Bad consequence of the Dual Headlight mod ...

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I have now had 4 people approach me, telling me that my long beam is active ...,- all be course of the Dual Headlight mod .....
Part of the reason I did it was to avoid the "One of you headlights are out" comment, - but now I guess I have to get used to the "long beam is on" instead .....

Guess I just can't win this one ....

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think anybody over here knows about the difference in lowbeam vs highbeam being on either side.

I have different colored bulbs in each side and nobody has said anything yet.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
guess you can;t have it all...

of course those are probably all the people that you corrected when you only had one light.... Now they are confused...

Jed: "Ethel, last month didn't that young man tell you last month that both
headlights meant High beams and only one was simply the low?"
Ethel: "damn hooligans...."

ReblTeen84

Übernerd
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't done the mod yet, but I ride with the high beams on at night anyway instead of just the one light. Never had anyone complain and it definitely makes it easier to see and I know I'm easier to see! Around here, I'll take whatever I can get.

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
guess you can;t have it all...

of course those are probably all the people that you corrected when you only had one light.... Now they are confused...

Jed: "Ethel, last month didn't that young man tell you last month that both
headlights meant High beams and only one was simply the low?"
Ethel: "damn hooligans...."

ROFL!! :rof:

GodSpeedLuc

Reaction score
Visit site
im actually contemplating the dual headlight mod because some consequence like this. or i may just put in HID units. visibility is pretty poor with the low beam at night.

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't done the mod yet, but I ride with the high beams on at night anyway instead of just the one light. Never had anyone complain and it definitely makes it easier to see and I know I'm easier to see! Around here, I'll take whatever I can get.

I've taken to leaving the high beam on most all the time, day or night. I've passed cops going the other way, ridden behind friends on their bikes or in their cars, and so far no one thinks it's a problem; cops haven't stopped me and the people in front say it's not distracting. I guess I'll go with this for now since I'm not good with a wrench and don't trust the stealership doing the mod.

delboy

Reaction score
Visit site
I've done the dual headlight mod and besides the symmetry issue, the headlights are still absolutely sh1te in the dark. Think i'll have to go for a HID conversion.

eric76

Reaction score
Visit site
The high beam for FZ6 is actually quite dim IMO, i always on it at night, no funny complain so far.......anyway need to do a HID also to brighten up

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I get it as well but I tell them it is so other people can see me....and it is working.

The worst time is at night because nearly everyone flashes at me. Luckily I do not often ride at night.

Steve

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, you've done the mod and the low beam "appears" to be on high? Simply adjust the aim of the low beam to the proper level and end the complaints. :D

*EDIT* Here's how from the manual.

View attachment 13485

Last edited:

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
So, you've done the mod and the low beam "appears" to be on high? Simply adjust the aim of the low beam to the proper level and end the complaints. :D

*EDIT* Here's how from the manual.

View attachment 13485

It's not that it's to high, - it's just the fact that the bulb is on that triggers em :)

Donnie869

Bass/BikeMaster
Reaction score
www.palmbaybassmasters.com
When I did the mod on mine both low beams are on. When I hit the high(long) beam switch only one high beam comes on. I cannot complain about the brightness of the lights in either mode. I ride alot in the dark commuting and have not had any problems.:thumbup:

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
When I did the mod on mine both low beams are on. When I hit the high(long) beam switch only one high beam comes on. I cannot complain about the brightness of the lights in either mode. I ride alot in the dark commuting and have not had any problems.:thumbup:

In 2007 bike.dk did a test of the headlights on the most popular sport touring/Street racer machines here in Denmark, - and the Fiz came out as a clear winner. (And this was in stock mode). As I remember it the other bikes was a Suzuki Bandit, and a Kawasaki Z750.