! Great feedback from the front, but I noticed the turn-in takes a bit more effort than the Pilot Powers do... they do feel very planted though and I like the overall feel. Haven't taken them down a twisty road yet, but I heard only good things about grip (apparently the '016s are very popular right now around here).

I paid $290 for the set with installation and balancing.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Another noticeable "plus" I find for these tires is their stability on the freeway. It's been a week now since getting them mounted and my freeway commute is much smoother.

sirius619

motorcycle trips n' stuff
Reaction score
spokesmenmoto.com
Just put '016s on the Buell and they're great! Great feedback from the front, but I noticed the turn-in takes a bit more effort than the Pilot Powers do... they do feel very planted though and I like the overall feel. Haven't taken them down a twisty road yet, but I heard only good things about grip (apparently the '016s are very popular right now around here).

I paid $290 for the set with installation and balancing.

agreed!!! just switched from the PP 2CT's to the 016's, the turn in feels slower but the grip and level of response from the front is great.

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to order mine Sat. from Cycle Gear. At 10% off, and with cheaper mounting & balancing, it evens the price out w/o having to order & wait as long.

That's what I did...I think I ended up be out about $350 for the set M&B, Road Hazard the whole deal. :thumbup:

fzsnuh

Reaction score
Visit site
I got to try my new BT016's out during my first trackday. I mounted them last Monday and the track day was Sunday. I really enjoyed leaning into corners with these tires and giving the bike throttle as it accelerated off of corners. My first track day was a blast :thumbup:

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
Well, I said screw the rain and got my clean bike a little dirty this morning. I wanted to get some miles on these treads! lol. So here's my first impression, after ~27 miles:

Turn-in: definitly not riding on a knife-edge like the Continental Road Attacks! Turn-in requires much more effort, but not bad by any means. Still less effort than the Michelin Pilot Roads. That said, I wasn't really able to corner uyet since they're brand new. I leaned them a little bit, and I suspect that as you start turning, they'll turn in real nicely.

Ride: Smoother than the RoadAttacks, but not quite as smooth as the Roads.

Traction: It was raining and they're fresh, so stay tuned... I can't wait to get in the twisties! Go away rain!

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com

zixxerboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Are all of guys buying the FZ6 specific tire? I noticed on one website (motovan) that the BattleAxes 020's are priced differently based on the bike they fit. Is that the same with the 016's?

Example 020 fornt & rear were about 100$ more for a pair fitting the FZ6 than a pair for the Triumph sprint. Same model same size just diff $ for diff bike.

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
I just bought whatever one Cycle Gear ordered for me. I can't honestly say I know what difference it makes if you buy a bike-model specific :confused: I've never bought one...

Don't waste your money on the BT-020's...