Big problem at Walmart - anybody have legal experience?

NearOn

Reaction score
Visit site
Blimey that was an interesting read, the manager sounds like an idiot, and cant speak to customers like that. However in my experience, night shifts can turn people strange. Not an excuse though. I doubt it will come to anything, probs just get an apology from their customer service and that they will address the issue, the usual crap.

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
agreed the guy sounds like an idiot, and a hot-head, with a horrible dead-end
job, in a gun-nut state....I wouldn't wouldn't mess with a man's livelihood under
these circumstances over a $20 video game

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
blah..i agree with a lot of people on this thread..tough call dude

on one hand, the tolerant approach is great..just think of it as you learned something about people today and move on...try not to perpetuate..less headaches for everybody, really.

on the other hand, this idiot sounds like someone who is gonna leave from work all angry and get in his car... and just for fun, mess with someone in traffic, possibly a biker just because he is unarguably bigger and stronger in his car and he just needed to take his anger out on somebody..

anyway, the bottomline is, you wont change this guy suddenly by punishing him with law..but you may change his job status..which may be good for someone who actually deserves that job and very bad for his wife, kids etc. like someone else said..

Last edited:

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
can't believe this thread has gone this far. don't we all know that the bully is always the real victim? we should always think about how holding the bully accountable will ruin the bullies life. all the rest of us should be thankful our lives aren't so bad as to turn us into bullies.

if i were a DM i would want to know if one of my employees were acting this way. that way i'd know to bring them cake and ice cream, along with a stuffed teddy bear and a big hug. that's all they really need. right?

have we really become this society?

**just incase someone is slow on the uptake... the first two paragraphs are said with a HEALTHY dose of sarcasm.**

Last edited:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Out of curiosity, how did you react to his comments, actions? Was there any way you could have handled it differently? Always easier to asses AFTER the event, of course. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Freaking Wal-Mart....Hotline will get rid of them, thats how we got rid of ours pretty much in our area. The problem with our Wal-mart is that all the managers went to school together including the DM and ganged up on employees eventually it was called in by an associate and had them investigate it for a month or so and literally got rid of over half the managers or transferred them away from one another. Fight the good fight. This sh** shouldn't fly.

Lowe

Reaction score
Visit site
can't believe this thread has gone this far. don't we all know that the bully is always the real victim? we should always think about how holding the bully accountable will ruin the bullies life. all the rest of us should be thankful our lives aren't so bad as to turn us into bullies.

if i were a DM i would want to know if one of my employees were acting this way. that way i'd know to bring them cake and ice cream, along with a stuffed teddy bear and a big hug. that's all they really need. right?

have we really become this society?

How I wish the world had a conscious such as yours

kyle

Reaction score
Visit site
There's just something about someone treating you as though you are stealing from them that works the blood to a boil. I'm surprised you had any trouble returning the game. Did you have a receipt?

It does seem that video games are treated as a special case in most department stores. You would think they had gold bars lying around with those things. It's increasingly frustrating to have to ask for an employee to open a case to purchase one, etc., especially as the demographic of us folk playing them ages.

I had a situation at a store where I had purchased something that granted me a $20 off coupon. The literature for the coupon allowed a $20 off like merchandise or accessories related to it. I go back and buy a $25 item with it, and the cashier refused to believe that the coupon was legitimate (seemed crazy to him that my coupon was letting me walk off with a $25 item for $5). Scanned the thing, the computer accepted it, he then doubted it and asked two other cashiers their opinion, they all looked over the coupon and what I was buying and agreed it was ok, but then he still doubted it and called a store manager over, while in the meantime the line is backing up like crazy.

Long story short, I end up getting very frustrated and call and bitch for a while to the store manager when I got home. The manager was apologetic and explained that they've had some cashiers get in trouble for accepting fraudulent coupons, etc. (which angered me even more at the time), but in the end it didn't really make me feel any better.

In fact, it's really a convenient store for me to just run in and grab something, but I avoid it now, as I feel like a total douche bag about calling and bitching about that guy (different situation, though, he didn't call me names). In the grand scheme of things, what does it matter that I had to wait a few minutes to save $20 on something? There are much, much larger problems in the world.

Point is, despite my own personal frustrations with these types of situations, sometimes it really is best to let it go. The true test of compassion is extending it to those that are seemingly undeserving.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know what you mean !! I get my groceries at Brookshires,and do my dept store shopping at Sears, I get my lawn and garden at Tractor supply and i will add this too, the things I buy from them are FAR Better quality also ... :thumbup: :thumbup: :BLAA:

Our closest Target is adding full-on groceries, should be ready this weekend. They are across the street from CostCo, and diagonal from a Sam's so I'm hoping the prices will be very good.

TAPnTX

Reaction score
Visit site
Since Walmart hears and and sees all, I would ask them to review the Video of the situation. I am sure it is recorded.

Todd

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
In my retail experience that manager should have been fired instantly. Thats just unacceptable at a professional level. Under no circumstances do you have the right to talk to a customer like that.

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
This man works at Walmart. F***ing WALMART. trust me bro, however bad the situation is for you..... It's probably 10 times worse for him. He is about 50 right..... Well this is probably the top of the ladder for him. He's done. His life has topped out and has nothing else to offer him. He knows how miserable is is. and that is probably why he is trying to make other people feel miserable. The ugly truth is.... you should feel sorry for him. I know I do. If he gets fired, he might as well kill himself..... What else if he gonna do? go work at target?

