Bi-Xenon projector with angel eye installed

1990dtgl98

Reaction score
Visit site
I do have one more question. Say I wanted to go to a 4300K color temperature as opposed to what they come with at 6k.

Are the bulbs the same as the socket they drop into? AKA is one an H4 bulb and the other an H7, or do they use some standard HID bulb such as a D2S/D1S bulb?

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The kits come with the bulb size matched to the type of HID projector that you order. Example: H4 HID projector kit comes with H4 bulb of the color that you pick. The NewComDigi web page shows 6000K only, but the guy asked me in an email what color bulbs I wanted. So, I'm guessing he may have the color you want.

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
I do have one more question. Say I wanted to go to a 4300K color temperature as opposed to what they come with at 6k.

Are the bulbs the same as the socket they drop into? AKA is one an H4 bulb and the other an H7, or do they use some standard HID bulb such as a D2S/D1S bulb?

The bulbs that go into the projector is a D2S-bulb with the wiring stuck to it. In other words, no: The bulbs are neither H7, H4, etc. You can go for a normal D2S-bulb in the future, but then it's necessary to get a thingy like this:

content_adapter1.jpg

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry, seems I was thrown off by the connected wire plugs and looking at this part of the web page I ordered from:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The bulbs that go into the projector is a D2S-bulb with the wiring stuck to it. In other words, no: The bulbs are neither H7, H4, etc. You can go for a normal D2S-bulb in the future, but then it's necessary to get a thingy like this:

content_adapter1.jpg

Hey Capo, that plug shown in your post......would it fit in the HID socket (pictured on the first post of this thread)?........or was that just a generic picture for what you were saying?

htdub

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Capo, that plug shown in your post......would it fit in the HID socket (pictured on the first post of this thread)?........or was that just a generic picture for what you were saying?

That's a oem type d2s or d2r cable.

pichudot

Reaction score
Visit site
hi there, you got yourself some nice HIDs cum angel eyes... but from your eBay link, it seems that it was closed... wonder could someone kind enough to let me know the eBayer ID so that i can look into his/her store? thanks!

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hi there, you got yourself some nice HIDs cum angel eyes... but from your eBay link, it seems that it was closed... wonder could someone kind enough to let me know the eBayer ID so that i can look into his/her store? thanks!

hiking1978

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
All done. SICKEST MOD EVER! Huge improvement at night! I need to fine tune the horizontal aiming a little to get rid of a dark spot we created by screwing with the adjustments and had to aim the housings WAY down from stock, but all is good. I do not recommend this mod if you are not freaking good at wiring. It is a wiring nightmare but worth it.

Pics tomorrow.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
All done. SICKEST MOD EVER! Huge improvement at night! I need to fine tune the horizontal aiming a little to get rid of a dark spot we created by screwing with the adjustments and had to aim the housings WAY down from stock, but all is good. I do not recommend this mod if you are not freaking good at wiring. It is a wiring nightmare but worth it.

Pics tomorrow.

If you need help with the aiming, check out my "How To" on aiming HID headlights. It's taken from aiming cars, but works pretty good with this mod.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-tos/17300-how-aim-hid-headlights.html

These aiming steps worked gret for me and mine needed a LOT of adjustment! Don't just stick these lights in and assume they are aimed....they are NOT! You need to adjust them to get the maximum benifit from them (and to not blind oncoming traffic!).

htdub

Reaction score
Visit site

Pics tomorrow.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to doing this mod, soon as my headlights arrive.

I've got the cable for the dual BD034 headlight mod, would I use that cable to get dual low beams and dual high beams?

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to doing this mod, soon as my headlights arrive.

I've got the cable for the dual BD034 headlight mod, would I use that cable to get dual low beams and dual high beams?

Yes, the Bikerdude headlight mod will greatly help with wiring, but there is a considerable amount of other wiring required.

here's pics of my job.

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site

Not sure how Mr. Krid wired his up, but I had the dual headlight mod prior to going HID, and the wiring is totally different.

I basically used the stock low beam wiring to activate two relays wired directly into the battery (HIDs use lower power than stock low beams, but will initially draw a little higher 'til warmed up). The stock high beam circuit is powerful enough to drive the shutters used to open up the full on beam pattern.

I used Infiniti G35 projectors/ballasts, so I didn't have the "angel eye" function to power, but I imagine that could come off the low beam circuit too.

P.S. While you're in there, definitely add the pod lamps. Very little extra effort for very nice effect.

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Not sure how Mr. Krid wired his up, but I had the dual headlight mod prior to going HID, and the wiring is totally different.

I basically used the stock low beam wiring to activate two relays wired directly into the battery (HIDs use lower power than stock low beams, but will initially draw a little higher 'til warmed up). The stock high beam circuit is powerful enough to drive the shutters used to open up the full on beam pattern.

I used Infiniti G35 projectors/ballasts, so I didn't have the "angel eye" function to power, but I imagine that could come off the low beam circuit too.

P.S. While you're in there, definitely add the pod lamps. Very little extra effort for very nice effect.

Since these kits are designed to replace H4 and H7 bulbs, the BD43 wiring certainly helps. I wired my angel eyes to the blue switched power from the oem blinkers (like most people wire pod lights). The H4 hid kit is pretty well plug and play. It has a H4 male plug to access power for low and high beams to control the relay and shutter. Other than that, a constant power and ground are needed.

The H7 side is pretty tricky. I cut off the plug from my factory harness and soldered in the supplied adapter to add high beam to the H7 wiring. (If you have the kit in front of you, you'll know what I mean.) The I cut the high beam positive and negative from the new harness and added in the two wires for high beam that run the H7 side's new high beam function.

All the positives and grounds I soldered together and then ran a single positive and single ground through the hole in the frame to the battery.

Solder is your friend, but heatshrink is your best friend! Use heatshrink! Have fun hiding wires! There is a lot to hide.