Bits stolen

It was me, i did it.... trying to build a FZ6 because i can't afford one atm... figured tank bolts would be the best place to start... :rolleyes::spank::ban:

Thanks yall.

I found one bolt under the tank :eek:
So I inspected the other radiator bolts and found them loose. Loctite applied.:D

Are there any other bolts I should be looking out for? I know about the fender, that is fine. But what other bolts routinely come off?

(I still think Pretoria is like Mogadishu. Ok, a young and upcoming Mogadishu.)

It was me, i did it.... trying to build a FZ6 because i can't afford one atm... figured tank bolts would be the best place to start... :rolleyes::spank::ban:

Reminds me of this. . .
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHniL8MyMM]Johnny Cash One Piece At A Time - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks yall.

I found one bolt under the tank :eek:
So I inspected the other radiator bolts and found them loose. Loctite applied.:D

Are there any other bolts I should be looking out for? I know about the fender, that is fine. But what other bolts routinely come off?

(I still think Pretoria is like Mogadishu. Ok, a young and upcoming Mogadishu.)

Unless you want to die, i'd check them all!
Referring to axles, brakes, and important things like that.

All fairing bolts are suspect, look at the blinker supports. Mainly give the bike a good thorough once over. . .

Periodically, you should hand tighten every bolt you can get to.
Don't go crazy when you tighten.
You'll find that bolts like the ones that go into the crank case cover are loose by a few mm's.
Fairing bolts, header bolts......

Cotter pins on your calipers. I remember someone saying theirs were stolen by disgruntled youth and their brake pads fell out, when most likely they just loosened themselves..

Back