Bridgestone BT016 Review

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was meaning to give another of my $.02 on these tires.

I've also got around 5k on them now, and they're squaring off worse than ony other tire I've owned (quite a few). I'll try something a little harder compound next time, like the BT-021's or the Pilot Road 2's. That said, I don't think this tire can be beat if all you run is twisties. I'd buy them again in a heartbeat if I wasn't commuting daily.

Same here. I'm going with Dunlop Roadsmarts for my next set. These seem to get the thumbs up for higher mileage tires.

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
Thought I'd post some pics of my worn out BT-016's. They have 5,200 miles on them.

Front:

Rear:

notice the flat bottom on the "U" shape instead of being rounded... That sucked, worst of any tire I've run.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it depends on how you ride them... as you stated, for twisties use, they are amazing tires and don't square off as badly... or at least mine haven't after 4000+ miles, but they did follow a precise and regimented shredding schedule and I don't commute on my bike anymore :D

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
BT016s after a run down a twisty road (from this morning)... STICKY!!!!

4198675792_9151f49d5c_b.jpg

4197922173_be4e4919e4_b.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
BT016s after a run down a twisty road (from this morning)... STICKY!!!!

4198675792_9151f49d5c_b.jpg

4197922173_be4e4919e4_b.jpg

Yeah I rode with Wavex and 2 other guys from our forum today. They all had the 016's. Have to admit I would have felt a little more secure on the 016's today instead of the 021's but the 021's never failed me. The 016's felt so much stickier today so that will be my next tire.

Thanks

04efi

Reaction score
Visit site
Thought I'd post some pics of my worn out BT-016's. They have 5,200 miles on them.

Front:

Rear:

notice the flat bottom on the "U" shape instead of being rounded... That sucked, worst of any tire I've run.

Thats not worn out yet. I don't see metal.... :BLAA:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Figured I would add to this thread instead of making a new one.

I have had my BT016's all season, 3,300 miles on them so far and they are almost worn out!

I ride mostly twisty country roads with occasional highway. I ride spirited at times but nothing any sport rider would call a fast pace.

I'm disappointed that these tires area already touching the wear bars up front on the sides and in the center of the rear @ 3,300 miles. Even the Pirelli Diablo SuperSports I had on last made it close to 5,000 miles!

That said, the handling has been excellent and the grip when leaned over is top notch. I just think the tire should last a little longer than 3,500 miles in street use.

FZ6_Dude

FZ6 Corner Carver
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll throw my ride report in on these tires... I had a new set last about 5600 miles with 2 track weekends out of them as well... the sides still had plenty of tread on the rear but i wore out the center commutting back and forth... around town and back to work... took the rear to the metal... the front however has worn very evenly and still has plenty of life left... I threw a new rear on a few weeks ago and it looks like i should have no problem getting 1 front to two rears on these tires... i had no slippage issues rain or shine; track or backroad riding these tires they are hands down just awesome... now they did recommend adding pressure to the tires front and rear for straightline extended riding to prolong center life in the tires... i did that about half the time and it seemed to extend it more than others are experiencing so id say if you are commutting on these tires... add about 3-5lbs of pressure to the tires and it will help the life... keeping track of tire pressure really will help with the life on these tires... people getting 2-3k miles should not be getting that unless they are just running straight twisties and track and wearing out the sides first...

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
On the streets I run the 016's at 37-38psi front and rear... no traction issues (as you can tell by the pics above) and running them at these pressures lengthened their life by quite a lot for me (5.5k vs 4k)... they aged much better as well (no flat spot on my last set, but I had to check pressures and adjust every 4-6 weeks). If you don't keep them inflated to 35+ you will have a flat spot quite quickly.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll throw my ride report in on these tires... I had a new set last about 5600 miles with 2 track weekends out of them as well... the sides still had plenty of tread on the rear but i wore out the center commutting back and forth... around town and back to work... took the rear to the metal... the front however has worn very evenly and still has plenty of life left... I threw a new rear on a few weeks ago and it looks like i should have no problem getting 1 front to two rears on these tires... i had no slippage issues rain or shine; track or backroad riding these tires they are hands down just awesome... now they did recommend adding pressure to the tires front and rear for straightline extended riding to prolong center life in the tires... i did that about half the time and it seemed to extend it more than others are experiencing so id say if you are commutting on these tires... add about 3-5lbs of pressure to the tires and it will help the life... keeping track of tire pressure really will help with the life on these tires... people getting 2-3k miles should not be getting that unless they are just running straight twisties and track and wearing out the sides first...

What PSI do you run?

I've kept mine at 33 psi front, 35 rear and I'm only 160 lbs in all my gear. 3,500 miles and the sides of the front tire are on the wear bars. I ride 75% twisties enough to lean the bike over to less than 1/2" chicken strips about 20 times a day on my daily commute. Apparently that's enough to wear em fast! I also believe that rough asphalt and record heat this summer in my area is killing these super fast.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
On the streets I run the 016's at 37-38psi front and rear... no traction issues (as you can tell by the pics above) and running them at these pressures lengthened their life by quite a lot for me (5.5k vs 4k)... they aged much better as well (no flat spot on my last set, but I had to check pressures and adjust every 4-6 weeks). If you don't keep them inflated to 35+ you will have a flat spot quite quickly.

This may be my issue...checking pressures now....stand by....

I'm at 32F/36R but that's with the bike sitting in the sun and it's 95 degrees outside...may be hotter than the tires run while riding!

Last edited:

FZ6_Dude

FZ6 Corner Carver
Reaction score
Visit site
I run mine at 38F/39-40R but im 230lbs w/gear... no cupping or flat spots in the front or rear... and obviously when im at the track i run in the low 30's on psi and have no issues...