ASV Shorties installed!!

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys got my ASV shorties in blue I bought of mellofelow (awesome seller btw) and got them all mounted up and adjusted on the baby!!! Personally I think they look sick, but since the blue doesn't quite match the bike I was thinking some solid black grips to break up the color scheme might be advantageous...what do you guys think? (and yes that is my raptor in the background.....Yamaha all the way :rockon:)

100_0399.jpg

100_0403.jpg

100_0400.jpg

100_0404.jpg

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
looks good, you gotta remove them warning stickers!! put it #1 on the "to do"... haha... looks good though bro...
u should check out the Rizoma grips... pretty pricy but worth it... PJ's has em cheapest...

PJs Parts

PJs Parts < these might be a little easier to swallow, look just as nice but for a fraction of the cost... tie in some nice bar ends and your set!

GR213GripsAllColors.jpg

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
looks good, you gotta remove them warning stickers!! put it #1 on the "to do"... haha... looks good though bro...
u should check out the Rizoma grips... pretty pricy but worth it... PJ's has em cheapest...

PJs Parts

PJs Parts < these might be a little easier to swallow, look just as nice but for a fraction of the cost... tie in some nice bar ends and your set!

GR213GripsAllColors.jpg

dude those look really clean....I want...and btw what did you use to remove your stickers without $^&%ing up the paint???

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
dude those look really clean....I want...and btw what did you use to remove your stickers without $^&%ing up the paint???

lots of different methods for removing the stickers, just search for sticker removal and you will get a huge list of what others have done to get rid of them.

WD-40 and goo gone seem to be the prefered, along with hitting them with a hair dryer to loosen up the glue.

Of course i haven't gotten to doing it yet either.

Reaction score
Visit site

PJs Parts

Anybody know if these will work with a Throttlemeister? Are they rubber?

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
@yamaharider - Dude those ASV's look fantastic on your bike! Good choice.

@yamahaMax - WTF? :eek: Those must be really new RIZOMA grip styles beacuse I didn't see those listed when I bought my RIZOMA grips last month from PJ's!?!?! Damn, those look much nicer and looks like they have added a little more comfort. Crap.....missed out on these babys (although at 2.5 times the price of their regular billet grips, I don't feel too bad about not getting them!)

Last edited:

mellofelow

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome! Hey... i like the shorty look. And actually the color matches pretty well. Did you ride on them yet? Buttery feel as well.... Enjoy!

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
lots of different methods for removing the stickers, just search for sticker removal and you will get a huge list of what others have done to get rid of them.

WD-40 and goo gone seem to be the prefered, along with hitting them with a hair dryer to loosen up the glue.

Of course i haven't gotten to doing it yet either.

+1 on that. I use my heat gun on low. Stickers peal off in a matter of seconds! As rio said, clean up with some WD-40, alcohol, mineral spirits or goo gone and you're good to go!

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! I also have the black shorties on my Red FZ. Looks like you have the clutch dialed way in (as do I) and I have the brake dialed way out. New lever seems to be touchy on the brake side ( not much pull needed).

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
@yamaharider - Dude those ASV's look fantastic on your bike! Good choice.

@yamahaMax - WTF? :eek: Those must be really new RIZOMA grip styles beacuse I didn't see those listed when I bought my RIZOMA grips last month from PJ's!?!?! Damn, those look much nicer and looks like they have added a little more comfort. Crap.....missed out on these babys (although at 2.5 times the price of their regular billet grips, I don't feel too bad about not getting them!)
i think they been out for awhile, i got mine about 2 months ago, and they were out then... i just wasnt gonna spend that "big balla" cash hehe

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome! Hey... i like the shorty look. And actually the color matches pretty well. Did you ride on them yet? Buttery feel as well.... Enjoy!

Yea they are SUPER smooth....way better than stock and clutch engagement is easier with a shorter pull on the lever than stock....I was dragging it down an abandonded street last night at like 1:30am and it was shifting like a dream. really love the levers and the other sweet thing is they are short enough if I ever do lay it down they won't touch the pavement....unless I endo lol.