Big problem at Walmart - anybody have legal experience?

LunchBox04V

That Subaru Guy
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree. I am not one to try and hold on to things... For the most part, but again this is unacceptable behavior for a person, let alone a customer service manager. From the corporate view, this guy is a massive liablity. Even if he was demoted, there will be a record of what he "said"(I know it is, unfortunately, an unrecorded statement). If he said something like that to another customer, and that customer got a lawyer and did a little digging..... BAAM. Massive suite because now the guy has a history of "verbal/harassing behavior, and sexual discrimination". If I was in corporate, I would say that we could not afford to keep an employee like that.

Ok, and that Flight Attendant is a hot button for me. I am in the airline business, and **** will happen. But that guy is an idiot of an extreme caliber. I wish he went to jail. At least have to pay for the slide he popped ($20,000 just for the slide, not to mention installation). I can't believe he has such a large Facebook following.... I would be very displeased if one of my FA's did that. But I digress... Lol

At least make sure there is a record at corporate. Hopefully, they will do the right thing from there.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
I used to work in retail. The way you were treated was insane. Here's who you contact : The store manager, the district manager, and any corporate slob you can get a hold of. If the store manager does nothing, the DM will. And contacting corporate will probably do nothing, unless there's other complaints about that store.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Funny thing is he might have just been the fork lift driver someone sent out to make you go away. I can't imagine he was a manager.
I agree with Kenny you may not find the best crew at 4 am. In my book none of this should have ever happened.

I would go to another "Wally World" or go to that store on a different shift.

His management should be notified of his behavior if for nothing else, for his own or other people's safety because I've seen people say, "you frontin", and the next thing that person is out on the floor because the other person wasn't "frontin"

This person is clearly challenged and really shouldn't be in that position until he grows a little.

Last edited:

fz6pat

Reaction score
Visit site
I used to work in retail. The way you were treated was insane. Here's who you contact : The store manager, the district manager, and any corporate slob you can get a hold of. If the store manager does nothing, the DM will. And contacting corporate will probably do nothing, unless there's other complaints about that store.

+1

However, I disagree that contacting corporate will probably do nothing. I would make sure to send a letter to corporate. Don't worry about getting him fired. If he has had prior complaints he will probably be fired, not your problem. If nothing else, he will get further training and hopefuilly not repeat this behavior to someone else. I recently retired after 35 years in automotive retail and service. No excuse for his behavior....even if you were "fronting" him, whatever that means. In customer service you must learn to NEVER take it personal. Sounds to me like him calling you a name, in front of witnesses, could result in a cash settlement, if that is what you want. If that was one of my employees I would have to remove him from that position. Will be interested to see how this turns out. Wouldn't hold the behavior of one employee against the whole company, especially one the size of Wally World.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i used to do contractor work for wally world.. that guy is probably on his last leg.. any little thing that someone does there means big consequences for them.. as for him calling you names and acting like that.. very un-professional.. if you know the dm for the store (or any other for that matter) just give them a call and tell them you want an appology from that cs manager... when they sit him down in a room with you, the dm, and the regional (most of the time the regional will come in) you'll get a very tear filled appology and an explination something along the lines of "it was really early in the morning and i was off my meds" or something like that.. let us know what happens...

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
The smart thing to do would have been to leave the store after the first altercation and returned during regular store hours.

As for a lawyer they have video and you admitted on this forum that you lied. Let it go and even the jerk at wall mart needs to feed his family.

Last edited:

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
Let it go and even the jerk at wall mart needs to feed his family.

Then he should have thought of that before he ran his mouth. He brought it on himself now he needs to pay the consequences. If no action is taken, do you know what he takes from it? I can act this way to customers and not catch any grief. That is not the right mindset and I'm pretty sure walmart would agree.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
+1

However, I disagree that contacting corporate will probably do nothing. I would make sure to send a letter to corporate. Don't worry about getting him fired. If he has had prior complaints he will probably be fired, not your problem. If nothing else, he will get further training and hopefuilly not repeat this behavior to someone else. I recently retired after 35 years in automotive retail and service. No excuse for his behavior....even if you were "fronting" him, whatever that means. In customer service you must learn to NEVER take it personal. Sounds to me like him calling you a name, in front of witnesses, could result in a cash settlement, if that is what you want. If that was one of my employees I would have to remove him from that position. Will be interested to see how this turns out. Wouldn't hold the behavior of one employee against the whole company, especially one the size of Wally World.

Well said.

I can understand that sometimes it's tough interacting with customers. He probably had a bunch of pent up anger, and blew up at the wrong person. Especially from the sound of it, the OP wasn't even being difficult! Just the same, if that dude couldn't handle it, he should've either : 1. Just taken the game back. 2. Just walked away. I learned quickly, sometimes it's better to just eat the return(even if it's not legit), and deal with upper management later, than to sit there and escalate the situation with the customer. This is generally speaking of course, as the OP was doing nothing wrong, and everything was legit. And all stores will take back games that are unopened. Maybe the dude thought it was stolen or something. Still no excuse for that BS behavior!

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
looked up fronting, according to Urban Dictionary, it's the
act of pretending you have clout, when in fact you don't,
for the purpose impressing, or insulting others....

pretending you have a personal relationship with the DM
and speed dialing him in the middle of the night for the
purposes of getting a night manager's decision overturned
could easily be construed as an act of "fronting"

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
found the definition for Frontin ... :BLAA: Urban Dictionary: Frontin Gangsta slang. To lie constantly and outlandishly, typically to impress or in some way deceive others to maintain/generate a certain image.
"Man, did you ever notice how frontin Valen is"

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, yet another reason to shop Target instead.

I know what you mean !! I get my groceries at Brookshires,and do my dept store shopping at Sears, I get my lawn and garden at Tractor supply and i will add this too, the things I buy from them are FAR Better quality also ... :thumbup: :thumbup: :BLAA:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
looked up fronting, according to Urban Dictionary, it's the
act of pretending you have clout, when in fact you don't,
for the purpose impressing, or insulting others....

pretending you have a personal relationship with the DM
and speed dialing him in the middle of the night for the
purposes of getting a night manager's decision overturned
could easily be construed as an act of "fronting"

Exactly!
In addition acting like you bring something to the game in a confrontation.
If it's not a poker game......:rolleyes:
Now step to me!:eek:

I love this forum! You peeps are the best!

Last edited:

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
WOW. I am sure that the way you painted this picture is not exactly how things went down. I mean you already admitted that you lied to him. That said, if you remove any embellishments, or absences of other facts contributed by you, this man needs to be reported. The outcome is irrelevant. If they don't can him and he treats others this way, the store will suffer for it. I am sure you will never shop there again. Just report this incident, and then live your life.

Now as far as those members that said to just let it go. The ones who said stuff like, "maybe he was having a bad night" "He needs to feed his family to" "what if he goes home and beats his wife". None of the is his responsibility. This CS manager is a grown man and needs to be able to control his actions regardless.

IT is like saying that if a cop was standing on the corner while you were being robed, and did nothing about it. You would not report the cops inaction because he might have just been to tired, bad nights sleep ore something.

Ever wonder why customer service is not what it use to, or why nothing gets done about stupid $h!t in government. Well it is because to many people are so apathetic that they would just let this go and not report him.

My God people you don't have to go around kicking the crap out of people, but this is one of those time you need to use responsible means to stand up for yourself.

END RANT
PS How did everything turn out with reporting him?

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Man I'm old. Never even heard of fronting let alone what it means.

Now Fagot would get him a punch in the nose or close to it.