Bi-Xenon projector with angel eye installed

Oliver

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it not possible to fit OEM projectors without removing the reflectors?

Another thing I've been wondering is if you can make both lights into low/high beam or if they both have separate functions?

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it not possible to fit OEM projectors without removing the reflectors?
You could, but you'd have to cut openings in the reflectors big enough to get the projectors through.

Another thing I've been wondering is if you can make both lights into low/high beam or if they both have separate functions?
With halogen? Some people have modified an H4 bulb to get it to fit the H7 socket on the left side, giving you high and low on both sides. You'll have to do a little wiring modification. There was a thread not to long ago comparing the light output from thee BD-43 dual low beam mod, a dual H4 mod, and OEM projector retro.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Quick question, it says the bulb is "built in," does that mean you cannot remove it? What if it burns out?

yoka

Reaction score
Visit site
Guys,.... this is AWOOOOSOOOOMMEEEE

Though i dig the one side mod, looks sick and wierd. remind me of BMW assymetric bikes.

Anywho, i'll depend on the info here to do my first mod on my bike.

Problem is.... i've never did any mods, i've never soldered or spliced wires, i'll just take a shoot at it and bug you guys for help.

i'll start ordering the stuff.

one question though. IF, and only IF i'm able to mod the reflector to host H4 on both sides, should i only buy the H4 and both sides will be Hi/Lo?

At some point above i read that the H7 here is also Hi/Lo!!! is that true, so then what is the difference between both kits?

thanks Gozilla for this great mod.

Cheers

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Guys,.... this is AWOOOOSOOOOMMEEEE

Though i dig the one side mod, looks sick and wierd. remind me of BMW assymetric bikes.

Anywho, i'll depend on the info here to do my first mod on my bike.

Problem is.... i've never did any mods, i've never soldered or spliced wires, i'll just take a shoot at it and bug you guys for help.

i'll start ordering the stuff.

one question though. IF, and only IF i'm able to mod the reflector to host H4 on both sides, should i only buy the H4 and both sides will be Hi/Lo?

At some point above i read that the H7 here is also Hi/Lo!!! is that true, so then what is the difference between both kits?

thanks Gozilla for this great mod.

Cheers

Bixenon by definition is hi/lo combination. Typically halogen bulbs that are H7 are not hi/lo, as is the case with the stock setup on our bikes. I think the whole point of these kits is to provide the hi/lo setup regardless of your bikes bulb type. All you would have to do is splice the wires from the H4 high beam into the relay of the new projector on the H7 side.

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
...Ballast and relay mounted
3451108074_099189ed0a.jpg

I'm about to embark upon this mod tomorrow. What is this about the relay? Looking at the wiring diagrams later in your post, I don't see a relay anywhere. What's that for?

I split the H4/H7 kit with Yoka, and just realized that the wiring diagrams included in the kit are specific to H4 or H7. So I sent him the H4 wiring instructions and I retained the H7 instructions. I presume from the wiring diagrams in your post, I'll be able to figure it out - doesn't look too complex.

I also noticed that your and Boneman's evidence of this working is on the 05/06 model, and I have an 07. With some changes in the front end, I suppose there is some chance that the projector won't fit in the housing. We'll see...

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
Bixenon by definition is hi/lo combination. Typically halogen bulbs that are H7 are not hi/lo, as is the case with the stock setup on our bikes. I think the whole point of these kits is to provide the hi/lo setup regardless of your bikes bulb type. All you would have to do is splice the wires from the H4 high beam into the relay of the new projector on the H7 side.
I went the FX35 mod route to HID, but the process should be the same. The bulb will be wired directly to the ballast and the relay will be used to switch the power on and off to the ballast power leads (thus providing a direct connection to the battery). The wires from the original high beam bulb will be connected to the shutter (xenon bulb is always on; low beam is achieved by blocking a portion of the projected light).

You might also consider adding the garage door opener mod to the high beam circuit since you'll be modding that anyways ...

YamaSpeed

Dartmouth Ambassador
Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought 4 H7s and 4 H4s. I will be splitting them up and selling three of them when they arrive. If any of you are interested let me know. It will be a first come first serve thing.

Yamaspeed

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
I've done this mod too on my naked, but I came to think of one, probably important, thing today: What if the bulb burns out? And some day it will, and it would be nice to know if it's possible to replace it with a bulb from any other after marked xenon supplier. I didn't really notice what kind of bulb it was when I did this, but maybe you could do that since you have four sets lying around? That way I don't have to un-bolt my headlight assembly in order to get to the bulb...

Thanks!:thumbup:

Jedi

Pillion Boy no more!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Just to bring this thread back from the dead, I've found a UK based eBay seller of these kits who will do a complete kit consisting of one H4 hi/lo projector and bulb, one H7 projector and bulb, both ballasts and wiring kits for £159.

More info here... http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/20478-uk-source-mixed-h4-hi-lo-h7-hid-projectors.html

No idea if they will ship internationally, may be worth an ask with the pound currently in meltdown against the Euro and Dollar.

bleego

Reaction score
Visit site
While this thread has been resurrected. Is anyone planning on doing this in the near future, or has done it and have an extra set? I am interested in doing this mod.

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not planning on doing this for a long time still, but I checked about a month ago and it looked like the ebay guy will make H4/H7 combo sets now so you don't have to partner up and trade.

bleego

Reaction score
Visit site

bleego

Reaction score
Visit site
I just checked with that particular seller from the above auctions. They will not mix and match. If anyone knows which seller does, or wants to go in halves, let me know.

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
You're right. I checked with the one I had found before and they said we have to buy them in pairs. Guess when they say just tell them what size you need when you order they really mean "as long as they are matched pairs" :spank:

bleego

Reaction score
Visit site
You're right. I checked with the one I had found before and they said we have to buy them in pairs. Guess when they say just tell them what size you need when you order they really mean "as long as they are matched pairs" :spank:

Indeed! Fortunately I'm not in a hurry. I guess I'll just put it out there, if anyone is planning on doing this and needs to get some, shoot me a PM and we can work out getting 2 complete kits.

-edit, I will have to wait on doing this for a bit, too broke / possibly losing job soon :(

Last edited: