Beware the Deer!

cyclelover101

Reaction score
Visit site
Wonder, why those deers are keep on running after bikes. Maybe they can see motorbikes as of their competitors or a good running buddy perhaps.

I am glad that you had not been badly hurt after all. The damage of your bike is not as big as mine when I had met some accident. I think a law should be passed regulating about those deers, coz we never know an accident might happen every now and then due to deers.

surfinfazer

Reaction score
Visit site
You are the sixth member since May to have a crash.

Nelly

That's pretty bad. I sure do hate to hear about guys eating the pavement. Just let the six of us serve to remind everyone to ride carefully and wear the gear, and then at least some good can come of it.

surfinfazer

Reaction score
Visit site
Update:

It would seem that I have either really bad luck with bikes lately, or really good luck. I guess it depends on how you look at it. So, I got my check from the insurance company, looked around for a while, and ended up riding off on a new 08 KLR. I took it home on Saturday at around 3:00 PM and had to go straight to work and I took the car. On Sunday I get up and go for a quick ride on the nearest atv/offroad trail, maybe 30 miles total. Then I decide on the way home to go to blockbuster to rent a movie for the evening. As I'm paying for it, I'm looking out the window and I watch some dumb f@%#$&g b$@%h back her car into my new toy and watch it hit the ground. I couldn't even believe it was happening. :eek: As should be no suprise, she acted like it was my fault that she backed into a parked vehicle... as if maybe I was really sneaky and just put it there the instant after she checked her mirrors to see if it was clear. Luckily the cop was a rider and he was super cool. Anyway, the damage was mainly superficial and while I have yet to deal with her insurance, the dealer estimates the damage at just over $2000. This is of course due to the "replace it, don't repair it" mentality with motorcycles. Plus, since my bike was only 25 hours old when she hit it, any part with even a scratch was factored in. Since it's a KLR and I plan to ride it hard in the rough anyway, I will probably not fix most of what is covered, so I have a little farkle money all set already (but who really wants their bike to hit the pavement in order to get their farkle money). So, like I said, depending on how you look at it, either really good or really bad luck.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Update:

It would seem that I have either really bad luck with bikes lately, or really good luck. I guess it depends on how you look at it. So, I got my check from the insurance company, looked around for a while, and ended up riding off on a new 08 KLR. I took it home on Saturday at around 3:00 PM and had to go straight to work and I took the car. On Sunday I get up and go for a quick ride on the nearest atv/offroad trail, maybe 30 miles total. Then I decide on the way home to go to blockbuster to rent a movie for the evening. As I'm paying for it, I'm looking out the window and I watch some dumb f@%#$&g b$@%h back her car into my new toy and watch it hit the ground. I couldn't even believe it was happening. :eek: As should be no suprise, she acted like it was my fault that she backed into a parked vehicle... as if maybe I was really sneaky and just put it there the instant after she checked her mirrors to see if it was clear. Luckily the cop was a rider and he was super cool. Anyway, the damage was mainly superficial and while I have yet to deal with her insurance, the dealer estimates the damage at just over $2000. This is of course due to the "replace it, don't repair it" mentality with motorcycles. Plus, since my bike was only 25 hours old when she hit it, any part with even a scratch was factored in. Since it's a KLR and I plan to ride it hard in the rough anyway, I will probably not fix most of what is covered, so I have a little farkle money all set already (but who really wants their bike to hit the pavement in order to get their farkle money). So, like I said, depending on how you look at it, either really good or really bad luck.

So long as it's not bent up, leaking and is still safe to ride, then it is good luck!

I had the same with my Tacoma. I got rear-ended. I didn't claim medical and the kid's insurance sent a guy out who wrote up EVERYTHING he possible could then sent me a check in two days for $3k! I didn't ask him for anything, didn't even point out much. I think the guy over-quoted because I wasn't A) Claiming a medical and B) Not suing the kid. I bought a NIB bumper off a dealer on ebay for $308.00 delivered and need to buy about $130.00 worth of plastic. Pocketed the rest and used it, along with what I sold my '05 FZ6 for, to walk out of the dealer with a clean title and a 2008 FZ6! "Thanks kid!" "Hit me again!" :america: