Bridgestone BT016 Review

fzinger

Urban Cowboy
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got about 2300 miles on my set. These tires are probably the best first mod you can make if you've got stock tires. They're probably all I'll buy from now on. Buy them. You won't regret it.

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
got just over 1k miles on my new BT016's and can't say enough good things about them. So much better than stock, haven't run anything else so I don't know how they compare to others but they are so awesome, the ultimate comparo for me was done on Geiger grade her in the Reno/Sparks area, also known as the run to VC (virginia city) Its about 20 miles of the knarliest twisties around, and I went from getting left in the dust by my buddy on his cbr600, to outrunning him and almost griding peg the whole way up! And that's peg without feelers either. I mean really a night and day difference...I would say likely my favorite mod to the bike so far, and that's with all my cosmetic mods plus two bros, cat elim, PCIII, -1 front +2 rear 520 conversion, so there's a lot of good mods in the running lol.

geetarhero

Reaction score
Visit site
Trying to decide between some shinko 005s and these. The BTs are $50 more, and will wear quicker + need warming up.

How long does it take to warm these tires up? what all is involved in warming a tire up?

cws6fan

Parrothead
Reaction score
Visit site
Just picked up a set for $228.90 shipped :D Couldn't find them cheaper locally (even considering reduced mouting costs)

Southwest Moto Tires: BT016

Dang it, I didn't even try arizonamoto. I just ordered mine, last Sunday, from Cycle Sector at $239.00, shipped. I'll think I'll remember to check arizonamoto next time.

Thanks Nate.:thumbup:

Morcs

Reaction score
Visit site
Whos got the highest mileage on a set so far?

I got sick of replacing a rear every 2500 miles on my TLS, want a tyre that will at least triple that - on 600's, PP 2CTs are great, except when pushing Supersport lap times on the track, then that rear starts letting go under gas.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
I'm getting a set this Saturday for $275 since my rear got a flat and my front is worn raw.

I'm transitioning from Dunlop Qualifiers to the BT-016. I'll write a review after I hopefully hit the track in August.

cws6fan

Parrothead
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll give a little review of the BT-016's. I'll set it up like this. I took the bike to have the BT-016's put on, on Wednesday night, left it overnight and picked it up the next day with fresh rubber on the front and rear.

Friday, I left for The Gap for a Kentucky-Sportbikes.com meet. I never took the Tuono out of the trailer until I arrived at the Deals Gap Resort. After arriving I met up with some of the others and unloaded. We geared up and took off up the hill. Just barely into the run we started getting sprinkles on the helmets. Just a little further the skies opened up and it was pouring down rain.

I thought, "That's real good, here I am on probably the curviest road in the US on brand new tires and it's raining." I did slow a little, but the Bridgestones never gave up for a second.

I've had Dunlops, Michelins (PP and 2CT) and I have to say I like the way the Bridgestones feel better than any of the others. If these will last 5,000 - 6,000 miles, I have found my tire of choice.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Got over 1000 miles on them now and they rock!

One thing I noticed though is that they "ball up" pretty badly in warm weather... the sides of my tires almost look like I came off the track after a nice ride on Saturday... crazy! Let's see how that translate into mileage and wear pattern...

MRGM

Reaction score
Visit site
Last week I put another set of the 016's on the bike. I had 5000 miles on the old set, and had just gotten to the wear bars in the middle of the rear tire.

There's no way I could go 2 fronts to 1 rear with these, after the middle of the rear, the front tire about halfway to the edges was going to hit the wear bars next. After getting the new set on, I could tell how far off the profile of the tires were from new. Turn in had become sluggish and stiff, and the bike wouldn't hold the line in a turn without a lot of input to the bars.

Great thing about these tires is the way they slide when you push a little past the limits. The slide is progressive and smooth, when the tire hooks up again it doesn't feel like it's trying to throw you off (unless you push it a little too far :eek:) If you're really feeling sporty, drop the PSI to 30 in both the front and rear, let the tires get up to temp, and you can drag a knee and some hard parts without trouble (don't go riding for more than 30 minutes or so with the pressure that low).

I'm going to change tires around the 4500 mile mark when I change the oil from now on.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Now I have about 1,300 miles on them...98% twisty roads...I love these tires.

3763931077_2ec98d412b_b.jpg

Basically no chicken strips left on the front either :eek: Never done that before...must be the profile.
3763939495_21813b0e95_b.jpg

I ran them at 35 front and 37 rear cold with camping gear on back. They got a little greasy when the temps were over 100F and we were railing hard, but other than that they were flawless. I will continue using these so long as I get decent mileage. They appear to be wearing really fast on the edges but it's nice to have that grip in reserve.

gearheadstu

Reaction score
Visit site
Defy, I've had the same experience. When I ran Diablo Stradas, I never got anywhere near the edges of the front tire.

On the BT016s, I've got them scuffed to within 2 or 3mm of the edge.

Love these tires!

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a little over 5000 miles on mine now. The front is cupping but the rear is still in decent shape. You can really lean on these for sure.

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
I was meaning to give another of my $.02 on these tires.

I've also got around 5k on them now, and they're squaring off worse than ony other tire I've owned (quite a few). I'll try something a little harder compound next time, like the BT-021's or the Pilot Road 2's. That said, I don't think this tire can be beat if all you run is twisties. I'd buy them again in a heartbeat if I wasn't commuting daily.