Anyway you got your money back. It's over forget about it.

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
In regards to somebody saying it might be the "fork lift driver", he had a tag on that said "Scott - Customer Service Manager".

I called the 1-800 number for Walmart the second they opened and some 60 year old woman picked up the phone, did the "oh my, I understand" 50 times, wrote down everything I said, and told me I would hear back within 3-4 business days. She said it was forwarded to the Store Manager and the DM. Now, if I was this guy, I would just say "that never happened" so I asked the woman what my options were if I wasn't satisfied with the outcome and she said I could call back as many times as I needed and they would keep going up the food chain until I was happy. So I guess we'll see what happens.

Edit - Yes, I still have the receipt for the game and pictures of the case, but they were taken AFTER he had already messed with it. Funny thing is, even though he ripped it even more, it's STILL not that bad and there is STILL no way I could have taken the game out of it. I'll post a pic in a second.

Last edited:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Frankly, I think that a formal, written complaint (and possibly "CC'd" to a 2nd person) carries more weight and will raise more eyebrows. JMHO. I used to be a CSR for Sprint and I can't tell you how many times the effort that a very unhappy customer puts forth with a CSR on the phone just doesn't get any traction. Sometimes, (if not often) the CSR doesn't even input any information on a notescreen or somewhere regarding the problem or issue. You call in a second time and get a different CSR, and it's starting ALL OVER again explaining the problem.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In regards to somebody saying it might be the "fork lift driver", he had a tag on that said "Scott - Customer Service Manager".

I called the 1-800 number for Walmart the second they opened and some 60 year old woman picked up the phone, did the "oh my, I understand" 50 times, wrote down everything I said, and told me I would hear back within 3-4 business days. She said it was forwarded to the Store Manager and the DM. Now, if I was this guy, I would just say "that never happened" so I asked the woman what my options were if I wasn't satisfied with the outcome and she said I could call back as many times as I needed and they would keep going up the food chain until I was happy. So I guess we'll see what happens.

Edit - Yes, I still have the receipt for the game and pictures of the case, but they were taken AFTER he had already messed with it. Funny thing is, even though he ripped it even more, it's STILL not that bad and there is STILL no way I could have taken the game out of it. I'll post a pic in a second.

Spank me with a wooden spoon! Now I wanna know how you knew she was 60 years old? And maybe what the significance might be?

I like Tailgate's input on this. Do the paperwork....:rockon:

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
this guy was at LEAST 50 years old

"young ladies next to us" (45 year old fat employees)

some 60 year old woman picked up the phone

WTF is the need for this ? people over the age of 40 still need,
and are capable of employment...I'd a thrown your azz out the store too...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
WTF is the need for this ? people over the age of 40 still need,
and are capable of employment...I'd a thrown your azz out the store too...

Exactly I saw another post here that has relegated people over 50 to the glue factory! Step to me!!!! :Flip:

You'd be surprised at how many people smell a hater! You should open your mind and heart so you'll feel better about your self. The air you breath will be more nourishing to you and a it'll put bounce in your step. You might not even need Geritol by the time your 40!

I hope I'm not offending anyone with this but you might think about how offensive it might feel to some people to feel like they're turned out to pasture and are no longer valued by society because they've reached the age of 50 or because they work for Wally World.

C'mon son! Hahaha :rof:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I do beleive this topic has run its course.... I will give this advise..... Say what you need to say during a confrontation,and don't leave until you are satisfied or threatened to be incarcerated,stabbed,shot,or beaten unconscious.... this is not the way to handle things by telling on someone and getting them fired.... I could'nt live with myself if I had to get someone else to defend my honor.

Last edited:

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
Uh, what? I estimated her age to be descriptive, not to talk ****. You guys seem to be going out of your way to look for something to complain about - I need to "open my heart and mind"? They can "smell a hater"? What kind of crap is this? The guy called me a faggot when I was nothing but polite to him.

I said the employees next to him were 45 because I thought it was funny that he called them "young ladies" acting like my arguing with him was corrupting the youthful store employees.

I stated the CS Manager was that old because it was ridiculous that he acted like such a child.

I stated that the woman on the phone was old because she had a very hard time hearing me, kept calling me "Scott" when that was the guy I was complaining about, was very obviously struggling to keep up while typing, and did not seem able to understand the issue outside of reading what was on a script in front of her. It was not an insult, it was a descriptive statement - you will generally have a different experience talking with a 25 year old CS rep than you would with a 65 year old CS rep. Yes, there are exceptions, but it is generally the case. How is this relevant, anyways? I am out of line for complaining about, again, a CUSTOMER SERVICE Manager calling me a faggot because I included three ages in the posts? Clearly me doing that shows that I was out of line and deserved to be insulted by management.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
lets not get panties in a bunch everyone.. if you called him out on him being a dick, then said and done.. hopefully the guy will just get a stern talking to and learn a lesson about propper customer service.. as for getting him fired and what not, i dont think thats what EX is going for.. as for gettting called names.. its just words comming from someone who is obviously upset with life..